• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The Anti Classic Shard Thread

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok, after suffering through dozens if not hundreds of 'Bring back a classic shard' thread - let me start one of my own....

Create an Anti Classic Shard!

No PvP whatsoever. Fel and tram are same tram ruleset. Champ spawns for everyone.

I'd xfer my stuff and chars there in a second.

Can you imagine? No more incessant crying on chat about 'house hiding, ganking, you suck 1v1, you speedhack, you cheat, your guild is pathetic, no your guild is pathetic, blah blah'.

I'm all 4 it!

C

Calis M^N

i agree with the chat part im bored of the foul words and smack talk in genral chat... and many would say just don't go in genral chat but why is that fair?? im not the won breaking T&Cs by using foul language!

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This could be an interesting topic.
What is it about the Classic Shard concept that makes it superior to this one, and vice versa.

It is shown that a fair proportion of the population have little-to-no interest in PvP, so what would make a shard that caters fully to those player a worse idea than one that caters to another group?

(Personally, I think neither idea is without significant negatives)

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, basically a shard that is 99% of what already exists. I don't think that classic shard is a good idea, but at least its an idea that makes sense to ask for.

Vlaude

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Remove death from the game it hurts people's feelings when they die :sad4:

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, after suffering through dozens if not hundreds of 'Bring back a classic shard' thread - let me start one of my own....

Create an Anti Classic Shard!

No PvP whatsoever. Fel and tram are same tram ruleset. Champ spawns for everyone.

I'd xfer my stuff and chars there in a second.

Can you imagine? No more incessant crying on chat about 'house hiding, ganking, you suck 1v1, you speedhack, you cheat, your guild is pathetic, no your guild is pathetic, blah blah'.

I'm all 4 it!

I dont know about "incessant crying" on chat because I dont pay attention to it but I do know that the whole premise of the OP is incessant crying. Quite ironic.

Why is it that non Felucca players just cant stfu & play the game?

You have more land/dungeons/monsters/etc.. then you could ever get bored with yet our little piece of historical land bothers you so much that you just cant enjoy yourself?

Its really pathetic.

How often do you see Felucca players whining about Trammel ruining their current gameplay? Just about never.
Yet day in and day out you carebears complain. It must be horrible to one day wake up & realize that you just cant decorate your house anymore or change your characters clothes again :(
What could possibly be missing from the Uo existence you once loved so much?
Uhh, maybe the lack of real excitement you used to get from doing something the least bit risky or dangerous?

I personally would love a classic pvp shard but it has been beat to death so I just wait and hope.

Bottom line bud is that at least the people asking for a classic shard are asking for something that did once exist. The very foundation of the game to be more precise.
While IMO you are just whining for something you cant have and that never was.

Basically you want the Devs to spend an assload of time & resources so that you can have exactly what you have now plus risk-free powerscrolls?
Is the lure of risk-free powerscrolls that powerful? Lmao

*shakes head*

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Wouldn't this be more of an "Anti-Siege" type server?

Honestly it would kind of make sense if you looked at it that way, 1 shard with Full on PvP open anywhere in the game, and 1 with no PvP at all....The majority of the shards would be a happy medium.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Basically you want the Devs to spend an assload of time & resources so that you can have exactly what you have now plus risk-free powerscrolls?
Is the lure of risk-free powerscrolls that powerful? Lmao

*shakes head*
Nope thats not it - the the lure of a shard that YOU will never play? Priceless.

L

LoL/Sonoma

I support an anti-PVP anti-Siege shard. =)

Zero interest in PvP and would like the opportunity to do Champs without getting PK'd (not that there is a ton of that on Sonoma).

However the rules for transfers on this server would have to be like Siege. No transfers off (on at well?) the shard to keep people from farming PSs for other shards.

And try to ignore most of the flames. Admitting to being a non-PvPer is unpopular on stratics ... the vocal minority will shout you down. =P

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How often do you see Felucca players whining about Trammel ruining their current gameplay? Just about never.
Biggest lie ever told on UHall.

Every single Classic shard thread includes 'Trammel ruined UO'.
Biggest lie?

Did you not notice the words "current gameplay"? You obviously have reading & comprehension issues lol. Do you need to mean to define the word "current"?

When was the last time you saw a Felucca player whine on the boards that Trammel is hindering his "current gameplay" You never do bud because we dont care about you or Trammel.

You wanna do a quick search though & find the Trammies posting & pancakes abut Felucca & pvpers? Wont take long to find those nuggets.

You dont live in Felucca & you always point out how much you dislike Felucca & its citizens yet you sure seem damn interested in whats going on in Felucca. Pretty sad.

Too funny. Being unable to farm risk-free Powerscrolls is just eating you up inside.
You could be straight up & just come out & say it instead of spouting bs like the need for an entire new concept/shard because you dont like what you hear on chat.
Newsflash: Trammies trashtalk on chat & cheat & scam just as much as everyone else.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, certainly no pvp in wow... oh wait.
Yes...there is PvP in WoW, from what I understand.

So...even on PvP servers in WoW...

How many of the Horde can another Horde person kill, as a member of that same Horde?

From my understanding...the same team can't kill another on their same team...I do not play WoW, but from what I understand, unless I misunderstood it, is that no players on the same team can PK their "Guildies" or whatever. It is my understanding that WoW's PvP is only Consensual, period.

You can't kill your Guildies...you can fight in certain areas only...you fight on PvP servers...

It sounds like the kind of PvP that can attract hundreds of thousands, if not millions of players.

It would appear that the Non-Con PvP so many here hold onto so dearly...the kind of "enthralling" PvP that can attract hundreds of thousands at first when there IS no other PvP, down to tens of thousands as we hold onto "what made UO great".

So...I could be wrong about WoW and how they do PvP...but if they can attract millions, and we have a land (Fel) so empty that the Devs have to try and figure out ways to "Entice" the players that don't care so much for PvP to come over and "work together"...there is most assuredly something wrong with that picture, in my opinion, fo shizzle.

T

Tazar

Biggest lie?

Did you not notice the words "current gameplay"? You obviously have reading & comprehension issues lol. Do you need to mean to define the word "current"?
Considering that we still hear about it daily around here... I'd call it a current complaint about their gameplay...

T

TheMac

You wanna do a quick search though & find the Trammies posting & pancakes abut Felucca & pvpers? Wont take long to find those nuggets.
Why would you guys have to come here and post to whine you do it enough over general chat.. Don't get me wrong I am not into pvp at all but i do support the classic shard. I liked the risk that you used to have to take to do anything, but either way it kind of sounds like your whining about Trammies whining.......

T

TheMac

Oh yeah, do EM events count as current gameplay? Because I heard alot of whining from you Felucians about that.

P.S. IBTL

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or you could just unsubscribe from general chat, lol...

But I can play this game. Anti-classic, eh? How about an Anti-classic Future shard? Okay, replace all melee weapons and spellbooks and stuff with a generic handgun, and make all the mages look like the meer. Make all the dexxers look like golems. No choice, you have to either be a meer or a golem. No armor, housing, or skills either. No boats. Just 100 health, and if you dbl click on a person it shoots a binded 10-12 damage bullet with a 0.5 delay.

L

LoL/Sonoma

Oh yeah, do EM events count as current gameplay? Because I heard alot of whining from you Felucians about that.

P.S. IBTL
Why would it be locked? As near as i can tell it is in the right section and a valid (if silly for the sake of being silly) topic.

If people whining/pancakes got threads locked then i doubt there would be any thread except "Buying" "Selling" and "Price Check" threads left. :lol:

T

TheMac

Or you could just unsubscribe from general chat, lol...

But I can play this game. Anti-classic, eh? How about an Anti-classic Future shard? Okay, replace all melee weapons and spellbooks and stuff with a generic handgun, and make all the mages look like the meer. Make all the dexxers look like golems. No choice, you have to either be a meer or a golem. No armor, housing, or skills either. No boats. Just 100 health, and if you dbl click on a person it shoots a binded 10-12 damage bullet with a 0.5 delay.
agree!

T

Tox The Murder

Just Create a All Tremmal Shard and a All Felucca Shard......Item Insurance of both of them....That'll fix it....

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
bet you wont......
So a discussion about an alternative shard is now a Spiel and Rant?

Not sure which has deteriorated quicker - UO or Stratics mods. Seems like an even battle.

Is it any wonder why the UO subscription numbers are through the floor?

K

Kiminality

So a discussion about an alternative shard is now a Spiel and Rant?

Not sure which has deteriorated quicker - UO or Stratics mods. Seems like an even battle.

Is it any wonder why the UO subscription numbers are through the floor?
I don't know for sure, but my guess would be that it looked a whole lot like a loaded thread.
The unfavourable response from PvPers was as predictable as the sunrise, and yet you still posted it, and then rather than attempting to nurture any constructive discussion on the subject, you trolled Goldberg instead (and be extension, those that agree with him).
The conclusion is that this wasn't a serious thread, intended for discussion of an idea. You posted it to provoke the PvPers who would naturally disagree with the idea.
I'm guessing that the barest hint of proper discussion that occurred in here is all that kept it from being locked and fading into history of Uhall. Instead, it got sent here, which is best you could really hope for with a thread like this.

Might I recommend trying harder in future?

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Biggest lie?

Considering that we still hear about it daily around here... I'd call it a current complaint about their gameplay...

I hear you and even referenced the fact that certain Felucca players have beat the "Trammel should have never been created" drum to death. It's pointless & ancient history.

But that is not the point.

Let me ask you a question.
When was the last time you saw a post started by a Felucca player that said "Trammel should never have been created" I bet you havent seen one in years. It is only ever said in defence of Felucca, right or wrong. It is in no way indicative of "current gameplay"

My point in this cesspool of a thread was quite simply that IMO the OP is consumed by his/her inability to get his/her own powerscrolls. Why the fark else would you want to suggest that the Dev team waste huge amounts of resources/time to create what we already have: an identical landmass to Felucca?

What other possible reasons could justify the huge amount of effort/money?

More housing space for Trammies? They will leave their current Trammel housing on their home shard to build a house on a replica facet on another shard? Are you kidding me?
And lets not forget the fact that there are thousands of plots currently available in Trammel across all shards (even heavily populated shards such as Atlantic)

Double resources with no risk? Is that the lure? As it is right now anyone with a small amount of experience can farm more resources then they could ever need. Not to mention the fact that they can also farm hugely valuable resources/items in the Abyss with no threat of pvp on ALL shards.

Nopers. IMO the OP just cant enjoy the game knowing that juicy powerscrolls are & have always been only attainable in Felucca. The fact that anyone can go get them is meaningless to him/her. It is truly sad.

Or am I way off base & was the Trammy OP simply sick of Classic Shard threads & decided for ****s & giggles to just start a dopey "anti Classic Shard" thread?
Hrmm, Classic shard(a legit & serious topic that ahs been referneced by the Devs)or Anti Classic Shard(jealous nonsense with no purpose)

And who is surprised this pile of dung(me included in the pile)got moved to Spiels & Rants?

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Basicly there because there is pvp in fel it is hard for people to just sit there and farm stuff with programs. If pvp was avaible in tram as well less stuff would be auto mined. PvP prevents players from being able to do other ilegal operations because then players can help take care of it them selves.
PvP is good.
We get the goods in fel and you can buy them in tram .Its a symbotic realtionship its cool.BTW haveing a pk around makes things much more exciteng then you think. And also stuff is not rated as often as you might think. YOU should realy try it with some friends.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Basicly there because there is pvp in fel it is hard for people to just sit there and farm stuff with programs. If pvp was avaible in tram as well less stuff would be auto mined. PvP prevents players from being able to do other ilegal operations because then players can help take care of it them selves.
PvP is good.
We get the goods in fel and you can buy them in tram .Its a symbotic realtionship its cool.BTW haveing a pk around makes things much more exciteng then you think. And also stuff is not rated as often as you might think. YOU should realy try it with some friends.

o_O .... You actually believe that? Wow, I see about as many bots in Fel as in Trammel... Since on most shards the majority of Fel is a barren wasteland of uselessness, they find it easier to farm due to double resources.... Dunno how many times I've had to be careful not to let my thief go red off killing Bots only to get counted hours later.

KevinBrightstar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... now if they could just convince PvPers to actually act human to one another and not grief, then they might actually get more people involved in PvP .
Im going to post this in my PvP thread complaints . This sums it up right here,this gives me hopes for all devs .Its realy a social problem is'nt?
Let me hatch this out here. Its mainly the abilty to gank each other to have 3 vs 1 Mages being mad at dexxers ,dexxers being jeloues of the favortism offred to Mages. YOu know every single PvP mage must be running 70 dci to beat the cap .Well most,then some add bushido to the mix.I would worship the guy that can single handly bring one down on a pure dexxer char :bowdown::popcorn: Even though some one did make a point about its being multi player game masive style.I get that point ! But it still a form of Grief giveing .

PvP effects all of tram anways , I think a lot of the limmits give to chars have been a direct resulat of PvP ,tram is a direct result of players giveing greif. Factions is a way to get cheap items. Factions is a way for blue players to kill with out conesqunce !
Bring back oder and chaos !!!!
Ramble Ramble Ramble!

S

sweet potato

UO is currently focused on collecting welfare checks.

People that collect welfare don't like competition.

Squeax

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I love this idea and would move to this shard. I would love to be able to go into general chat and not hear the same five or six smacktards screaming nonsense at each other as if anyone gives a crap who ganks or not.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would be interested in this type of shard and am so not interested in a classic shard. I would certainly create a character or two on that shard and it might become my main shard. It would get rid of the hardcore griefer since they can only do minor harm under such rules. Sounds good to me.

M

maximusss

You have my full support. Classic shard for griefers, anti classic shard for trammelites. All would be happy.