• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*********** The AoS Assassin FAQ ***********

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flippy

Being an Assassin

1. How do I raise my Poisoning skill
  2. Skill Gain Journal
  3. How to determine what level of poison will be done on victim
  4. What message will appear once poisoned?
  5. What can be poisoned?
  6. What is my Chance to Poison someone?
  7. How do I raise Hiding?
  8. How do I raise Stealth?
  9. How do I determine how many steps Im allowed to take with my Stealth?
  10. Help! I am being revealed when I am walking! Why?
  11. What skills should I use for my assassin?
    Being Red
  12. What happens when I die?
  13. What happens when I get a Murder Count?
  14. How do I Determine my Murder Counts?
  15. Short Term Counts ?
  16. Long Term Counts ?
    Being Red or Not
  17. How Much Mana is used for each Special Move?
  18. What is this new Armor/Damage with weapons?
  19. 8x8 Explained
  20. Poisoning & Infectious Strike
  21. Brokensaber's Resist Guide
  22. Useful Links about Assassins

How do I raise my Poisoning skill:

Poisoning is a target based skill. This means you never need to move around to GM. You will need, however, ALOT of targets to poison (From 300 to 500 is nice). This skill requires alot of resources, I do mean ALOT. Be prepared to spend alot of gold on poison potions (Its much cheaper to make it yourself with an alchemy then buying from others, but its still expensive)

Now if you understand what Target Based Skill gains mean, then you can skip this, but for others this will help you out somewhat. What it basically means is if you successfully apply a poison to a dagger and you dont not get a gain, you will never get a gain on that dagger unless you get a gain from a different item OR the server restarts (Server going down every night/morning). So what this means is that you need many targets to raise your skill. While your skill is lower you wont need as many because your skill gains come quicker, but later on it will sometimes take 200 items to get a gain (It once took me around 400 to finally get a gain). So basically, more targets = better.

Ok now to gaining Poisoning. Here is a little chart I followed while working on poisoning:

0-40: Lesser Poison
40-70: Regular Poison
70-100: Greater Poison

(Note: If gains dry up for Regular poison while in the upper 60's try switching to Greater then)

This will cost you from 200-300k if you make the poisons yourself. Im not sure what the price would be if you bought them...but its alot more

Now the hardest part, or most mind numbing, is to keep on doing the skill over and over. To make this easier use UOAssist. If you dont have it, GET IT, its worth it! With that, you can set up macros to drain a poison from a keg, then use the poisoning skill, then apply it to a certain weapon. Once the macros are set up (It takes up a few slots) then its just pushing buttons to play certain macros.

Skill Gain Journal: by Nadya_Modavia
Code:
Date Began: Monday Nov 11, 2002    Date Ended: Tuesday Nov 19,2002                
Skill: Poisoning                    
    Day    Start    End    Poison Type    # Kegs
    1    00.0    43.9    Lesser                  5
    1    43.9    51.4    Regular                 3
    2    51.4    60.6    Regular                 6
    2    60.6    66.4    Greater                 6
    3    66.4    73.3    Greater                 8
    4    73.3    78.4    Greater                 7
    5    78.4    88.0    Greater                24
    6    88.0    92.0    Greater                24
    7    92.0    92.8    Deadly                 4
    7    92.8    94.4    Greater                24
    8    94.4    95.3    Greater                12
    8    95.3    96.1    Greater                7
    8    96.1    96.4    Deadly                 1
    8    96.4    98.2    Greater                24
    9    98.2    99.0    Greater                12
    9    99.0    99.3    Greater                2
    9    99.3    99.4    Deadly                 1
    9    99.4    99.6    Deadly                 1
    9    99.6    100    Greater                 3

Total Days:    9        Total Kegs:    174

Day 1 Average gains per Keg w/Lesser:        2.46            
Day 1 Average gains per Keg w/Regular:        2.5            
Day 2 Average gains per Keg w/Regular:        1.53            
Day 2 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.96            
Day 3 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        1.1            
Day 4 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.73            
Day 5 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.4            
Day 6 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.17            
Day 7 Average gains per Keg w/Deadly:        0.2            
Day 7 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.07            
Day 8 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.08            
Day 8 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.11            
Day 8 Average gains per Keg w/Deadly:        0.3            
Day 8 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.08            
Day 9 Average gains per Keg w/Greater:        0.12            
Day 9 Average gains per Keg w/Deadly:        0.15
How to determine what level of poison will be done on victim:

Poisoning% = Chance to raise the level of poison applied to weapon
So at 50.0 Poisoning, there is a 50% chance to do Lethal Poison if a Deadly Poison was appliled to it. And at 100.0 its 100%

What message will appear once poisoned?

• Lesser PoisonVictim:
You feel a bit nauseous
Poisoner: [name] looks ill

• Regular Poison
Victim: You feel disoriented and nauseous
Poisoner: [name] looks extremely ill
  • Greater Poison
Victim: You begin to feel pain throughout your body
Poisoner: [name] stumbles around in confusion and pain
  • Deadly Poison
Victim: You feel extremely weak and are in sever pain!
Poisoner: [name] is wracked with extreme pain!
  • Lethal Poison
Victim: You are in extreme pain, and require immediate aid!
Poisoner: [name] begins to spasm uncontrollaby
What can be poisoned?

Currently only these can be poisoned:
-Food
-Butcher Knife/Cleaver/Dagger/Pike/Kryss/Double Bladed Staff

What is my Chance to Poison someone?<

With AoS around, now if you have Infecting Strike turned on, your first successful hit will apply the poison on the target you hit.

How do I raise Hiding?

Hiding is a movement based skill. This means you can get a boat, head out into the ocean, and 8x8 it. If you dont know what 8x8 is, look below for a step by step direction. You can also raise your hiding while your working on your stealth so I would recommend start working on your stealth once you hit 80.1 hiding because you normally will get to gm hiding before gm stealth.
Once your at 80.1 Hiding, you can now attempt to stealth! :p And once your at 100 Hiding, you can hide from people without breaking the Line of Sight and only need to be 8 steps away min (But you can still hide from breaking the LoS by going around a corner of a house or casting stone wall and being on other side then attacker).

How do I raise Stealth?

Again stealth is movement based so you should head out on a boat and start 8x8ing once you hit 80.1 hiding. But the difference from stealth is that its ALSO difficulty based, meaning you must "challenge yourself" for gains, or do it where you fail around 40% of the time.
Here is a Chart made by Lord Lythande that I and many others follow:
0-30 Buy from Thief Guildmaster
30-65 Stealth with only newbie clothes and a robe on
65-95 GM Full Studded Leather Suit
95-GM GM Full Studded Leather Suit and GM Close Helm

How do I determine how many steps Im allowed to take with my Stealth?

For every 10 points of stealth that you gain, you can take another step. So at 50 Stealth you can take 5 steps. At 80 you can take 8 steps and at 100 Stealth you can take 10 steps, etc.

Help! I am being revealed when I am walking! Why?

The reason why you are probably being revealed is because of the people that you are stealthing near. Current your chance of being revealed is determined by

Stealth + Dexterity / 2 VS. Intelligence + Detect Hidden / 2

There are a few other reasons why you might being revealed, this could be why:
1. If you fail to stealth, you will become revealed.
2. You will become revealed once crossing a server line.
3. You will become revealed if you walk ontop of someone.
4. Doing a Skill/Spell that will normally reveal you.
5. Someone casting an Area damaging spell then walking right next to you.
6. While hidden, and you hit your stealth macro, equiping your weapon will resest the step counter and your next step will reveal you! Either keep your weapon on you before you hit stealth macro or after all your steps.

What skills should I use for my assassin?

Well there are basically 2 skills needed to be an assassin which are Hiding and Stealth, while Poisoning is a great addition, its sometimes hard to fit in the template so some chose not to. Many prefer to be warrior assassins, which the skills consist normally of: Fencing/Tactics/Anatomy/Hiding/Stealth/Poisoning/Magery or Healing, this is considered the BASIC ASSASSIN, or thats what I consider it to be. Now with that being said, you can do things like take anatomy and magery out and put in necro and spirit speak. Others like more of a mage template and add magery/eval/med in it. Others like having skills like Alchemy included so they can even make their poisons while out on the field and make heal/cure pots while in battle when needed.

Being Red

Dying:

So your dead, well...that's no good. You probably want to get rezzed. Before AOS you would have to either go all the way to the Chaos Shrine or find someone to rez you. But now there are also healers that are hued red and they can rez murderers.

Murder Counts:

There are 2 types of counts you recieve after killing someone (And they chose to give you a count), a Long Term Count, and a Short Term Count. Both these have different meanings.

How to Determine your Murder Counts:
Say "I must consider my sins" then a message will appear on your bottom left screen saying
"Short Term Murders: X, Long Term Murders: X"

Short Term Counts:

-This use to judge whether or not if you were in stat loss before AoS. But now since OSI took off Stat Loss, this has little value. (Use to be 0-4= Safe from Stat Loss, 5+= in Stat Loss and once you rez in stat loss, a percent of your skills will lower)
-1 Short Term Count goes away every 8 hours of playtime. (Note: If you receive another count, the timer will reset back to 8 hours)

Long Term Counts:

-This is to determine if your character is to be Red (Murderer) or Blue (Innocent). At 0-4 Long Term Counts, you will remain blue (Except for turning grey while doing criminal acts) but once you receive your 5th Long Term Count, you will become a Murderer, Red.

-1 Long Term Count takes 40 hours to go away. This is an extremely long time so if you do plan to go blue again, DO NOT get many or else it would be simplier to just create a new character.

How Much Mana is used for each Special Move?

Thats a loaded question, it depends on your skill set totals. A definition of how and a little caculator can be found using the Special Moves Caculator

What is this new Armor/Damage with weapons?

Now with AoS, there are ifferent types of resistances: Physical, Energy, Fire, Cold, and Poison. The top armor resistance you can get is 70.
-Physical: Damage from Melee (Main damage from weapons usually)
-Energy: Energy based spells and magic weapons/enhanced weapons with Energy damage.
-Fire: Fire based spells and magic weapons/enhanced weapons with Fire damage.
-Cold: Cold based spells and magic weapons/enhanced weapons with Cold damage.
-Poison: Poison based spells and magic weapons/enhanced weapons with Poison damage.

What you must do is find a weapon that will do the most damage to the victim's armor, usually people have good physical resistance so switch it around and find one that is good for you. (Example, sometimes people in ice dungeon wear better Cold armor, so take out weapon with other Element damge)

8x8 Explained

1. Start your boat pointed north (to those who don't know, North faces the upper right side of the screen)

2. Stand directly behind the mast, facing east (bottom right of the screen)

3. Say "slow forward"

4. Do the skill you want to get a gain.

5. Keep on doing the skill till you get a gain.

6. STOP!!! You just found the beginning of your gain "run". Your next gain will 98% of the time be exactly 8 tiles (steps) from that original gain spot, either north or south. If you were quick on you "stop" command then you should be exactly 8 tiles to the north already, and do the skill again. You should receive a gain. If you don't, then that means the "run" runs south. Go back to where you got your first gain (8 tiles south) Now you are on the original spot. So go 8 more tiles south. Do the skill again. You WILL gain in one of those two spots if you did it right.

7. Great!! Now we found which way the "run" is running. Now all we do is follow it. Go eight more tiles in the direction that you went from the original gain. (north or south)

8. Do the skill. Holy bejesus!! that's 0.3 already!

9. Go 8 more tiles in the same direction.

10. Again do the skill. WHOOHOO 0.4!!!!

11. Continue till you do not gain anymore (runs typically go from 3 gains in a row up to 15, The largest I ever got was 45. Thats 4.5 skill, and I was at 87!)

12. When you are sure that the run has ended, return to step 1

Poisoning & Infectious Strike: by Alanon of Europa updated by BigFreak

Basically:

Mage armour is fully stealthable

and:

Infectious strike mana cost:

Total of - swords+fencing+macing+archery+parry+lumber+stealth+poison

200 or under = listed mana cost
200- 299.9 = -5 to mana cost
300 + = -10 to mana cost

There is no reduction to infectious strike directly by the poison skill (the listed -1 mana per 10 poisoning (-12 at GM) is outdated information and doesnt apply)
Alanon of Europa

Publish 25 introduced the requirement of poisoning skill to inflict the poisons, even after being applied to a blade. Here's the details:

The Poisoning skill will give a (Poisoning Skill)% chance to increase the level of poison delivered by 1. The blade must have poison applied to it. The power of the poison depends on the type of poison used and your poisoning skill.
With Poisoning skill 0.0 - 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 (with a chance of level 2)
With Poisoning skill 20.0 - 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (with a chance of level 3)
With Poisoning skill 40.0 - 59.9 you can inflict level 3 (with a chance of level 4)
With Poisoning skill 60.0 - 100.0 you can inflict level 4 (with a chance of level 5)
BigFreak

Brokensaber's Resist Guide

RULES- First thing you have to do is keep this in mind. The best chance to gain resist is if your Chance to resist a spell falls between 45-55%

First do fire fields in Fel. 2 fire fields linked works great. Have a red friend to cast and heal. A second healer helps. Make sure your friends are GM magery helps..

Step 1

Fact- Fire fields will take you to 67.0 if pushed to the ultimate. Gains bog down to 66 though which if fine for the next step.

Step 2

Say goodbye to your mage buddys, you wont need their help training anymore.
Now stock up on your bandages, Pots, orange leaves. You'll be going to Reaper valley north of Minoc.

K many of you might say reapers are to powerfull and I won't gain resist. Well, remember the #1 rule? 45-55% chance to resist? Well that works here. You will be gaining off low level spells like magic arrow, harms,fireballs and lightning.

Reaper Valley training - Your risk factor is high here so you might want to drop some bandages in a safe location in case you get killed by a reaper. Reapers are notorious for rez killing. You'll want to take it slow at first only taking on one or 2 at a time at first. Reapers should take you to mid 70s. After your gains slow down off the lightning bolts its time to goto step 3.

Step 3 (The shotgun phase)

Now for some real fun! First stock up on kegs of cure and greater heal,bandages orange petals, armor, and some GM weps 3-4. Take a keg of each, 200 bandages, some petals if any, and about 20-25 bottles with you.

You'll now goto Fel Deceit bone mage room. 3 bone mages are located here. The location is north of what most players call the bone wall, opposite direction of the way to the champ spawn. Bone mages are very agressive with spells and lack melee damage, meaning a fighter can stand in the middle of the room and just heal. At first, use the junkiest wep you have on them so you completley drain them of mana before you kill them. You'll be gaining mass resist here! from low level spells to flame strikes. As you climb in skill use a better sharper wep, but no silver what so ever.

The bone mages will take you too 98.8 flat! and in my opinion the gains were faster than the old deamon boat trick.

Step 4 (Things get slower...)

98+ things slow down a bit just because of pure volume of creatures casting, their mana pools being limited or to dangerous.

From here I went to Fel Covestous LL area. I trained here because its not camped, amble room to move around and if i died all my loot goes with me.
Gains are slow here do to Lich casting habit of flame strikes. Now you will gain off a liches flame strike, but very unlikely from a LL untill you get gm+. On LLs you'll gain most off of their explosions and ebolts. Now this is probably not the fastest way cause I'm not much of a dungeon delver.

At this Level you might want to take a look at monsters magery level vs your resist and use the resist calculator to find your chance to resist and then come up with the best method for you.

This took me about 2 weeks from 0-104 of casually training.

Useful Links about Assassins

(Note these are links to sites that have information/episodes of being an assassin, check them out with your free time and they can get you some more ideas)

UOSS Assassin articles
Assassin Tales &amp; Yarns

Special thanks goes to Corran Horn for updating our many FAQs into this one in May 2003
*Tips Hat*

Thanks for Reading, hope you have fun while being an assassin!

F

Flippy

Template for an Assassin in the Age of Shadows

Hello everyone, what follows is a template for the template of an Assassin post AoS. Please feel free to copy and paste this into your template reply, and fill in the blanks. I am hoping a easy to read template will reduce the number of template related questions we get. This will be indefinitely sticked at the top. Feel free to make modifications has you get better familure with all the new stuff in AoS.

A Template post was created for Post AoS however it was done around the opening of AoS, some may have changed there minds abit, so if you wana look into that one, please understand some reasoning for the templats may no longer be valid. Old AoS Assassin Templates

This thread is dedicated to the templates, discussions of the templates are allowed, however 2 weeks after the discussion ends the discussion post(s) will be removed. By posting a reply you are agreeing with this. I want to keep a clean template thread.

My Type of Playstyle:

My Str:
My Dex:
My Int:

My Skills Set and skill level in order of importance, 1 being most important to an Assassin in my opinion.

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is:

Here is a list of the power scrolls I used and where I used them:

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this:

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard:

My Type of Playstyle:
Sneaking up and shocking them then using clever tactics :p

My Str: 90
My Dex: 80
My Int: 55

My Skills Set in order of importance, 1 being most important to an Assassin in my opinion.

1. hiding
2. stealth
3. poisoning
4. fencing
5. anatomy
6. healing
7. meditation

smash em with a dismount, boot on a dagger and poison them and when needed shadow strike them, or lob a short spear and when they are running hit them with a moral(works great on mages)

eerrm havent used any with this char but if i was a vet i'd put it in fencing

put it on dex

Europa :p ull prob get a different one tho

My Type of Playstyle: Basic Assassin

My Str: 85
My Dex: 100
My Int: 50
(+10 Stat scroll)

My Skills Set in order of importance, 1 being most important to an Assassin in my opinion.

1. Stealth
2. Hiding
3. Poisoning
4. Fencing
5. Tactics
6. Anatomy
7. Healing
8. Magery
9. Spirit Speak
10. Tracking

Infectious Strike, got to love that, Stealth up to your victim and attack them, the victim is usually not expecting this so you usually have enough time for 2 hits before they start to move, which by then, there health has really dropped.

110 Fencing
110 Tactics
That is all I care for, fencing for better % to hit and tactics for more damage

My Stats, get myself either 5 more str or 5 more int

Lake Austin, Chesapeake, Pacific, and soon Siege

My Type of Playstyle: Ranged // no escape

My Str: 100
My Dex: 25 +your stat scroll
My Int: 100

My Skills Set and skill level in order of importance, 1 being most important to an Assassin in my opinion.

1. Hiding -100
2. Stealth -100
3. Archery -120
4. Necromancy -120
5. Spirit speak -120
6. Meditation -100
7. Focus - 40
8. Tracking -20.1 &lt;- (only if you have Veteran account skill points left.
Take whats needed from necromancy to get 20.1)

Dissmount with the heavey crossbow. Stealth close to your target after you decide what the best combo of spells would be for the kill, fire away with dissmount, and cast away.

+20 archery
+20 spirit speak
+10 necromancy
If you miss the dismount, your left very vulnerable. You have to have near 120 and +% to hit. +20 SS for the best damage and healing. +10 necro for 100% strangle casting. I use 120 necro but its not essential to this template.

Dexterity

Pacific
Soon to be siege.

My Type of Playstyle:
Two types of playstyle:
1. straight up frontal assault (I call it the kill or run attack) - Cast Blood oath so they dont wanna hit little old me. LP them/strangle/painspike. If things get ugly, RUN LIKE HELL! Can't hide after that kinda assault cuz strangle reveals you.

2. For house hiders, use stealth to get next to them, cast painspike/auto hit LP/strangle wait a sec then cast whither if they don't runaway (they always do)

3. When caught in a gank. Shadow strike and as they "LMAO" stealth away while they try to reveal me.

My Str: 90
My Int: 55

1. hiding
2. stealth
3. poisoning
4. fencing
5. Necro
6. spirit speak
7. meditation

I have not been fond of the necro aspect of this template because SS heals too little. After a blood oath, I am left with very little hp, intentionally. SS heals too little and is interruptable. I was thinking of changing to magery and eval.

My Type of Playstyle: Hiding ambush with 120*120*25

My Int: 25 (now 30)

1. Fencing (GM)
2. Tactics (GM)
3. Hiding (GM)
4. Poisoning (81)
5. Alchemy (GM)
6. Anatomy (GM)
7. Healing (81)
8. Magery (53)

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Poisoning, on a dagger with 120 stamina.

Here is a list of the power scrolls I used and where I used them: None

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this: Int

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Test centre, I'm not a sideshow attraction, go do it yourself!
Template completed on Europa and Siege, in training on Atlantic.

My Type of Playstyle: Stealth in the shadows and attack when the moment is right.

My Str: 80
My Int: 90

1. Stealth
2. Hiding
3. Poisoning
4. Fencing
5. Spiritspeak
6. Necro
7. Meditation

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Infectious Strike love to LP them, Disarm is a good starter against heavy hitters or use it when you need a break to heal or cure, Bleed good to keep them loosing life then slap a LP on em for more dmg. Shadowstrike I really like this good for if you just don't wanna fight or want to stealth right away, get out of gank card.
for necro spells I will use strangle, wither, and pain spike mainly
may try using blood oath and evil omen as well.
everyone is usually on a mount so I always open with a dismount.

+20 stat scroll to bring my str and int higher
+5 stat gift for more int
110 fencing to hit more looking for 120
110 necro to cast strangle 100%
110 SS looking for 120

Used on my stats

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Siege

My Type of Playstyle: Smile , Posion, Kill, Smile some more

My Str: 102
My Dex: 97
My Int: 27

1. fencing 115
2. Posion 100
3. tactics 105
4. parry 110
5. anatomy 100
6. healing 100
7. focus 50
8. magery 25

Infectious strike.... used all the time

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Sonoma

My Type of Playstyle:

My Str: 64
My Dex: 125
My Int: 36

1. poisoning
2. fencing (what you gonna do? throw your corpse at them?)
3. necromancy (evil omen = higher level poison, &amp; pain spike)
4. chivalry (speed is the key)
5. spiritspeak (lets you heal while under ANY affliction)
6. alchemy (make them dread you for more than 3 reasons)
7. Stealing (just tossed this in for fun, but its good to prevent healing, steal bandies)
8. focus (need that stamina and mana!)

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: infectious strike

-NA-
will use fencing if any

+5 stats

Cats
note: i have 167 normal stamina at all times, with minor pumping i can get as fast as a .3 attack speed!!!, this is no joke!
(divine fury/(GM alchy/ring/brace)/curse weapon)
200+ stamina with 25% speed poisoned dagger/divine fury = death on wheels

My Type of Playstyle:
go in with the bola, kill the horse de buff them mana dump and use bleed untill death.

My Dex: 55 +20 stat scroll if u got ] need 25
My Int: 90 +5 stat scroll if u got ]

1. hiding
2. stealth
3. resist
4. magery
5. eval (use any vet points here and in fencing)
6. fencing
7. med

bleed, mortal strike, shadow strike

havent used any coz i have no vet points /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Europa :p

My Type of Playstyle: Sinister Sin, Stealth Poisoner

My Dex: 90
My Int: 40

1. Stealth
2. Hiding
3. Poisoning
4. Fencing
5. Tactics
6. Anatomy
7. Healing 80.1
8. Tracking 20.1

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Infectious Strike: Stealth up, Infectious Strike, Bola if mounted, Infectious strike again.

+10 Fencing
+10 Tactics

+5 Stats

Lake Superior. (special thanks to Corran Horn, whose template I copied)

My Type of Playstyle: PvM and Roleplaying

My Dex: 70
My Int: 70

1. Fencing
2. Tactics
3. Poisoning
4. Alchemy
5. Anatomy
6. Healing
7. Hiding
8. Stealth
9. Resist Spells
10. Archery

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Mortal Strike

Chivalry. I used it on my Paladin
Musicianship. I used it on my Bard
Animal Taming. I used it on my Shepherd
Mace Fighting. I used it on my Druid

I increased my mage's evaluating intelligence skill from 92.7 to 97.7
I increased my druid's magery skill from 90 to 95
I increased my bard's provocation skill from 85.1 to 90.1

Baja

My Str: 65
My Dex:120
My Int: 45

1. 110 stealth
2. 100 hiding
3. 100 poisoning
4. 110 fencing
5. 110 tactics
6. 100 focus
7. 90 magery(with +10 ring)

Infectious Strike, obviouse. and Shadow Strike to avoid those Pets that tamers are so fond of.

+ 10 stealth, fence, and tact

i used it on stats

Chessy

My Type of Playstyle:stealthn and then backstab with a dp'ed weap. Easy and efficent!

My Str:90
My Dex:90
My Int:45

1. Hiding(gm)
2. stealth(gm)
3. fencing(gm)
4. tactics (gm)
6. poisoning(gm)
7. tracking(22)
8. magery(gm)
9. eval(78)

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: shadow stirke(hit from the shadows 'n hide again), infectous(agains low armoured guys when i first hit them from the shadows) and armour ignore(agains heavy armoured guys when i first hit them from the shadows)

none

int

eu

My Type of Playstyle: Like most people, sneak up behind them and tap them on the shoulder with a deadly Posioned wepon

My Dex:60
My Int: 65

1. Fencing
2. tactics
3. anatomy
4. posioning
5. healing
6. hiding
7. stealth
8. and a little resist

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: infectious strike and paralyze strike. For mage: Paralyze first hit, then posion then try to paralyze again. For warrior: posion first then slow him down with paralyze

Here is a list of the power scrolls I used and where I used them: I used a 120 Stealth scroll I got for 300K

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this: I used it to bring posioning up to 94.7.

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Napa valley, city of britain (I'm CoM, opposing factions welcomed) or Lost Lands

My Type of Playstyle: Offense before defence.This template is weak for mana regeneration so buy some good val mage armor with some mana regeneration properties.Also use a fast weapon like a kryss to make up for average dex. And dont forget some fast cast/fast recovery jewlry.I also go with the protection spell in effect for less fizzle. A +25 stat scroll would also be a huge help!!

My Str:115
My Dex:45
My Int:70

1. poisoning 100
2. fencing 110
3. magery 105
4. tactics 105
5. eval intel 100
6. anatomy 100
7. focus 85

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Infectious Strike deadly poison.

Here is a list of the power scrolls I used and where I used them: 105 magery,105 tactics and 110 fencing.

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this:Stats of course.

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Sonoma

My Type of Playstyle:
wait for miners to have too much weight
and keeping the yew pks and antis at war because SOMEONE had to kill everyones' friend...

My Dex: 105
My Int: 40

1. hiding
2. stealth
3. fencing
4. anatomy
5. tactics
6. healing
7. magery

mortal strike, infectious strike to beat up everyone since i dont have 80 stealth yet

i want to use 10 on fence and tacs when i get the money

used on dex

catskills! watch me show those dirt diggers who can run faster! they'll never catch me

My Type of Playstyle: Run up and hit my mark with LvL 5 infectious strike .. continue hitting them with my weapon to interrupt cure/spiritspeak.. if they manage to cure, hit them with level 5 poison again..
Heal using spiritspeak, when necissary..
If I do die, all I need to do is resurrect and I'm ready to go again.. My Poisoned weapon is blessed. No need for armour. No need for reagents or bandages.

1. GM Poisoning
2. 120 Fencing
3. 120 Tactics
4. GM Necromancy
5. GM Spiritspeak
6. GM Focus
7. 80 Resist

Infectious strike.. Doublestrike..

120 Fencing..
120 Tactics..

My house?

My type of Playstyle:
Patience, stealth, guile, and being too damn quick to compete with. I wear/use +attack speed, + to hit, and enhance potion equipment. At the moment I have over 140 dexterity when I drink a GAgility pot (which is always) and I swing ridiculously fast with a kryss, hitting most people 90% of the time. My weapons themselves are amined at fast swings and high damage - most having fireball or lightning hits in them, and a minimum of +15% attack speed. I also use potions in huge amounts, including GExpl pots which I have a macro for - throw at last target, explode on impact.
This is an antique template from Pre-AoS days, but I've found its very antiquity to be its greatest asset - nobody is prepared to fight it.

My Dex: 115
My Int: 30

My skills and skill level in order of importance to an assassin in my opinion:

1. Hiding (100)
2. Stealth (100)
3. Poisoning (85)
4. Fencing (120)
5. Tactics (100)
6. Anatomy (110)
7. Healing (90)

Infectious strike, with a mana cost of only 5, is my key move
Armour Ignore or Mortal Strike are great as a finishing move
Shadowstrike for when I get in trouble

Fencing +20 - the more I hit the better
Anatomy +10 - This is pre AoS when parablows were dependent on Anatomy for success

Nothing, I missed out on it as my account was inactive at the time.

Oceania, home of the giant beers.

My Type of Playstyle: sneaking up and wait till the moment is good. Then bola and infect folowed by a bleed attack and hit, hit, hit and he's dead.

str: 95
dex: 100
int: 35

1. poisoning (100)
2. hiding (100)
3. stealth (88.9)
4. swordmanship (115)
5. anatomy (100)
6. tactics (100)
7. healing (81)
8. tracking (20.1)

1. infectious strike
2. bleed attack
all with clever

+15 swordmanship

stats increase +5

Europa

My Dex: 120

1. hiding (80, min for stealth)
2. stealth (80, good level I think)
3. poisoning (80, costs about 10 mana to use poisoning)
4. fencing (100)
5. tactics (100)
6. anat (100)
7. healing (80)
8. chiv (60)
9. focus (40)

no scrolls, just no points to spare.

stats

This is an actual char I have on GL. I consider him more of a roleplay char than a pvp combat char. I put chiv on him because I thought the enhancement to his damage ability would be good (looking for that one hit kill/panic). But of course, the karma is proving impossible to keep up.

I've noticed that a few of the templates above did not have tactics on them. I'm a bit old school, so has something changed to where tactics is no longer a must have?

I've considered dropping healing and anatomy for say necro/SS and some focus (maybe med). But again, I'm having problems getting away from the old 'must have healing skill' thing. The other problem is the loss of the anat damage bonus, is this still an issue? My last possible issue with necro is the competition for mana. My main mana priority is for my special moves.

Actually, this char was built prior to aos and hasn't seen any use since then (I switched magery to chiv and focus). I'm kind of at a loss about what to do with him now.

Anyhow, this is what I have. Any suggestions?

My Type of Playstyle: Group Assassinations. Some one will dismount via bola, someone will poison, and then everyone just hits them with all they have.

My Str: 75

1. Poisoning(80)
2. SS(100)
3. Hiding(100)
4. Stealth(100)
5. Fencing(100)
6. Necromacy(90)
7. Tatics(100)
8. Meditaion(what ever is left 50 i think)

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is:I use a UBWS cleaver so Bleed and Infectious strike

Here is a list of the power scrolls I used and where I used them:NA

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this:Intell

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Lake Superior
Guild:Brotherhood of Blood (B0B)

My Type of Playstyle:

Fight anyone anywhere. Swoop in and try to block exits with energy fields, open with EXP/Deadly Poison and the rest is up to their response. I drink GDex/GStrength/Total Refresh before every field fight with a UOAssist push of a button.

goal in parenthesis

My Str: 110 (120)
My Dex: 35

1. 115 (120) Fencing
2. 85 (80) Poisoning
3. 106 Magery
4. 100 Meditation
5. 60 Focus
6. 110 (120) Eval
7. 69 (79) Magic Resist
8. 60 (50) Tactics

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Lethal Infection (opener), Armor Ignore (finisher)

With one Personal Bless Deed you only get one good weapon to keep on Siege. I have a clothing blessed Mana Regen 2 Hat 17% Fire (36% Total) and a
Personal Bless Deed on 35% Damage increase Spell Channeling no Penalty Kryss with 100% Physical damage.... Great against mages when you use armor ignore.

+15 stats - all to STR
115 Fencing all the way
110 Eval all the way
110 Magery to bring Magery to 106
110 Meditation tho I stay at 100
110 Tactics tho I stay at 60
105 Healing tho I stay at 0

Strength

Siege Perilous.

This is an Awesome character in duels, field PvP, and Assassination. If you don't think it's tough, ask my victims.

magery 85.0/85.0
anat 88.1/100.0
fencing 87.1/110.0 (bracelet to 97.1)
hiding 94.5/100.0
resist 85.0/100.0
stealth 105.7/115.0 (ring to 113.7)

(dropped stealing to 0.0 after i bought a disguise kit, use it every 30 to 45 minutes to change character name)

str 90
dex 124
int 11

after +25 stat scroll

str 114
dex 125
int 11

come see this character in progress on baja.

if you can find me.

My Type of Playstyle: More used for group killings, but fairly effective 1 on 1

My Str: 105
My Dex: 25
My Int: 125

1. 120 Fencing
2. 120 Necro
3. 120 Spirit Speak
4. 120 Med
5. 120 Stealth
6. GM Hiding
7. 20.1 Tracking

Bleed and Dismount

See above

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this: Stats

Chessy

Also, when in group battles, my friends and I use weapons with high Area Spell chance for the extra kick.. Usually stealth in and wither. One of us uses a Titan Hammer for Whir Wind (100% energy area on each hit), and I use a Task Master. I also prefer to wear an LRC suit.

My Type of Playstyle: Battle of Attrition: I assume that my mark will be carrying at least 20 cure potions. My goal is to poison them until they run out of means to cure. I wear leather or mage armor and use meditation to keep mana in constant supply for infecting strike. I carry at least 5 deadly poison potions ready to apply as needed in battle. Alchemy allows me to keep my potion supply up during an extended fight and adds suplemental damage through greater explosion potions. I use dismount and disarm to criple my mark's offensive capabilities.

My Str: 70

1. Fencing (120) - If you can't land the poison, take the ball and go home.
2. Poisoning (100) - Not necessarily my main means of damage, but this is what keeps marks on the defensive.
3. Meditation (100) - To keep my mana in constant supply for special moves
4. Healing (100) - For healing
5. Anatomy (100) - Also for healing
6. Alchemy (100) - Poison, stat buffs, heals, cures, stamina, and supplemental damage
7. Tactics (100) - Since I'm hitting them, I might as well do some damage.

Infecting strike for the poison. I use disarm and dismount to disable my mark.

+20 fencing, to be acquired

I didn't get one.

Look for Vaedin Fellheart of Siege Perilous (formerly of Sonoma, as well)

My Type of Playstyle: Run up with lance, hop off mount, dismount opponent, hop back on mount. Arm kryss and kill their mount, then poison poison poison your opponent. Finish with armor ignore. Using 3 or more artifacts usually, mana isn't a problem.

My Dex: 140(stam not dex)
My Int: 63
(these are with all the stat bonuses on my armor, plus I haven't got a stat scroll yet.)

1. Fencing(120) - Dismount. Interrupt. Administer poison. CRUCIAL.
2. Poisoning(80.1) - Mainly used to keep them from healing while I keep hitting.
3. Resisting Spells(training as high as i can) - Can't win if curse knocks you down to 75hp.
4. Healing(90) - Approximately 4 seconds to heal, ain't too bad
5. Anatomy(100) - Need it if you want to heal yourself.
6. Tactics(100) - Still not convinced it's worth 100 points.
7. Focus(80) - Enough mana regen to get by, and stamina regen is nice too.

Dismount - Get the upper hand early. Possibly more crucial than infect.
Infect - Always keep them poisoned. Always. Your goal is to never allow a greater heal.
Armor Ignore - Once dismounted and Lethal Poisoned.. a few Armor Ignores should finish em.

120 fencing (need to hit as much as you can)
120 resist (haven't got it yet but it's so important)

I think I made this char a bit too late. But I'd use it on dex if I had it.

Chesapeake... look for Alaryk Gray

Also a way to be revealed is to try and stealth walk while riding any mount. And please don't laff.......lol..........it took me 2 days to realize this.

I started stealth from 0 on like a tuesday, and was GM that friday........I didn't read any FAQ or ask anyone any questions about the skill, I simply set a macro on UOA and let it run. So I had no clue you couldn't ride while stealthing.

this all varies depending who im against and how they fight

My Type of Playstyle: offensively

My Dex: 50

1. hiding
2. stealth
3. fencing
4. poisoning
5. necromancy
6. spirit speak
7. meditation

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: ?? lol dont understand this one ^^
infect, infect, and infect again after theyve cured?

115 fencing
115 SS (120 soon)
110 necromancy (only using 105 for better chance to cast strangle)

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: sonoma

My Type of Playstyle:

Hide, Stealth, Infect!

My Str: 95
My Dex: 85

1. Poisoning
2. Hiding
3. Stealth
4. Fencing
5. Antonomy
6. Alchemy
7. Healing

Hm.. prolly Infectious Strike

None.. I'm a new player

What is this? Never get one /php-bin/shared/images/icons/frown.gif

Legends

PS : Please comment on my template and PM with with ANY comments.. be it good or bad. I'm new and still indecisive

My Type of Playstyle: In your face.

My Str: 115
My Dex: 10
My Int: 125

1. magery 110 (120)
2. eval 120 (120)
3. poisoning 70 (100)
4. resist 90 (120)
5. swords 100 (120)
6. meditation 110 (120)

Mortal strike and infectious.

110 magery, 110 med, 110 resist, 110 swords, 120 eval, 120 necro (dropped), 110 spirit speak (dropped).

Stats.

Legends.

My Type of Playstyle: Get in and out ... stealth up, mana dump/special moves, then if that didnt do the trick, invis, stealth away a bit, and wait for regen to do its stuff... repeat as needed ^^

My Str: 95
My Dex: 30
My Int: 120

My Skills Set and skill level in order of importance, 1 being most important to an Assassin in my opinion. (mine anyway...)

1. Eval Int 110/110
2. Magery 110/110
3. Hiding 98.5/100
4. Stealth 76.2/80
5. Meditation 108.3/110
6. Fencing 105.1/120
7. Poisoning 64.1/90

Disarm for those pesky dexxers and mages relying on weapon fcr (legacy, staffs, etc) ... infecious strike just before bandaid/heal kicks in ... bleed for more damage ticks/interrupted spells ... will use shadow strike more when I dont have to change jewelary to use (just a few more points!)

110 Magery, 110 Eval Int, 110 Meditation, 115 Fencing (still shopping for 120...) ... not too terribly pricey, and a fun template so far!

My Type of Playstyle: Pol says, "Did you just bump into me!?" Blue says, "Sorry dude, I swear I didn't mean to" Pol says, "Well you should of thought of not meaning to sooner!*Unsheaths Dagger, Dips in Poison, Kills Blue*. Next time be more careful...

My Int: 25

1. Fencing (100)
2. Tactics (100)
3. Poisoning (100)
4. Parrying (100)
5. Healing (100)
6. Anatomy (100)
7. Resisting Spells (100)

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Pacific

My Type of Playstyle:

Fight anyone anywhere. Swoop in and try to block exits with energy fields, open with EXP/Deadly Poison and the rest is up to their response. I drink GDex/GStrength/Total Refresh before every field fight with a UOAssist push of a button.

goal in parenthesis

My Dex: 40
My Int: 110

1. 120 Fencing
2. 80 Poisoning
3. 106 Magery
4. 100 Meditation
5. 60 Focus
6. 115 Eval
7. 69 Magic Resist
8. 60 Tactics

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Lethal Infection (opener), Armor Ignore (finisher)

With one Personal Bless Deed you only get one good weapon to keep on Siege. I have a clothing blessed Mana Regen 2 Hat 17% Fire (36% Total) and a
Personal Bless Deed on 35% Damage increase Spell Channeling no Penalty Kryss with 100% Physical damage.... Great against mages when you use armor ignore.

+15 stats - all to STR
120 Fencing all the way
110 Eval all the way
110 Magery to bring Magery to 106
110 Meditation tho I stay at 100
110 Tactics tho I stay at 60
105 Healing tho I stay at 0

Strength

Siege Perilous.

This is an Awesome character in duels, field PvP, and Assassination. If you don't think it's tough, ask my victims.

My Type of Playstyle:

My Str: 125
My Dex: 50

1. Hiding
2. Stealth
3. Ninjitsu
4. Swordsmanship
5. Parrying
6. Tactics
7. Focus

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Mortal Strike

N/A

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Great Lakes

My template is-

GM Poisoning
110Fencing
GM Tactics
GM Anatomy
GM Spirit Speak
GM Necromancy
110 Magic Resist

Str- 95
Int- 50
Dex- 105

I'm elf as well.

Tactics is to mana dump, then attack, and have armour with good mana regen.

I play it like a true assassin, track them for a while, pop out of stealth, poison/deathstrike, maybe dismount...

Stats are secret! Shh...

1.fencing
2.hiding
3.stealth
4.ninjitsu
5.tracking
6.poisoning
7. meditation

A

assassin_pwns

Publish 25 introduced the requirement of poisoning skill to inflict the poisons, even after being applied to a blade. Here's the details:

"With Poisoning skill 0.0 - 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 (with a chance of level 2)
With Poisoning skill 20.0 - 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (with a chance of level 3)
With Poisoning skill 40.0 - 59.9 you can inflict level 3 (with a chance of level 4)
With Poisoning skill 60.0 - 100.0 you can inflict level 4 (with a chance of level 5)"

might like to adjust the distance your stealth skill will let you stealth, as it has doubled, also adding that you can run while stealthing, but this will use double movement points

if you are running you will not check for stealthing at your max distance, but will reveal yourself. so to 'auto stealth' you will need to slow to a walk before you hit your maximum

My Type of Playstyle:
Sneaking in, bola, infect, run after him and give him bleed, loot, res, a *smiles* on the lips with a fare thee well on the tongue and off for next one or off for Chaos Shrine

My Str: 102

1. Poisoning 100
2. Hiding 100
3. Stealth 100
4. Swordsmanship 100
5. Healing 85.4
6. Anatomy 86.3
7. Tactics 98.6

Infect
Bleed

No Scroll beside a +10 stat scroll

+5 stats

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Siege Perilous

Since I don't have magic resist, this build is almost pure offense. I'll usually try to open with a blood oath or mind rot, depending if I'm going against a mage or a dexxer, infect when the time seems right and if I need be, finish with a painspike.

My stats: +25 stat scroll and the +5 reward (AoS?)
Str: 95
Dex: 125
Int: 35

My Skills Set

1. 120 Fencing
2. 120 Spirit Speak
3. 100 Anatomy
4. 100 Tactics
5. 100 Healing
6. 100 Poisoning
7. 70 Necromancy (Jewelry set to go vamp.)

Never got a chance to add mine.. here ya go.

My Type of Playstyle: Classic killer for hire. I'll also stealth/eavesdrop/scout for a fee as well.

My Str: 50
My Int: 70

1. Hiding 100
2. Stealth 100 (dropping to 85)
3. Poisoning 100
4. Ninja 110
5. Fencing 115
6. Focus 60
7. Meditation 50
8. Magery 80

The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Infectious Strike, Mortal Strike or Double Strike, Bleed

Ate a few I didn't need.. currently just +15 Fencing and +20 Stealth and +15 Ninja..

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: Siege Perilous (I don't like being limited to a Facet for my job)

My Type of Playstyle: Wait. (Usually until I know they have a quest window or bag/corpse open, something like that)

My Str: 70
My Dex: 124
My Int: 34

1. Hiding 100
2. Stealthing 100
3. Fencing 100
4. Tactics 100
5. Anatomy 100
6. Stealing 115
7. Snooping 90
8. Magery 10

Infectious Attack

Stealing 115

dex

Cats

My Type of Playstyle:
run up to them strate up and go hog wild with dp

My Dex: 110
My Int: 60

1. fence (legendary)
2. tactics (GM)
3. Poisoning (GM)
4. Spirit Speak (GM)
5. Necromancy (GM)
6. Resist (legendary)
7. meditation (GM)

i dont use any new move(s)

+25 stats
+20 fence
+20 resist

And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this: stats?

For a taste of my Template please visit this shard: great lakes

Would this template work:

Elf ... 125 str, 10 dex, 115 int

715 Skill Cap ... hit 4years in 2 months
120 Eval Int
115 Magery
115 Resist
110 Spirit Speak
105 Necromancy
85 Poisoning (currently low 40s)
65 Meditation (will be 70 when account hits 4 years)

Equipping and siege blessing a Swords of Prosperity for defensive. 1/6 jewelry = 2/6 with SoP. Exceptional armor crafted by a tailor (don't have insurance on Siege) ... maybe sustitute with mana regen armor pieces.

Would this work for ... pvm, pvp, champ spawn, peerless, and/or assassinations?

frist an Assassin is when u get payed too kill so u dont need to be a stealther its realy aboout kill your apoent fast befor they cast a spell all u need is a good
wepon so u dont have to be a stealther to be an Assassin

tmep1:

fencing
poisen
antomy
healing
ninja
resist

temp2

archer
healing
magicresist
antomy
tactics
ninja is the 100

The FaQ needs to be updated. Ever since they did away with 8x8 and messed with the RNG you no longer need new target ids to gain.

You can weaken yourself to 120
You can poison one fishsteak/dagger to 100(I've just poisoned one dagger to 80 from 50 in about 5h at blackrocks)

I completed the testing I was trying to do for the different poisons. Mainly for damage amounts and tick rates. The testing wasn't totally scientific. I hit a person with the different levels of poison 10 times and noted the ranges of damage.

Continue to the end of the post as there is some interesting results.

<font color="green">Lesser Poison - Lvl 1</font>
[*]4 damage every 2 seconds
[*]Victim Sees - You feel a bit nauseous
[*]Attacker Sees - "Char Name" Looks Ill
[*]Didn't check Duration

<font color="green">Poison - Lvl 2</font>
[*]9-11 damage every 3 seconds
[*]Victim sees - You feel disoriented and nauseous
[*]Others see - "Char Name" looks extremely ill
[*]Duration 40 - 45 seconds

<font color="green">Greater Poison - Lvl 3</font>
[*]14 - 20 damage every 4 seconds
[*]Victim sees - You begin to feel pain through out your body
[*]Others see - "Char Name" stumbles around in pain and confusion
[*]45 - 60 duration

<font color="green">Deadly - Lvl 4</font>
[*]25 - 33 damage every 5 seconds
[*]Victim Sees - You feel extremly weak and are in severe pain
[*]Others see - "Char Name" is wracked with extreme pain
[*]Duration 70 - 75 seconds

<font color="green">Lethal - Lvl 5</font>
[*]35 - 50 damage every 5 seconds
[*]Victim sees - Your are in extreme pain, and require immediate aid
[*]Others see - "Char Name" begins to spasm uncontrollably
[*]Duration 70 - 85 seconds

<font color="brown">Darkglow - Lvl 3</font>
[*]14 - 20 damage every 4 seconds
[*]Victim sees - You begin to feel pain through out your body
[*]Others see - "Char Name" stumbles around in pain and confusion
[*]45 - 60 duration
[*]Damage did increase, but only by 1 HP. Had to be more than one tile away
[*]Did not matter if the poisoner or victim moved the required distance for extra damage.

<font color="blue">Parasitic - Lvl 4</font>
[*]25 - 33 damage every 5 seconds
[*]Victim Sees - You feel extremly weak and are in severe pain
[*]Others see - "Char Name" is wracked with extreme pain
[*]Duration 70 - 75 seconds
[*]Massive amounts of healing poisoner, if you stay within one tile
[*]Healing takes place every tick and continues till victim cures

Observation Notes From Testing
[*]Victim gets to see lvl bump on thier screen with message - This poison seems extra potent
[*]Damage to victim is as stated vs. thier posion resist. For example: 35 damage vs 70 resist = 10 damage per tick
[*]The strength of the poison fades after a few ticks, dealing less damage per tick.
[*]Darts work from 1-4 tiles
[*]Shurikens work from 3 - 9 tiles
[*]Darkglow &amp; Parasitic bump like regular poisons when using infectious strike
[*]Since Parasitic bumps to lethal (if you have the skill), it might be my new best friend.

If anyone notices any differences, please PM me and I will correct as necessary.
Q

---Post Moved to The Pub Changes Thread---

In this sticky, I'm going to try and keep an ongoing record of publication changes that affect the Assassin community. The purpose of the thread is two fold:
- To provide a ready source of the ongoing changes.
- To help ensure these changes don't get lost or go into the archives.

Q

You can now gain poisoning skill by using infectious strike.

Thinking about this one for Siege:

100 Hiding
80 Stealth
120 Ninjitsu
120 Fencing
80 Poisoning
120 Spirit Speak
60 Necromancy
80 Meditation

No arties. Rather bless a nice weapon. LP + Death Strikes and try to get them by surprise. Necromancy strictly for Pain Spikes.

Thanx for the Reminder Chad.....

That question always seems to come up here in the assassins forum too.

I think the best way to keep the information around for others to see is to sticky the thread.

Thanx again,
Q

I must be missing something, or maybe I'm too pessimistic.. exactly how is your argument correct?

So it's not 200.0... But it's 190.0? You'll always want to be doing Deadly in PvP and pot-chugging will still cramp your style.
Plus 120.0 is a must in PVP for melee skills.
Let me explain something as best as I can with my English.

First the argument about how you can get +%Skill instead of 'whining' how cramped warrior templates get to be effective;

So every class can use them and we're discussing real-skill template overload. Yet Mages also have books with +%Magery and they sacrifice nothing to wield it. You can Wrestle with a book. A warrior's items define his tactic.
None of a warrior's +%Skill items can be "held" while you're also holding your favourite weapon. I hope what I'm saying is clear. For example it would be fair if a warrior could also have a secondary weapon sheathed and benefit from its bonuses without the need to forsake their normal weapon. Just like books and Wrestling works.
- IDEA : Think about this Class Restriction; Books are for Mages, Sheath or Sheathed Weapons are for Warriors, Quivers are for Archers. Don't start with the Quiver Vs. Cloak +3 PHR argument, an extra 3 PHR is too easy to find!

Now back to the point;

I don't believe you can really compare the amount of skills Vs. their results on a Mage and on an Assassin or any other warrior-oriented class.
When you're talking 3 skills or more, a Mage gets way much more from the same amount of skill points a Warrior would spend. Plus range.
And who's using less than 3 skills? Even if we bring Archers to the argument you can't really Disarm a Mage, can you? But they can Disarm you, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Magery = Ranged Poison, Heal, Cure, Bless, Damage, Hiding, Revealing, AOE, Travelling and Paralysing to name the important ones. Starting with this, how do you even TRY to compare Poisoning's results among the two classes? It's just impossible to argue over this. Different end results.

And if you would allow a bit of ranting about Poisoning;

But I'm not really into re-kindling Warrior Vs. Mage, it's a lost cause. It will never change. Warriors can't even slow down their enemy, can't dual-wield, can't fight back Disarm spams even from other warriors. I am not blaming Mages, although I repeat, Mages are not badly affected by Disarm except Warrior/Mages which have the EXACT SAME DEFENSIVE MEASURES AS A WARRIOR. And then NOBODY can fight back Dismount. You can only stack on DCI, Evasion, Parry and pray to the RNGod. And not everyone wants to be a Sammy or always have max DCI, nor spend skills on Parry for that matter.

EA won't take the hint that UO needs Timers on Spells and Specials. Maybe even a new resource for warrior classes to invest in instead of Mana.
Let me say that right now even if you only invested 20.0 on Poisoning it'd still be worthless with Potions that still are way too effective. Sure Poisoning owns if your enemies in PvP have no potions but who's not carrying a truck-load lately? And it's useless in PvM.
And to top that off, please count for me how many ways there are to defend against Poisoning? Yeah, way too many and from those some are item-based!!

Finally no argument I've seen on any board about UO's PvP has convinced me it's all fair and square among Archers, Mages and Warriors(and those core templates' offsprings). It's not even as fair as A&gt;B&gt;C.

Didn't mean to bash, if it sounded like I was. And please anyone who won't read through all of what I said don't bother replying.

<blockquote><hr>

I must be missing something, or maybe I'm too pessimistic.. exactly how is your argument correct?

So it's not 200.0... But it's 190.0? You'll always want to be doing Deadly in PvP and pot-chugging will still cramp your style.
Plus 120.0 is a must in PVP for melee skills.
Let me explain something as best as I can with my English.

First the argument about how you can get +%Skill instead of 'whining' how cramped warrior templates get to be effective;

So every class can use them and we're discussing real-skill template overload. Yet Mages also have books with +%Magery and they sacrifice nothing to wield it. You can Wrestle with a book. A warrior's items define his tactic.
None of a warrior's +%Skill items can be "held" while you're also holding your favourite weapon. I hope what I'm saying is clear. For example it would be fair if a warrior could also have a secondary weapon sheathed and benefit from its bonuses without the need to forsake their normal weapon. Just like books and Wrestling works.
- IDEA : Think about this Class Restriction; Books are for Mages, Sheath or Sheathed Weapons are for Warriors, Quivers are for Archers. Don't start with the Quiver Vs. Cloak +3 PHR argument, an extra 3 PHR is too easy to find!

Now back to the point;

I don't believe you can really compare the amount of skills Vs. their results on a Mage and on an Assassin or any other warrior-oriented class.
When you're talking 3 skills or more, a Mage gets way much more from the same amount of skill points a Warrior would spend. Plus range.
And who's using less than 3 skills? Even if we bring Archers to the argument you can't really Disarm a Mage, can you? But they can Disarm you, and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Magery = Ranged Poison, Heal, Cure, Bless, Damage, Hiding, Revealing, AOE, Travelling and Paralysing to name the important ones. Starting with this, how do you even TRY to compare Poisoning's results among the two classes? It's just impossible to argue over this. Different end results.

And if you would allow a bit of ranting about Poisoning;

But I'm not really into re-kindling Warrior Vs. Mage, it's a lost cause. It will never change. Warriors can't even slow down their enemy, can't dual-wield, can't fight back Disarm spams even from other warriors. I am not blaming Mages, although I repeat, Mages are not badly affected by Disarm except Warrior/Mages which have the EXACT SAME DEFENSIVE MEASURES AS A WARRIOR. And then NOBODY can fight back Dismount. You can only stack on DCI, Evasion, Parry and pray to the RNGod. And not everyone wants to be a Sammy or always have max DCI, nor spend skills on Parry for that matter.

EA won't take the hint that UO needs Timers on Spells and Specials. Maybe even a new resource for warrior classes to invest in instead of Mana.
Let me say that right now even if you only invested 20.0 on Poisoning it'd still be worthless with Potions that still are way too effective. Sure Poisoning owns if your enemies in PvP have no potions but who's not carrying a truck-load lately? And it's useless in PvM.
And to top that off, please count for me how many ways there are to defend against Poisoning? Yeah, way too many and from those some are item-based!!

Finally no argument I've seen on any board about UO's PvP has convinced me it's all fair and square among Archers, Mages and Warriors(and those core templates' offsprings). It's not even as fair as A&gt;B&gt;C.

Didn't mean to bash, if it sounded like I was. And please anyone who won't read through all of what I said don't bother replying.

[/ QUOTE ]

My argument? This is not an argumentative post. It's an informational one.

The post wasn't directed at templates or mages vs. warriors or anything like that.

The post was to show screenshots &amp; proof that a total of 200.0 points in both weapon skill and poisoning does not equal lethal poison (as many others believe).

It's not 200.0. It's not 190.0. Lethal poison does not depend at all on the combination of weapon skill &amp; poisoning (like magery does). The level of poison you deal is completely dependent on your Poisoning skill.

Everyone else can debate what is the best point distribution for warriors, assassins and every other class. Everyone else can debate if the amount of points needed for mages is no equal for the amount of points needed for assassins.

You can do that in this thread if you want, but it's not the point of the thread.

You are way off-topic.

Aha! Yeah now I see what you're saying!

Sorry!

I don't believe in pvp a lethal poison strike is gonna happen 100% of the time if someone has 100 poisoning. I've used GM poisoning some time ago and the number of times i've seen the spasm uncontrollably message was significantly lower than 100%.

I've played nox templates on mages and dexxers with nox at different levels - 80, 90, 100 for some time now and from my experience chad is correct. Initially I too confused the 200 point mage/nox calculation with wep skill/nox but some time ago it was explained to me and it all made sense.
At gm poison I've never failed at lethal...

&lt;br&gt;My Type of Playstyle: Stealth until they are far enough from guard zone, dismount, infectious, death strike, and AI spam. I wear a 100 RPD suit, maxed HCI. Minimum of +8 stat inc for each peice of armor. Use the orny and a 1/3 and a FC 1 sheild to 4/6 chiv heal through the mage dumps. If you get ganked, wolf form and run between two houses that have a 1 tile alley and summon a mirror image so you cant be followed. Once you get enough range, hide, stealth back, rinse and repeat.
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;My Str:90 (Actually its 70, but spirit of the totem gets me to 90)
&lt;br&gt;My Dex: 80 (I use a 20 SSI, 40 DI, 46 HLD, 46 hit lightning Kryss)
&lt;br&gt;My Int: 110 (have to have good gear to get the mana)
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;My Skills Set and skill level in order of importance, 1 being most important to an Assassin in my opinion.
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;1. 115 Fence
&lt;br&gt;2. 115 Ninja
&lt;br&gt;3. 100 Hiding
&lt;br&gt;4. 100 Resist
&lt;br&gt;5. 80 Poisoning
&lt;br&gt;6. 80 Stealth
&lt;br&gt;7. 70 Tactics
&lt;br&gt;8. 50 Chivalry
&lt;br&gt;9.
&lt;br&gt;10.
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;The new Special Move(s) that most relate to my assassin and how I use them is: Listed above.
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;Here is a list of the power scrolls I used and where I used them:
&lt;br&gt; 115 Fencing
&lt;br&gt; 115 Ninja
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;And once the AoS gift is given I'll use the +5 on this: +5 is given, used it for mana. You need LOTS of mana as the base damage with 70 tacts is low.
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt;For a taste of my Template please visit this shard:
&lt;br&gt;
&lt;br&gt; Come get assasinated by me on Great Lakes. I stealth spawns and I'm at the pvp hot spot of Yew Gate. You can also see Malador whine about my template on the great lakes boards. He actually posted a screen shot of his domination.

actually you are arguing if it is myth or not. :p

LP DS FTW!

Great compilation thank you :thumbup:

Heard an opinion that Humans would have an approximate 8% bonus on bow weapon crafting - any insight into that notion?

ok this is made for my own perssonal playstyle called "Full Assault Assassin"

105-tactics
100-fencing
100-anatomy
100-healing
100-poison
100-resist spells
75-focus
20-parrying

Stats
90-strength
100-dexterity
60-intelligence

Special moves/my combo style, works on tank/mages pure mages. paladins and armsman.

Weapon Used- Kryss perferably stats with ssi,di, And high Mana Leech

Preferred armor setup for this template- I prefer u use a leather outfit with all LMC pieces, and pieces that add to MANA u will soon find out why i reccomend this type of armor.

Step 1) Move in towards opponent and use infectious strike
Step 2) Then spam armor ignore on target.
Conclusion- usually in most cases i only use infectious strike once and can use armor ignore 5-6 times, very rarely will u not kill ur opponent.

This is also a good way to take out pure mages

Step 1) Run Towards foe use infectious Strike
Step 2) Then use Double Strike
Step 3) one more infectious Strike
Conclusion- u smile while staring at a dead body

Scrolls used for this template
Tactics +5
Stat Scroll +25

This template i have only found 1 weakness. this template i find is almost unbeatable by mages and or tank/mages. I was testing this template on test for 6 monthes, i even manged to kill hackers with this template.But anywayz hope u guys can give me some feedback on this unseen template and tell me what u think.

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I think the passive reveal formula is:

Detect Hidden / (Hiding + Stealth*if stealthing*) = Passive Reveal %

So:

25 / (100+120) = 11.3% (aprox 1 in 10)
50 / (100/120) = 22.7%
100 / (100/120) = 45.5%

If anybody has results they would like to share to either support or refute this, please post a new thread on the forum. If enough people consider this reasonably accurate, the next time the FAQ is updated, we will add this in.

Thank you.

Single-Bomb

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=Single Bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D0F26F685
0EDSZ=5
0CK=32
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D902194EE0090203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=130
1RX=64198
1RY=64477
2MT=4
2DV=3200
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=8
3ED=0D0F26F685
3EDSZ=5
3CK=32
3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=17
4ED=D902194EE0090209908E2C16E24421010AFB45
4EDSZ=19
4CK=413
4RX=3
4RY=999
5MT=4
5DV=500
5RX=999
5RY=999

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Double-Bomb:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=Double Bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D03C784ED
0EDSZ=5
0CK=45
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D90211C7FE4F0203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=236
1RX=64340
1RY=61930
2MT=4
2DV=1200
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=3
3ED=0D07CC40C8
3EDSZ=5
3CK=242
3BD=417789C8417789CC4177893541778929
3BDSZ=16
3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=1
4ED=D90211C7FE4F0203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
4EDSZ=19
4CK=236
4RX=64340
4RY=61930
5MT=4
5DV=1700
5RX=999
5RY=999
6MT=8
6ED=0D03C7744E
6EDSZ=5
6CK=63
6WE=3343
6RX=999
6RY=999
7MT=17
7ED=D90211C7FE4F0211C7FE4F024904E901027B30
7EDSZ=19
7CK=630
7DWE=134217728
7RX=64414
7RY=62034
8MT=4
8DV=1000
8RX=999
8RY=999
9MT=3
9ED=0D07CC40C8
9EDSZ=5
9CK=242
9BD=417789C8417789CC4177893541778929
9BDSZ=16
9WE=3343
9RX=999
9RY=999
10MT=17
10ED=D90211C7FE4F0211C7FE4F024904E901027B30
10EDSZ=19
10CK=630
10DWE=134217728
10RX=64414
10RY=999
11MT=4
11DV=500
11RX=999
11RY=999

Triple-Bomb:

[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=3 bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D0739792F
0EDSZ=5
0CK=182
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=353
1RX=64196
1RY=64480
2MT=4
2DV=850
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=3
3ED=0D07E56071
3EDSZ=5
3CK=12
3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=1
4ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
4EDSZ=19
4CK=353
4RX=64196
4RY=64480
5MT=4
5DV=850
5RX=999
5RY=999
6MT=3
6ED=0D07E56014
6EDSZ=5
6CK=-15
6WE=3343
6RX=999
6RY=999
7MT=1
7ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
7EDSZ=19
7CK=353
7RX=64196
7RY=64480
8MT=4
8DV=850
8RX=999
8RY=999
9MT=8
9ED=0D073979EC
9EDSZ=5
9CK=180
9WE=3343
9RX=999
9RY=999
10MT=17
10ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
10EDSZ=19
10CK=353
10RX=64196
10RY=64480
11MT=4
11DV=850
11RX=999
11RY=999
12MT=3
12ED=0D07E56071
12EDSZ=5
12CK=12
12WE=3343
12RX=999
12RY=999
13MT=17
13ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
13EDSZ=19
13CK=353
13RX=64196
13RY=64480
14MT=4
14DV=850
14RX=999
14RY=999
15MT=3
15ED=0D07E56014
15EDSZ=5
15CK=-15
15WE=3343
15RX=999
15RY=999
16MT=17
16ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
16EDSZ=19
16CK=353
16RX=64196
16RY=999
17MT=4
17DV=500
17RX=999
17RY=999

All the above, again, from evilmoocowgod

Now, this isn't your typical step-by-step instructions. What this is, is the raw macro file that you will copy and paste into your UOA character folder.

Go into your UOA directory (for most it should look like the one that follows):
C:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\[account name]\[shard]\[character name]\UOA-Macro16.cfg

Now just copy and paste the entire "quoted" part of the macro you want, into this file and save it. It doesn't matter which file it goes in (so long as it says "UOA-Macro##.cfg"), but the number determines what macro slot it'll go into. In case you've never opened up .cfg files before, just use Notepad when Windows prompts you to set a program to deal with those files. Once you do this, proceed onto these instructions to finalize the macro:

Setting up the 3 bomb:
You'll need explosion potions, of course, and 2 bags/containers..
Distribute the bombs evenly between your main pack, bag 1, and bag 2...
In Bag 1 is the brown bag in the bottom center of my main pack and bag 2 is the bag next to it..

Next, go into your UOA macros and go to the 3 bomb macro...
Click on the 4th line of the macro and hit "Load Item Bag"
and dbl-click/open Bag 1..

Now on the 7th line, you'll need to load bag 2...
Then on the 13th line, load bag 1 again..
And last, on the 16th line, load bag 2 again...

And thats it for the 3 bomb.. You may have to adjust some of the pauses in the macro, but thats about it..
The 2 bomb is roughly the same, 'cept you only need one bag instead of 2 and you'll load that bag on lines 4 and 10...

Just a suggestion, to fine tune the macro I suggest using NPC-bought potions. Cheaper and SAFER! ;p

Enjoy!

1. Figure out Weapon Base speed in ticks. Take whatever speed in seconds your weapon says on the tooltip and multiply that number by 4. If you are barehanded, you swing at the fastest weapon rate (10 ticks = 2.5 seconds). Example: The Halberd (4.25 second base speed) has a base speed of 17 ticks.
2. Figure out Stamina Ticks (Current Stamina / 30). Example: Current Stamina = 50. So Stamina Ticks rounded down = 1.
3. Figure out Swing Speed Increase modifier from equipment. Example: 20.

Here is the formula:
a. Hit Start = ((Base Weapon Speed - Stamina Ticks) * (100.0 / (100 + Swing Speed Increase)))
ex. Hit Start = ((17 - 1) * (100.0 / (100 + 20)))
c. Make sure minimum swing time is never less than 5 ticks (1.25 seconds).
ex. The calculated Halberd Hit Start speed = 13 ticks (3.25 seconds)

Athene_PAC posted this in Uhall after the pub 40 changes. That post has disappeared somewhere. I copied his images. So many thanks to her and the work she put in to determin how swing speed and stamina interact since publish 40.

Q

From Wilki's Post - 10/17/2006 - Devs Corner

Tageted Detect Hidden has been changed as follows:

[*]The targeted detect hidden chance has been slightly reduced against hidden players and creatures.

[*]The targeted detect hidden range penalty has been slightly reduced (less of a drop in the chance to detect a hidden mobile as you get further from the tile you targeted with detect hidden)

[*]Players without the hiding skill using the invisibility spell now has some chance to resist targeted detect hidden.

[*]Monsters using targeted detect hidden have less of a chance to detect hidden players if the monster has less than 100 detect hidden skill. At 100 detect hidden skill the chance remains the same.

Monster passive detect has been changed as follows:

[*]The base monster passive detect chance has been reduced.

[*]If a monster's detect hidden skill is greater than zero, it now has a minimum 2% chance to detect players.

[*]Players always have at least a 5% chance to remain hidden from a monster.

Player passive detect vs. stealthed players has been changed as follows:

[*]The base player passive detect chance has been significantly reduced.

[*]The passive detect range is now a 4 tile radius from the player.

[*]The range penalty on the chance to passively detect a stealthed player now drops exponentially as range increases. This means that the chance to passively detect another player is much higher if the players are 1 tile apart vs. 4 tiles apart.

[*]Players who have both the <u>stealing and stealth skills at 100 or higher skill have a higher chance to remain hidden at a distance of 1 tile</u> from another player.

Dexterity penalty to parry if dex is less than 80 has been restored to its Publish 25 value.

Evasion modifier to parry now scales with Bushido skill

[*]If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and at least GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a bonus to their evasion modifier (10% bonus to the evasion modifier to parry NOT 10% to the final parry chance)

[*]Bonus modifier to parry range: (these are the ranges for the evasion modifier)
<ul>[*]16-40% bonus w/o tactics/anatomy
[*]42-50% bonus w/ GM+ bushido and GM tactics/anatomy[/list]

Evasion duration now scales with Bushido skill

[*]If the player has higher than GM Bushido, and GM Tactics and Anatomy, they get a 1 second bonus

[*]Evasion duration range:
<ul>[*]3-6 seconds w/o tactics/anatomy
[*]6-7 seconds w/ GM+ Bushido and GM tactics/anatomy[/list]

----------------------
Some Testing from hijii - 10/18/2006 - In resposne to Wilki's Post

Passive Reveal Against an Elf with 0 detect hidden, the Elf had a 30% chance to reveal!!!

it seems as though the 4 tile radius looks like this

***000***
**00000**
*0000000*
0000X0000
*0000000*
**00000**
***000***

where 0 is where the check is done and X is the player

-------------------------------
From Ando 10/26/2006 - Same Thread

Hey everyone. Thanks for all the feedback on Stealth. It sounds like many players feel that passive reveal and reveal from area effect spells may still need some more attention. Unfortunately I don't think we have any time left to make any more large modificaitons to Stealth in Pub43, unless a bug is discovered with the current changes.

--------------
Seeems to me the passive detect needs to be lowered a bit for elves.
Q

Thought I would post some data from 5 for friday and some of the data I crunched. With this Data you can find out how much damage a weapons crushing blow will do on your template and help you select a good weapon.

Base Crushing Base Weapons

13-15 19 - 22 Sheperd's Crook, smith Hammer, sledge hammer
14-15 21 - 22 Broadsword
14-16 21 - 24 Axe*, Maul
14-17 21 - 25 Scepter, diamond mace
15-17 22 - 25 Viking Sword
16-17 24 - 25 War mace
16-18 24 - 27 No Dachi
18-20 27 - 30 Ornate Axe*

FORMULAS:
Tactics Damage Bonus% = Tactics ÷ 1.6 (Add 6.25% if Tactics &gt;= 100)
Anatomy Damage Bonus% = (Anatomy ÷ 2) + 5
Lumberjack Damage Bonus% = Lumberjack ÷ 5 (Add 10% if Lumberjacking &gt;= 100)
Strength Damage Bonus% = Strength * 0.3 (Add 5% if Strength &gt;= 100)
Final Damage Bonus% = Tactics Bonus + Anatomy Bonus + Lumber Bonus + Strength Bonus + Damage Increase Items*
Final Damage = Base Damage + (Base Damage * Final Damage Bonus%)

* Damage Increase is capped at 100%.

Damage distribution - Weapon damage is always 100% and split into the 5 resists depending on the weapon. Damage is then reduced by the armor percentages added together giving you the actual damage.

Here is a quick list of caps from FoF - 27 Mar 2007

What is the cap for [x] item property?"
Here are caps for the properties that have them:

Resists: 70 in each
Lower Ammo Cost Max: 50%
Hit Chance Increase 45%
Defense Chance Increase 45%
Swing Speed Increase 60%
Lower Mana Cost 40%
Damage Increase 100%
Luck 10,000 (this is theoretical - it's not actually reachable with currently available items)
Mana Regeneration 18
Hp Regeneration 18
Stamina Regeneration 24

If your looking for more information on definitions and caps you can check out the Item Properties - Definiton Page

Q

Let me start the new FAQ off by restating some obvious things and clearing up one what seems to be a point of confusion.

There are 5 Levels of Poison:
Level 1 - Lesser Poison
Level 2 - Poison
Level 3 - Greater Poison
Level 4 - Deadly Poison
Level 5 - Lethal Poison

There are two main types of poisoners:
- Mages, use the poison spell and poison field spell.
- Warriors, that use poison potions applied to blade.

Mages - operate on the formula - ((Magery + Poisoning) / 2)
- After calculating your result, the level of poison you can expect is listed below:
-- < 65.1 : Level 1 poison
-- 65.1 to 85 : Level 2 poison
-- 85.1 to 99.9 : Level 3 poison
-- 100 and higher : Level 4 poisoning

- Casting the poison spell, you need to be within 1 tile of your target to get the proper level of poison.
- Casting poison fields, will always result in the proper level of poison.

More Information on this topic found at -> Magic - Spell Descriptions

Warriors - operate on a completely different criteria.
It is totally dependent on their poisoning skill and using the special move Infectious Strike. (Tactics is not required for this special move)

- The Poisoning skill will give a (Poisoning Skill)% chance to increase the level of poison delivered by 1.
- The blade must have poison applied to it.
- The power of the poison depends on the type of poison used and your poisoning skill.
With Poisoning skill 0.0 - 19.9 you can inflict Level 1 (% chance of level 2)
With Poisoning skill 20.0 - 39.9 you can inflict level 2 (% chance of level 3)
With Poisoning skill 40.0 - 59.9 you can inflict level 3 (% chance of level 4)
With Poisoning skill 60.0 - 100.0 you can inflict level 4 (% chance of level 5)

Example:
- 75 poison skill, deadly poison applied to blade
- You will inflict level 4 poison, but will have a 75% chance that it will bump to Level 5 Poison.

Note: Poison level increases can only be achieved with Infectious Strike
- Tinkerers, with poisoning skill, do not see a level increase when a victim opens a poison trap box.
- Eating poisoned food, does not increase the level of poison applied to it.
- Mages can never cast Level 5 Poison or Poison Fields

More can be found out by going to -> Weapons - Special Moves

-------- The Myth --------​
There has been ongoing confusion about the formula for poisoning with magery vs weapons.

- The confusion is that some folks think -> ((Weapon Skill + Poison Skill) / 2) determines poison level.

- In other words ((110 Swords + 90 Poison) / 2) = 100 = 100% chance for Level 5.

Let me clear this up......
The Formula

((Magery + Poison Skill) / 2)

Only Applies to Mages
.​

Let me Repeat that:
-- The Formula Only Applies to Mages
-- There Is No Formula Concerning Weapon Skill For Poisoning
-- Poison Applied & Poisoning Skill Determine the Level of Poison A Victim Sees When Using Infectious Strike

If you don't believe me, Check out Chad Sexington's Study

------ End of Myth Discussion ------​

Note:
If you find errors, or think something needs to be added send me PM. I'll check them out and add them to the FAQ as required.

Thanx,
Q

This study was originally done in April 2006. It was done as an update to the original study because Publish 39 changed a few things in poisoning. The last poisoner I completed was Feb 2008. I now have 8 of them. The skill gains here are approximate, but have shown to be a fairly reliable guide for expected gains and when to switch poison types.

Also, you can also gain poisoning by using the special move infectious strike.
The study below reflects the traditional way of gaining poisoning.

The Study:
The original intent of the study was to look at the costs and time involved to determine the best method for getting to GM Poisoning.

Methodology:
- Char had starting skill points of 502 to reduce the effect of GGS
-- GGS expected: DP method was 0.6 / GP method 0.7

- Started from bought skill of 23.4

- Char GM'd first time using DP method (switching to DP at 93.4)

- Char then taken to skill cap, reduced poisoning by 6.6 (back to 93.4)
-- He then reset his total skills back to 595.4 with soul stones
--- This was done to try and make the the results as uniform as I could get them.

- Poisoned Fish Steak for Skill gains.
-- No Need to re stack fish steaks or have boxes of daggers to poison.
--You can gain off of a single item now that the anti macro code has been removed.

Skill Gain Notes:
- The black section is common, Green is GP Method, Blue is DP Method

- The red section was not used in cost calculations but might have caused an extra GGS. (More on this in a bit)

- I tried switching from LP to Poison early to increase skill gain. Didn't work.
-- 40 seems to be about right for the potion change

- At 65, I switched to GP. Skill gains appeared slow, returned to Poison.
-- Another mistake, skill gains dropped. Couple hours wasted.

- In the DP method, I switched at 93.4. In reality switching around 91 would have increased skill gains.

- In GP method, there is a red section. At 99 I could get no gains.
-- I ran for 6 kegs (to long) to make sure it was a wall.
-- I then considered I should be poisoning a weapon for gains - 1 Keg used on cleaver. Still no gain.
-- Switched to DP. Got a gain on my first attempt on a fish steak

------------------ Reagent & Time Costs -------------------

Kegs Used
- DP Method = 144 Total Kegs
- GP Method = 159 Total Kegs

Time
- DP Method
60h 35m - Poison Time
12h 30m - Potion Time
Total Time - 73h 05m

- GP Method
66h 15m - Poison Time
11h 12m - Potion Time
Total Time = 77h 27m

Reagents and Cost
- DP Method
79,580 Nightshade
159,600gp Faction Vendor
239,550gp NPC

-GP Method
63,820 Nightshade
127,640gp Faction Vendor
191,460gp NPC

Cost Notes & Observations:
- Due to my mistakes, I expect costs for another person to be a little lower.

- Again, the red section was not used in these calculations

- Time to use a Keg for poisoning was fairly consistent. (23 lowest - 27 highest)
-- An Average of 25 minutes was used in calculations.

- Time to fill kegs were pretty consistent
-- 4 minutes for GP, P & LP - 8 minutes for DP

- Nightshade usage for DP was estimated at 1080 per keg
-- I should have kept better track actual usage, but this was an average
-- I have a 27% bonus Talisman. Your usage will depend on yours

- The time for seeding vendors for Nightshade was not included
-- I didn't have to seed any. 60k Nightshade from an IDOC.
-- The time difference between methods is decreased even more if this is considered.

- Buying regs from bulk vendors was not considered.
-- Faction vendors are readily available on my shard. Nightshade is 2gp per
-- The cheapest price I have seen, for nightshade, is 4gp per on a bulk vendor
-- This would essentially double your cost of compared to faction vendors

Looking at time - only:
-- Using DP will save you 4 hours
-- This may increase, for you, to 6 hours due to previous mentioned mistakes
-- You might be able to increase this to 8 hours savings.
--- This would take: 2 computers, alchemist on another account, UOA macros
---- Keg filling on one computer, while poisoning on the other

Looking at Time & Cost
-- Saving 4 hours probably isn't worth the additional cost
--- 32k savings is a fair amount
--- 48k savings is an excellent savings for those of you who won't venture to Fel

Suggested Skill Gain Potion Switch
0 - 40 Lesser Poison
40 - 65 Poison
65 - 99 Greater Poison*
99 - GM Deadly Poison

* If time is the main factor, switch to DP at 91 or so.

Note: Repeating from the top of the post.....
I know have 8 poisoners. The last 5 I have done have verified this chart. It is not dead accurate but an average. You will see some variation.

If you think that there are errors or something that needs to be added, please send me a PM and I will check it out. I'll add or change things as required.

Thanx,
Q

This study was originally done by Leurnid Hand, former Assassin Forum Mod. He was nice enough to leave this body of work, before leaving for the shadows. He has not been seen for a year. If you do see him in game, tell him Q said Hi! and thank him for his work.

Reformatted - Aug 2008

- This list details the effects of 20 skill points in each given skill
- Assume all skills at 20 unless otherwise indicated
- All information here has been extrapolated from data culled from UO.com, UO.stratics.com, and the Stratic Forums

Alchemy:
- Explosion potions +4 damage
- Conflagration potions +1 damage

Anatomy:
- +15% Damage increase
- +3 HP healed (9-20 with 20 Healing)
- 30 Defensive Wrestling with 20 Evaluate Int, 70 Defensive Wrestle with 100 Evaluate Int

Animal Lore:
- Lore pets and animals
- +4 Pet HP healed (11-24 with 20 Veterinary)
- +4% Animal control (20% with 20 Taming)

Animal Taming:
- Tame: dog, gorilla, jack rabbit, rabbit, skittering hopper, bird, cat, chicken, mountain goat, rat, sewer rat, cow, goat, pig, sheep, eagle, mongbat.
- +16% Animal control (20% with 20 Animal Lore)

Archery:
- Marginal skill with bows
- +20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Swords, 20 Mace, and 20 Fencing
-- {Tactics skill must be 70+ & min to use a special},
- -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivalent)

Arms Lore:
No advantage but perhaps Arms Lore will be used for the Runic Crafting and Enhancement formula someday *hope hope*

Begging:
- Acquire spare change

Blacksmithy:
- Repair items (high damage/failure rate)
- Make some minor items (poorly)

Bowcraft/Fletching:
- +25% make shafts, arrows, and bolts. (75% ea, total)

Bushido:
- +20 applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Swords, 20 Mace, 20 Fencing, and 20 Archery
- {Only real Bushido points (not JoAT) are used to determine changes to parry rates.}

Camping:
- Ability to set camp and safely log-out

Carpentry:
- +40% making boards (90% Total)

Cartography:
- 17% Make Local Map

Chivalry:
- 40% Close Wounds for 4-24 HP, up to 39 w/ very high karma.
- 30% Cleanse by Fire (95% vs level 1 poison, 75% vs level 2 poison, 55% vs level 3 poison, 35% vs level 4 poison, 15% vs level 5 poison)
- 30% Remove Curse (effect based on karma)
- 7% Consecrate Weapon (duration based on karma)
- 7% Sacred Journey

Cooking:
- 20% Make most non-SE foods

Detect Hidden:
- Improved trap detection on dungeon floors
- Improved passive &amp; active reveal radius and chance
- Improved tracking chance

Discordance:
- Some chance of discording weaker creatures (18% chance vs mongbat with 20 music, 90% with 100 Music)
- Firehorn Success Chance 95%, PvP Damage 9-11, PvM Damage 14-17 (with 100 music, 20 provoke, 20 discord, and 20 peace)

Evaluate Intelligence:
- +60% Base spell damage *not SDI*

Fencing:
- Marginal skill with fencing weapons
- +20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Archery, 20 Swords, and 20 Mace

Fishing:
- Fish Steak. yum
- Shoes, Sandals, Boots, Thighboots. Fill BODs

Focus:
- +2 Stamina regeneration
- +1 Mana regeneration

Forensic Evaluation:
- Improved detection of thieves and criminal identities (?)

Healing:
- 9-20 healed (with 20 Anatomy)

Herding:
- Herd any creature tamable with up to 25 taming: dog, gorilla, jack rabbit, rabbit, skittering hopper, bird, cat, chicken, mountain goat, rat, sewer rat, cow, goat, pig, sheep, eagle, mongbat...

Hiding:
- Improved chance of hiding
- Decreased chance of being tracked or revealed

- +1 Phys Resist when casting Reactive Armor (+16 Phys Resist, -5 Elemental Resists)
- -1 Phys Resist penalty when casting Magic Reflect (-24 Phys resist, +10 Elemental Resists)
- Copy Books and Inscribe 1st-4th circle spells, chance varies based on circle

Item Identification:
- No advantage

Lock Picking:
- Improved chance of picking simple locks (no specific data found)

Lumberjacking:
- 20% Cut logs
- 4% Damage Increase with axes (except war axe)
- +20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Swords, 20 Mace, 20 Fencing, and 20 Archery

Mace Fighting:
- skill with bashing weapons
- +20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Archery, 20 Swords, and 20 Fencing

Magery:
- 95% 1st circle spells
- 60% 2nd circle spells
- 25% 3rd circle spells

Meditation:
- +1 to +2 Mana regen (equivalent over 0 meditation) in medible armor (.38 mana/second at 10 int, .65 mana/second at 120 int)

Mining:
- 20% Mining iron ore.
- 7% Ingot return on smelted iron.

Musicianship:
- Some chance of Barding weaker creatures (18% chance vs mongbat with 20 peace, or discord, 16% chance mongbat vs mongbat with 20 provoke)

Necromancy:
- 40% Curse Weapon (duration based on Spirit Speak)
- 1% Pain Spike (damage based on Spirit Speak vs targets Resist Spells)
- 1% Corpse Skin (effect based on Spirit Speak vs targets Resist Spells)
- 1% Evil Omen
- 1% Blood Oath (duration based on Spirit Speak vs targets Resist Spells)
- 1% Wraith Form

Ninjitsu:
- 50% Cast Animal Form (Rabbit, Rat)
- 1% Cast Backstab

Parrying:
- 5% Parry with shield (with 0 real bushido)
- 2% Parry with 1-handed weapon and no shield equipped
- 2% Parry with 2-Handed weapon no shield equipped
- +20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Swords, 20 Mace, 20 Fencing, and 20 Archery
- Parry rates are effected only by real Bushido points, not JoAT.

Peacemaking:
- Some chance of Peacing weaker creatures (18% chance vs mongbat with 20 music, 90% with 100 Music)
- Firehorn Success Chance 95%, PvP Damage 9-11, PvM Damage 14-17 (with 100 music, 20 provoke, 20 discord, and 20 peace)

Poisoning:
- 20% Apply level 1 or 2 (normal) poison to food or weapons
- Apply up to level 2 (normal) poison with the Infectious Strike special move
- 20% to increase level 2 (normal) poison to level 3 (greater) poison

Provocation:
- Some chance of provoking weaker creatures (16% chance vs mongbat with 20 music, 80% with 100 Music)

Remove Trap:
- Ineffective without 50 Detect Hidden &amp; Lock picking
- Some(?) chance of disarming simple traps with 50+ Detect Hidden and 50+ Lock picking

Resisting Spells:
- Improved chance to resist spell effects (poison, poison field, and poison strike?)
- Lowered stat loss (-2) vs clumsy, weaken, feeble mind, curse, and mass curse.
- -20 mana loss to Mana Drain and Mana Vampire
- -6 seconds Paralyze and Paralyze Field effects
- -2 damage from Pain Spike
- -1.25 second Corpse Skin effect
- -.25 second Blood Oath effect
- -.4 second Mind Rot effect

Snooping:
- 20%(?) view the contents of another's pack (chance of being observed unknown)

Spellweaving:
- 40% Arcane Circle for minimum duration
- 40% Gift of Renewal for minimum duration
- 40% Immolating Weapon for minimum duration
- 40% Attune Weapon for minimum duration
- 10% Thunderstorm for minimum duration
- 10% Nature's Fury for minimum duration

Spirit Speak:
- 1 HP healed channeling energy through corpse
- 3-4 HP healed channeling own energy

Stealing:
- 20%(?) Steal items (2 stones max weight) from others (chance of being observed unknown)

Stealth:
- Ineffective without 50 Hiding (according to stratics, 80 according to UO.com)
- 2 steps hidden between skill checks with 50(?)+ hiding

Swordsmanship:
- Marginal skill with sword-type weapons
- +20 Applied to reduced mana cost for special moves (-5 Mana Cost with 20 Parry, 20 Lumberjack, 20 Stealth, 20 Poison, 20 Bushido, 20 Ninjitsu, 20 Archery, 20 Macing, and 20 Fencing
- -10 Mana Cost with one weapon skill at 120, or equivalent

Tactics:
- +12.5% Damage increase

Tailoring:

Taste Identification:
- improved chance to determine potion keg strength

Tinkering:

Tracking:
- Improved chance to track targets

Veterinary:
- 11-24 HP healed (with 20 Animal Lore)

Wrestling:
- Marginal skill unarmed

Revisions:
*9/18/06: deleted tailor and blacksmith bod pickup, deleted spirit speak understand dead, revised firehorn data for provoke, peace, and discord
*10/9/06 added comment to bushido and parry regarding parry penalties
*1/7/07: added information for herding - Leurnid Hand

If you think something needs to be added or changed, please send me a PM. I'll check it out and make changes accordingly.

Many Thanks Again To Leurnid for putting this together.

Q

I completed the testing I was trying to do for the different poisons. Mainly for damage amounts and tick rates. The testing wasn't totally scientific. I hit a person with the different levels of poison 10 times and noted the ranges of damage.

Continue to the end of the post as there is some interesting results.

Lesser Poison - Lvl 1
- 4 damage every 2 seconds
- Victim Sees - You feel a bit nauseous
- Attacker Sees - "Char Name" Looks Ill
- Didn't check Duration

Poison - Lvl 2
- 9-11 damage every 3 seconds
- Victim sees - You feel disoriented and nauseous
- Others see - "Char Name" looks extremely ill
- Duration 40 - 45 seconds

Greater Poison - Lvl 3
- 14 - 20 damage every 4 seconds
- Victim sees - You begin to feel pain through out your body
- Others see - "Char Name" stumbles around in pain and confusion
- 45 - 60 duration

Deadly Poison - Lvl 4
- 25 - 33 damage every 5 seconds
- Victim Sees - You feel extremely weak and are in severe pain
- Others see - "Char Name" is wracked with extreme pain
- Duration 70 - 75 seconds

Lethal Poison - Lvl 5
- 35 - 50 damage every 5 seconds
- Victim sees - Your are in extreme pain, and require immediate aid
- Others see - "Char Name" begins to spasm uncontrollably
- Duration 70 - 85 seconds

Darkglow Poison - Lvl 3
- 14 - 20 damage every 4 seconds
- Victim sees - You begin to feel pain through out your body
- Others see - "Char Name" stumbles around in pain and confusion
- 45 - 60 duration
- Damage did increase, but only by 1 HP. Had to be more than one tile away
- Did not matter if the poisoner or victim moved the required distance for extra damage.

Parasitic Poison - Lvl 4
- 25 - 33 damage every 5 seconds
- Victim Sees - You feel extremely weak and are in severe pain
- Others see - "Char Name" is wracked with extreme pain
- Duration 70 - 75 seconds
- Massive amounts of healing poisoner, if you stay within one tile
- Healing takes place every tick and continues till victim cures

Observation Notes From Testing:
- Victim gets to see lvl bump on their screen with message - This poison seems extra potent
- Damage to victim is as stated vs. their poison resist. For example: 35 damage vs 70 resist = 10 damage per tick
- The strength of the poison fades after a few ticks, dealing less damage per tick.
- Darts work from 1-4 tiles
- Shurikens work from 3 - 9 tiles
- Darkglow & Parasitic bump like regular poisons when using infectious strike
- Since Parasitic bumps to lethal (if you have the skill), it might be my new best friend.

If anyone notices any differences, please send me a PM and I will correct as necessary.
Q

Just a post to keep this current as I work on it

I

imported_Chad Sexington

I finished up the poisoner again, and it yeilded some interesting results.

Methodology:
- Char had starting skill points of 502 to reduce the effect of GGS
-- GGS expected: DP method was 0.6 / GP method 0.7

- Started from bought skill of 23.4

- Char GM'd first time using DP method (switching to DP at 93.4)

- Char then taken to skill cap, reduced poisoning by 6.6 (back to 93.4)
-- He then reset his total skills back to 595.4 with soul stones
--- This was done to try and make the the results as uniform as I could get them.

- Poisoned Fish Steak for Skill gains.
-- No Need to restack fish steaks or have boxes of daggers to poison.
--You can gain off of a single item now that the anti macro code has been removed.

Thanx Leurnid for the suggestion. Great idea to do this.

--------------------- Skill Gain Chart ---------------------------<pre>
Kegs Type Start End Gain Gain/Keg
---- ---- ---- --- ---- --------
3 LP 23.4 35.8 11.4 4.1
1 P 35.8 37.1 1.3 1.3
2 LP 37.1 41.6 4.5 2.2
6 P 41.6 54.8 13.2 2.2
10.18 P 54.8 65 10.2 1.0
1 GP 65 65.7 0.7 0.7
5 P 65.7 67.9 2.2 0.4
17.63 GP 67.9 79.2 11.3 0.6
33.17 GP 79.2 89.9 10.7 0.3
23.8 GP 89.9 93.4 3.5 0.15
<font color="green">
-----------------------------------------------
14.21 GP 93.4 94.9 1.5 0.11
9.79 GP 94.9 96.1 1.2 0.13
10.0 GP 96.1 97.4 1.3 0.13
9.0 GP 97.4 98.5 1.1 0.13
4.32 GP 98.5 99.0 0.5 0.12</font>
<font color="red">
6.68 GP 99.0 99.0 0.0 0.00 xxx
1.0 GP 99.0 99.0 0.0 0.00 xxx </font>
<font color="green">
8.8 DP 99.0 100.0 1.0 0.12</font>
<font color="blue">
------------------------------------------------
6.43 DP 93.4 94.5 1.1 0.18
13.36 DP 94.5 97.2 2.7 0.20
21.1 DP 97.2 100.0 2.8 0.13</font>
<font color="black">
-------------------------------------------------</font></pre>

Skill Gain Notes:
- The black section is common, Green is GP Method, Blue is DP Method

- The red section was not used in cost calculations but might have caused an extra GGS. (More on this in a bit)

- I tried switching from LP to Posion early to increase skill gain. Didn't work.
-- 40 seems to be about right for the potion change

- At 65, I switched to GP. Skill gains appeared slow, retuned to Poison.
-- Another mistake, skill gains dropped. Couple hours wasted.

- In the DP method, I switched at 93.4. In reality switching around 91 would have increased skill gains.

- In GP method, there is a red section. At 99 I could get no gains.
-- I ran for 6 kegs (to long) to make sure it was a wall.
-- I then considered I should be poisoning a weapon for gains - 1 Keg used on cleaver. Still no gain.
-- Switched to DP. Got a gain on my first attempt on a fish steak

------------------ Reagent &amp; Time Costs -------------------<pre>
Kegs

Kegs Used - DP Method Kegs Used - GP Method
--------------------- ---------------------
5 Lesser Poison 5 Lesser Poison
22 Poison 22 Poison
76 Greater Poison 123 Greater Poison
41 Deadly Poison 9 Deadly Poison
----------------- ----------------------
144 Total Kegs 159 Total Kegs</pre><pre>

Time

60h 35m Posion Time 66h 15m Posion Time
12h 30m Potion Time 11h 12m Potion Time
------------------- ---------------------
73h 05m Total Time 77h 27m Total Time</pre><pre>

Reagents and Cost

79,580 Nightshade 63,820 Nightshade

159,600gp Faction 127,640gp Faction
239,550gp NPC 191,460gp NPC</pre>
---------------------------------------------------------------

Cost Notes &amp; Observations:
- Due to my mistakes, I expect costs for another person to be a little lower.

- Again, the red section was not used in these calculations

- Time to use a Keg for poisoning was fairly consistent. (23 lowest - 27 highest)
-- An Average of 25 minutes was used in calculations.

- Time to fill kegs were pretty consistent
-- 4 minutes for GP, P &amp; LP - 8 minutes for DP

- Nightshade usage for DP was estimated at 1080 per keg
-- I should have kept better track actual usage, but this was an average
-- I have a 27% bonus Talisman. Your usage will depend on yours

- The time for seeding vendors for Nightshade was not included
-- I didn't have to seed any. 60k Nightshade from an IDOC.
-- The time difference between methods is decreased even more if this is considered.

- Buying regs from bulk vendors was not considered.
-- I play on Sonoma. Faction vendors are readily available. Nightshade is 2gp per
-- Cheapest I have seen is 4gp per on a bulk vendor
-- This would essentially double your cost of compared to faction vendors

Looking at time - only:
-- Using DP will save you 4 hours
-- This may increase, for you, to 6 hours due to previous mentioned mistakes
-- You might be able to increase this to 8 hours savings.
--- This would take: 2 computers, alchemist on another account, UOA macros
---- Keg filling on one computer, while poisoning on the other

Looking at Time &amp; Cost
-- Saving 4 hours probably isn't worth the additional cost
--- 32k savings is a fair amount
--- 48k savings is an excellent savings for those of you who won't venture to Fel

Suggested Skill Gain Potion Switch
0 - 40 Lesser Poison
40 - 65 Poison
65 - 99 Greater Poison*
99 - GM Deadly Poison

* If time is the main factor, switch to DP at 91 or so.

Hope this helps a few folks,
Q

PS I think it is going to be a very long time till I find the need to make a 4th poisoner

PPS - I guess I lied. I now have 6 poisoners. The skill chart and usuage still seems to be fairly accurate. (11 May 07)

-----
Edited to change headline from Post 40 to 39

<ul>
[*] Weapon special moves now require Weapon Skill and Tactics of appropriate skill levels. (i.e., 70 in each skill for primary weapon special moves, 90 in each skill for secondary weapon special moves).
-- Exceptions to the Tactics requirement are the following:
  1. Wrestling special moves.
  2. Shadowstrike since it already requires 80 Stealth to perform.
  3. Infecting Strike since it already requires Poisoning skill to be effective.

[*] Can no longer stack using a weapon special move and casting a spell or activating a skill ability.

[*] Nerve Strike paralysis is now breakable on hit.

[*] Nerve Strike paralysis is now scaled based on Bushido skill, from 50% chance at 50 skill to 90% chance at 120 skill.

[*] Nerve Strike damage is now a little more variable. May be 0 to 10 damage less.

[*] The Mana Regeneration item property is now subject to the principle of diminishing returns.
-- The hard cap on MR has been removed.
  1. As the total MR from items increases, each successive point of MR will give less overall mana regeneration.
  2. This means that adding more MR will always give more mana regeneration.
  3. This also means that as you put more MR items on, you get less of a bonus from each additional MR item.
-- Having higher Meditation and / or Focus skill will give a bonus to mana regeneration gained from MR items.
-- Meditation and /or Focus will now benefit for intermediate values and not just for multiples of 10
--- (i.e. 80.1 used to give you same MR bonus at 89.9).

[*] Hit Point Increase from items is now capped at 25.

[*] Enhance Potion from items is now capped at 50. Player characters with Alchemy skill receive an inherent bonus to Enhance Potion that can exceed this cap. The bonus to Enhance Potion equates to +10% for every 33 points of Alchemy (i.e., 80% at GM Alchemy).

[*] The formula for controlling a tamed pet currently is based on 80% Taming, 20% Animal Lore. This will now be changed to 50% Taming, 50% Animal Lore so it requires more of a skill commitment to reliably control a tamed pet. The formula for actually taming a creature will remain unchanged.(See Note Below)

[*] For controlling Lesser Hiryus, a player character will now need at least 90 Bushido (the same required to ride it) or an appropriately high skill level in Animal Taming and Animal Lore.
  1. Success chance for control is determined by whichever skill set is higher (i.e., Bushido or the combination of Animal Taming and Animal Lore).
  2. The chance to tame a Lesser Hiryu will remain the same.

[*] When a Lesser Hiryu chooses to perform the Dismount special maneuver, it will now have a 20% chance to succeed in performing the dismount. This chance use to be 100%.

[*] Players now have a better chance of actively meditating at high intelligence/low mana values.

[*] Ethereal mount stamina will now regenerate when a player character is not mounted. This value is stored on the character, so it will apply to any ethereal mount that character uses.

[*] Evasion can now only be activated once every 20 seconds.

[*] Cancel targeting cursor when using Animal Form. This is to prevent abuses such as using a bola, changing into Animal Form, running up your opponent with mount speed, changing out of Animal Form, and then instantly targeting your opponent.

[*] Anything that can dismount a player character will now force an opponent out of Animal Form. This includes weapon special moves such as Dismount and Riding Swipe, items such as bolas, and any creatures with Dismount, Raging Stomp, or Bola Throwing AI. The same timer will come into play for returning to animal form after being bola'd as currently exists towards remounting after being bola'd.

[*] Added remount delay for Animal Form when using bolas or the Dismount weapon special maneuver.

[*] A pet that performs a Dismount special maneuver will now add a remount delay for its owner.

[*] Death Strike will now cause 50% less damage when using a ranged weapon.

[*] Death Strike damage cap lowered from 70 to 60.

[*] Death Strike damage now scales based on the average of Hiding/Stealth from 30% to 100% of normal damage.

[*] Cancel targeting cursor when using the Hiding skill. This is to prevent abuses such as commanding your pet to kill, pressing a macro to hide, and then targeting the pet’s victim.

[*] Ecru Rings have been changed to possess 50% Enhance Potions.

[*] Rune Beetle Corruption pet ability will now reduce each resist by one half of its value for the duration of the corruption. The Rune Beetle Corruption pet ability use to reduce all resists to 0.

[*]. Pets will possess the same notoriety as their masters when commanded, added as a friend, transferred to another player, etc.

[*] Enchanted Apples and Grapes of Wrath will now only be edible once every 120 seconds. The Grapes of Wrath will now have a duration of 20 seconds.

[*] Tinker poison trapped boxes will no longer poison the user if the user already has been inflicted with a stronger poison.[/list]

------------- Changes and Tweaks ------------

***Taming***

Calculations:

1. tamingBonus = difficultyModifier * (taming skill - pet difficulty)
2. loreBonus = difficultyModifier * (taming skill - pet difficulty)
3. skillBonus = (tamingBonus + loreBonus) / 2
Control chance:

Final control chance % = 70 + skillBonus;
Now, the difficultyModifier above depends on the difference between your skill and the pet’s difficulty. Instead of averaging the skills and then applying the modifier to the average as before, the difficulty modifier is now applied independently to each skill and then that result is averaged. This gives us the ability to give more importance to taming than lore, while still requiring you to have a significant investment in both skills to control high level pets. The way that modifiers are picked is as follows:

Difficulty Modifiers:

6 - if (taming/lore skill - pet difficulty) is positive (i.e. if taming/lore skill is greater than the pet's difficulty)
28 - if (taming skill - pet difficulty) is negative (i.e. if your taming is less than the pet's difficulty)
14 - if (lore skill - pet difficulty) is negative (i.e. if your lore is less than the pet's difficulty)
To give you an example for a player with 93 taming and 100 lore trying to control a dragon which has a difficulty of 93.9:

<font color="blue">Step 1 – Finding the skill / pet difficulty difference for each skill:</font>

Taming – Pet Difficulty = 93 – 93.9 = -0.9
Lore – Pet Difficulty = 100 – 93.9 = 6.1

<font color="blue">Step 2 – Finding the modifiers for both skills</font>

Taming difference is negative, so the taming modifier is 28 (would be 6 if it were positive)
Lore difference is positive, so the Lore modifier is 6 (would have been 14 if it were negative)

<font color="blue">Step 3 – Applying the modifiers to each skill bonus</font>

Taming bonus = 28 * -0.9 = -25.2
Lore bonus = 6 * 6.1 = 36.6

<font color="blue">Step 4 – Averaging the two bonuses:</font>

skillBonus = (-25.2 + 36.6) / 2 = 5.7

<font color="blue">Step 5 – Finding the control chance</font>

Control Chance = 70 + 5.7 = 75.7%

This, of course, assumes that the dragon is at max loyalty. The penalty for loyalty has not changed, however, so I won’t go into detail here about how that works.

What this does is require that you pretty much need to have both taming and lore very close to the pet's difficulty in order to control it. However, there is more room for having slightly lower lore than there is for having less taming. Also, the bonus for having more skill than the pet's difficulty is about where it was before, but again, you can't compensate too much with one skill or the other.

--------

**** Miscellaneous Changes *****
<ul>
[*]Enchanted Apples and Grapes of Wrath no longer affect hunger
[*]Grapes of Wrath now last 20 seconds and have a 2 minute cooldown
[*]Fractional values of meditation will now count towards mana regen
[*]Wood and ore nodes now have a chance to randomly respawn with different resource types.
[*]Players can no longer remain hidden while mining or lumberjacking [/list]

Published to shards 10 Aug 07 - Server Maintenance

---
Not based on formula but on testing results...
Noxins Mana Regen Calculator might be of use.

Q

Fencing + Poisoning = 200.0 is only a myth. This is only true for Magery + Poisoning.

This myth must have started from the way Magery + Poisoning is calculated, but Fencing/Swords and Infectious Strike is much different. I've had many people argue with me with this over the years. Even in my own guild.

Here are the facts:

The 200 total points only applies to magery and casting deadly poison 2 tiles away and deadly poison fields.

Infectious strike works differently.

The poisoning skill applies different levels of poison at different poisoning skill levels. In addition to this, your poisoning skill acts as a percentage chance your poison that you deliver will be bumped up a level.

-Fencing/swords has nothing to do with it.
-80 poisoning is the minimum skill to deliver deadly poison every time.
-At 80 poisoinng you deal deadly poison with an 80% chance for leathal.
-At 90 poisoning you deal deadly poison with a 90% chance for lethal.
-At 100 you deal lethal 100% of the time.
-At 79 you deal greater poison with a 79% chance for deadly.

I know its not 200 points total because I've been running 110 fencing 80 poison for forever. Lethal poisson w/ occassional deadly.

Before I show the screenshots from test remember: The level of poison you deal can be determined by the text that appears above your target.

Deadly Poison = "[name] is wracked with extreme pain."
Lethal Poison = "[name] begins to spasm uncontrollably"

Screenshot #1:

Text Above Target: "a skeleton begins to spasm uncontrollably."
Poison Level Increased Message: Yes.
Poison Dealt: Lethal Poison
Fencing: 120.0
Poisoning: 80.0
Total Points: 200.0

Myth = This is expected. The player should deal Lethal Poison 100% of the time.
Reality = This is just a possibility. Lethal Poison is dealt 80% of the time.

Screenshot #2:

Text Above Target: "a skeleton is wracked with extreme pain."
Poison Level Increased Message: No.
Poison Dealt: Deadly Poison
Fencing: 120.0
Total Points: 200.0

Myth = This should not be possible. With Fencing + Poison = 200.0 should deal Lethal Poison 100% of the time.
Reality = It took a couple tries on test, but a couple tries is expected. With 80.0 Poisoning you deal Deadly Poison 20% of the time and Lethal only 80% of the time.

Screenshot #3

Text Above Target: "a zombie begins to spasm uncontrollably."
Poison Level Increased Message: Yes.
Poison Dealt: Lethal Poison
Fencing: 70.0
Total Points: 150.0

Myth = This should not be possible. Fencing + Poisoning total is less than 200.0 and Lethal Poison should not be possible.
Reality = Fencing has nothing to do with the level of poison dealt. (It does, but only with Magery.) 80.0 Poisoning will give you a 80% chance to bump your poisoning 1 level and will give you an 80% chance of dealing Lethal Poison.

-The only real way to deal Lethal Poison 100% of the time is by having 100.0 Poisoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.