• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The age of poison is coming

• Thread starter imported_UOPODCASTING.COM
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

I just read this on test centre:

<blockquote><hr>

Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.

At 120 magery: Level 1: 100% chance to cure Level 2: 100% chance to cure Level 3: 97% chance to cure Level 4: 66% chance to cure Level 5: 35% chance to cure

[/ QUOTE ]

The age of poison in UO has arrived.

F

five oclock

With all the other stuff in the game that NEEDS fixing..What do the Devs do? Nerf another thing that works fine...

Shrugs.

G

Well that is going to bring on nox dexxers and mages out the rear. Especially the dexxers. They will be able to chew through mages, just will have to keep pots stocked i suppose.

F

five oclock

aye pots pot and even more pots..the time it takes to get em filled..the time to get em refilled after being looted..the weight etc etc....

heck if the devs wanted to make us use bottles...and keep one hand free..then Just come out and say it.. This is another story..

There has never been anything wrong with the cure spells. people who wants bottles use em..people who dont cast the spell..

There are MANY and I stress MANY more problems with this game and the so called balance in pvp that people just love to complain about. Why NOT fix those first before trying to fix a problem that there is no problem too?

Btw I would LOVE to see the logs where people were complaining about arch cure and so forth. This just sounds like another nerf like they did to bags of sending. you are right NOW more people are going to have to get bottles and kegs and etc etc the time to make the bottles if that applies...This is nuts! freaking Nuts!

Devs what are you trying to do????????????

Now on a side note...I do beleive the price of bottles and kegs will be going up soon. So buy the kegs and bottles now while they are still cheap.

UGH. Why do I play to pay...as I beat me head into the wall..

D

Dain69

Well i use normal cure anyway cos its so much easier to get off and faster. But i sure aint complaining

G

<blockquote><hr>

better check my potions they been brewed a loooong time

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not brewing "Stubbies of Feeblemind" in your shed again, are you?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

better check my potions they been brewed a loooong time

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not brewing "Stubbies of Feeblemind" in your shed again, are you?

[/ QUOTE ]

HA! I needed a laugh today.

G

What! you me who what did i do? ah maybe not sure thought it a bit green but was good on St Patricks day hic!! hic !!now look what i found
A Red keg mwhahaha

G

Woot!! i might start making more use of my alchemist other then making kegs for gardening yay!

G

TC1 has been updated with the following:

- Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.
# At 120 magery:
# Level 1: 100% chance to cure
# Level 2: 100% chance to cure
# Level 3: 97% chance to cure
# Level 4: 66% chance to cure
# Level 5: 35% chance to cure

This change is a total nerf. Having read a lot of the stuff on uhall it always tends to focus on pvp, when pvm seems to be barely considered when they do these nerfs.

Basically in my view, to 100% cure using Arch Cure as it is now you had to expend 120 skill points on magery, paid millions for a 120 mage scroll, and odds are also 120 ei. So I think the above is a reasonable cost to ensure getting 100% success rate on Arch Cure. The poisoner required NO expense in MILLIONS in a 120 poison scroll (yes I know they don't exist), nor had to expend the additional 20 skill points to get lethal poison ability, they get that at basic gm level.

The casting time on Arch Cure is already a lot slower so the penalty for casting is already there, even when you get it off the poisoner can insta hit you with it again in less time than it takes for you cast the arch cure while repeatedly being able to beat on you with whatever weapon they use, so at times it is all you can cast just to keep alive, let alone cast anything else to actually fight back. As it stands NOW, in PVP, if you have anything less than 120 magery (which already stated above you 'paid for in skill points and scroll costs for the priviledge') you are already pretty much dead on lethal poison anyways as you will fizzle to get an arch cure off due to your spell being 'disrupted' as well as not having a 100% success chance if you even manage to get it off as it will 'fail' and depending on the rng may need to cast it a few times for it to work. Either that or suffer the penalty to resist magic (-30% to skill) and faster casting to avoid disruption by fighting with using the protection spell, both drawbacks already to ensure you don't get disrupted, tho your success rate is still not guaranteed. The ONLY 100% chance is with 120 mage.

The nerf is much greater in pvm. How exactly are those who pvm going to do Paroxysmus, Dreadhorn or fight a Yamadon or rotting corpses?

Maybe a 1:3 chance to cure at 120 magery assuming the rng is being nice to you, if not maybe you will need to cast it 20 times, but odds are you will be dead by then especially as those creatures spam lethal at you so even if you get the rng being nice on the first roll of the die, odds are you won't on the second. In dreadhorn, paroxy and with the yamadon it is not like you can 'avoid' it by keeping your distance as they area affect spam it.

Now if you are a GM mage, 110 mage or less, what is the % chance to cure? If you don't have the protection spell cast you are likely to be 'disrupted' each and every time you try to cast and even if not disrupted will have a 0 to less than 35% (maybe 5% at gm or 20 at 110?) ,who knows, chance to actually cast it.

At dreadhorn or at paroxysmus you may as well just get used to dying by lethal poison, when dreadhorn hits you as well as poisons at the same time odds are you are already on 1/4 or less health, if you have to attempt to get an arch cure off that is going to be unsuccessful two thirds of the time or LESS, and probably NEVER if you have less than 120 mage, grey will be the only colour you see 95% of the time and in paroxsymus probably 100% of the time as without a way to have 100% success chance you may as well forget it. Even with the 100% success chance it still requires very good timing to get it off in time to assist groups and stop others and yourself from dying . The 120 mages are usually the ONLY way to effectively heal groups at these dungeons as a hit with poison by one of these needs instant cure to 'save' the person as even trying to bandy heal against it will just not give you the time to get it off before seeing grey. Most pvm'ers are not in the habit of carting around copious amounts of cure pots, nor want to be disarming shields to counter a lethal spamming boss monster, you may as well not equip your shield on these things if that is the case as it will be in your backpack for the whole thing anyways while you constantly chug pots to cure given death is pretty much guaranteed with no 100% arch cure ability.

This to me is an incredibly stupid nerf, one that was not asked for, not complained about and should not even be considered. But as in all things, like the nerf to the Bos's, a poorly thought out, unasked for change, which will happen irrespective of the MAJORITY of players not wanting it, put in, for whatever reason by someone who probably hardly or never actually plays UO who thinks is a 'good' idea, when in actual fact it will just add another thing to make playing UO LESS enjoyable for the many.

F

five oclock

<blockquote><hr>

TC1 has been updated with the following:

- Arch Cure now cures poison at the same difficulty as the regular cure spell.
# At 120 magery:
# Level 1: 100% chance to cure
# Level 2: 100% chance to cure
# Level 3: 97% chance to cure
# Level 4: 66% chance to cure
# Level 5: 35% chance to cure

This change is a total nerf. Having read a lot of the stuff on uhall it always tends to focus on pvp, when pvm seems to be barely considered when they do these nerfs.

Basically in my view, to 100% cure using Arch Cure as it is now you had to expend 120 skill points on magery, paid millions for a 120 mage scroll, and odds are also 120 ei. So I think the above is a reasonable cost to ensure getting 100% success rate on Arch Cure. The poisoner required NO expense in MILLIONS in a 120 poison scroll (yes I know they don't exist), nor had to expend the additional 20 skill points to get lethal poison ability, they get that at basic gm level.

The casting time on Arch Cure is already a lot slower so the penalty for casting is already there, even when you get it off the poisoner can insta hit you with it again in less time than it takes for you cast the arch cure while repeatedly being able to beat on you with whatever weapon they use, so at times it is all you can cast just to keep alive, let alone cast anything else to actually fight back. As it stands NOW, in PVP, if you have anything less than 120 magery (which already stated above you 'paid for in skill points and scroll costs for the priviledge') you are already pretty much dead on lethal poison anyways as you will fizzle to get an arch cure off due to your spell being 'disrupted' as well as not having a 100% success chance if you even manage to get it off as it will 'fail' and depending on the rng may need to cast it a few times for it to work. Either that or suffer the penalty to resist magic (-30% to skill) and faster casting to avoid disruption by fighting with using the protection spell, both drawbacks already to ensure you don't get disrupted, tho your success rate is still not guaranteed. The ONLY 100% chance is with 120 mage.

The nerf is much greater in pvm. How exactly are those who pvm going to do Paroxysmus, Dreadhorn or fight a Yamadon or rotting corpses?

Maybe a 1:3 chance to cure at 120 magery assuming the rng is being nice to you, if not maybe you will need to cast it 20 times, but odds are you will be dead by then especially as those creatures spam lethal at you so even if you get the rng being nice on the first roll of the die, odds are you won't on the second. In dreadhorn, paroxy and with the yamadon it is not like you can 'avoid' it by keeping your distance as they area affect spam it.

Now if you are a GM mage, 110 mage or less, what is the % chance to cure? If you don't have the protection spell cast you are likely to be 'disrupted' each and every time you try to cast and even if not disrupted will have a 0 to less than 35% (maybe 5% at gm or 20 at 110?) ,who knows, chance to actually cast it.

At dreadhorn or at paroxysmus you may as well just get used to dying by lethal poison, when dreadhorn hits you as well as poisons at the same time odds are you are already on 1/4 or less health, if you have to attempt to get an arch cure off that is going to be unsuccessful two thirds of the time or LESS, and probably NEVER if you have less than 120 mage, grey will be the only colour you see 95% of the time and in paroxsymus probably 100% of the time as without a way to have 100% success chance you may as well forget it. Even with the 100% success chance it still requires very good timing to get it off in time to assist groups and stop others and yourself from dying . The 120 mages are usually the ONLY way to effectively heal groups at these dungeons as a hit with poison by one of these needs instant cure to 'save' the person as even trying to bandy heal against it will just not give you the time to get it off before seeing grey. Most pvm'ers are not in the habit of carting around copious amounts of cure pots, nor want to be disarming shields to counter a lethal spamming boss monster, you may as well not equip your shield on these things if that is the case as it will be in your backpack for the whole thing anyways while you constantly chug pots to cure given death is pretty much guaranteed with no 100% arch cure ability.

This to me is an incredibly stupid nerf, one that was not asked for, not complained about and should not even be considered. But as in all things, like the nerf to the Bos's, a poorly thought out, unasked for change, which will happen irrespective of the MAJORITY of players not wanting it, put in, for whatever reason by someone who probably hardly or never actually plays UO who thinks is a 'good' idea, when in actual fact it will just add another thing to make playing UO LESS enjoyable for the many.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could not agree more with what you said! This is a major nerf on something that should NEVER HAPPEN!! Again I stress with all the other problems going on in this game..Why break a new thing that doesnt need to be broken??!! maybe the Gods/Devs want us to try out thy test server more. No clue. But this like bos and other things is so stupid. Do they want us to quit paying there pay checks????? Come on now.

hey for those who did the poison thing great! But heck what about stealing? hrm. what about all the other skills that are in our menu that I think NO ONE ever uses anymore? Are they going to try and make those skills usefull again? Let

I say let the things that are going good stay good and try to fix the things people are talking about.

Shrugs..Maybe the Devs like drama too? That or trying to make peerlesses harder. Man on man. Don't they get it yet? The damage is done. Let the game be what it is. Fix what people are talking about!

G

Now you know as well as I that this is two pronged !and it is always the honest players who suffer

G

<blockquote><hr>

The poisoner required NO expense in MILLIONS in a 120 poison scroll (yes I know they don't exist), nor had to expend the additional 20 skill points to get lethal poison ability, they get that at basic gm level.

[/ QUOTE ]

GM Poison's not exactly free or cheap to train, even with Alchemy &amp; the time to source your own regs and grind your own pots taken into account. Nor should Grand Master have ever been considered "basic" level for any skill, but scrolls buggered that up. Think of the many advantages 120 Magery has over GM Magery &amp; consider if that boost has ever been granted to GM-limited skills like Poisoning.

The nerf pendulum has swung the opposite way yet again; some of the people rejoice, the rest protest.

This may be beside the point, but: shouldn't lethal poison be lethal?

G

Neither is magery free or cheap to train. In fact, if you trained magery like I did by using regs, it is quite expensive, and you need again to source your own regs etc as with poisoning. And in the past 5 years I have never seen a 120 magery powerscroll go below 8 million gps, so you can buy a heck of a lot of kegs for that amount, in fact about 800,000 of them, enough to train everyone on Oceania in poisoning and then some.

And by basic it was not a thing against being 'GM' but when they implemented powerscrolls they assured people that you did not need to have them to play UO effectively. If anything at GM level magery you should have at least an 95-100% chance to cure on an arch cure spell (it is a 4th level mage spell) with the lessening from that point.

If a GM poisoner can hit lethal poison at gm level, and 100 poisoning skill = 100% chance to inflict lethal poisoning to a target through infectious strike, PvP or PvM, then a gm Mage should be able to cast cure at the same level' ..... yes?

The 100% success rate only comes at 120 on Arch Cure. If a GM poisoner wants to hit Lethal at 100% success rate then they should introduce a 120 poison scroll which will sell for 5 mil + for it to be 'fair' don't you think.

And it isn't just 120 magery you need, I doubt you will find a single 120 mage out there without at least GM but normally 120 Eval Intel as one without the other is not worth having, so basically to get the full effect of using 120 mage you are really needing 220-240 skill points or if you need meditation add another 100-120 points. Eval Intel is a totally 'useless' skill stand alone, so a mage has had to sacrifice 100 skill points minimum towards this to make their offensive mage spells worth casting. So yes, I still believe the proposed change to Arch Cure is a total nerf.

This will be the hardest spell to cast in game successfully if it goes in as planned, a forth level mage spell. Do you not think this is a seriously flawed proposition?

Poisoning is not nearly as hard to train as it used to be. In fact it can be gained within a day or week if it is something you really want to get up, not forever like it used to.

To have a 35% chance to cure with an Arch Cure spell at 120 magery is totally LUDICROUS.

G

Yeah, the 120 million threads on Uhall over the years, and public outcry and shard demonstration rallies about Arch Cure was really getting to everyone, would hate to think that they would address speedhacking, scripting, duping, broken quests, and all those other minor irritations first.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Neither is magery free or cheap to train. In fact, if you trained magery like I did by using regs, it is quite expensive, and you need again to source your own regs etc as with poisoning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well that's just foolish. LRC/LMC/MR suit and a wand, no skill use delay, pretty well free or at least cheap.

<blockquote><hr>

And in the past 5 years I have never seen a 120 magery powerscroll go below 8 million gps, so you can buy a heck of a lot of kegs for that amount, in fact about 800,000 of them, enough to train everyone on Oceania in poisoning and then some.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you're buying GP/DP kegs for 10gp a pop. Also, last I checked, you can't get kegs for free from doing a spawn.

<blockquote><hr>

If a GM poisoner can hit lethal poison at gm level, and 100 poisoning skill = 100% chance to inflict lethal poisoning to a target through infectious strike, PvP or PvM, then a gm Mage should be able to cast cure at the same level' ..... yes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cast it all you want, but GM is only "basic" skill level for a mage, as you pointed out.

<blockquote><hr>

The 100% success rate only comes at 120 on Arch Cure. If a GM poisoner wants to hit Lethal at 100% success rate then they should introduce a 120 poison scroll which will sell for 5 mil + for it to be 'fair' don't you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, not fair at all for reasons already outlined.

<blockquote><hr>

And it isn't just 120 magery you need, I doubt you will find a single 120 mage out there without at least GM but normally 120 Eval Intel as one without the other is not worth having, so basically to get the full effect of using 120 mage you are really needing 220-240 skill points or if you need meditation add another 100-120 points. Eval Intel is a totally 'useless' skill stand alone, so a mage has had to sacrifice 100 skill points minimum towards this to make their offensive mage spells worth casting. So yes, I still believe the proposed change to Arch Cure is a total nerf.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what being a mage is, uses complimentary skills, otherwise you're restricted to summons and mindblast. Being a nox mage you need all that AND poisoning, or being a nox dexxer you need a bunch of dexxer skills AND poisoning.

<blockquote><hr>

Poisoning is not nearly as hard to train as it used to be. In fact it can be gained within a day or week if it is something you really want to get up, not forever like it used to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Poisoning in a day? Unlikely, but 120 magery in a few hard hours surely.

<blockquote><hr>

To have a 35% chance to cure with an Arch Cure spell at 120 magery is totally LUDICROUS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there, is should be 0%.. nothing should cure "lethal" poison.

G

<font color="blue"> Well that's just foolish. LRC/LMC/MR suit and a wand, no skill use delay, pretty well free or at least cheap. </font>

Yep and as I said, when I started training magery I used regs, how many newby players have access to all that stuff? And while a poisoner has a delay on skill, so does a mage, it is called mana, once you get to over 70 for each few spells you cast you get the 'wait for mana' delay.

<font color="blue"> And in the past 5 years I have never seen a 120 magery powerscroll go below 8 million gps, so you can buy a heck of a lot of kegs for that amount, in fact about 800,000 of them, enough to train everyone on Oceania in poisoning and then some.</font>

Yeah, was wording it differently then changed it forgot to change the figure, but you don't need anywhere close to a 1000 kegs either. And to buy nightshade (the only reg needed to make poison), and isn't all deadly either you don't need that til the end, costs 2gp ea for shade if buying in fel so 200 gps a lesser 1 shade x 100 bottles= keg, 400 per keg for normal, 800 a keg for greater and 1600 for lethal at 2gps per shade. Even if you used 100 deadly poison kegs to train that is only 160,000. And ok, quibble about 'losses' when making kegs, so lets make it 200k. A bit different than spending 8 + mil not to mention 120 mage at the moment is around 13-15 mil, 8 mil is the cheapest I have seen it since starting 5 yrs ago.

<font color="blue"> Cast it all you want, but GM is only "basic" skill level for a mage, as you pointed out.</font>

No idea why you seem to want to make an argument out of the word 'basic'. All chars were based on a 7 x gm char originally so I class basic as the basis of what you SHOULD need to play a skill effectively without the need to upgrade to a powerscroll. I guess your wanting to be argumentative on that word for some reason. At basic GM mage you SHOULD be able to cure arch cure at at least 95-100% of the time as it is a forth level mage spell.

<font color="blue"> Nope, not fair at all for reasons already outlined. </font>

Lost me on that one, no idea what you mean.

<font color="blue"> That's what being a mage is, uses complimentary skills, otherwise you're restricted to summons and mindblast. Being a nox mage you need all that AND poisoning, or being a nox dexxer you need a bunch of dexxer skills AND poisoning.
</font>

Yes so those saying 'I put a 100 points to poisoning therefore I should get 100% success on it and a mage who puts 120 to magery shouldn't get 100% to a 4th level mage spell is what? I am not getting into the why's and wherefores of dif characters, all templates have skills which are 'complimentary' if a mage wants poisoning yes, they need to devote the 100 points to it as does a dexor. It doesn't mean that a poisoner deserves any 'special' treatment in having a spell that cannot be countered by another template does it? And remember we are talking 120 mages, anything less than that and you are going to be disrupted or fail on lethal most of the time anyways. With this change even at 120 you are going to fail 65% of the time in casting a level 4 spell. You are probly insta dead on anything less than 120.

<font color="blue"> Poisoning in a day? Unlikely, but 120 magery in a few hard hours surely. </font>

Well have seen it done, you don't need a gazllion daggers anymore, and as for getting mage in a few hours, only if you 'cheat' perhaps. I have been training a few mages lately and via normal training using KR macros to cast with repeat functions it is still slow once you get over 80 to get to 120 well even slower mainly due to mana, as even with full med and mr armor you are still restricted by mana, and meditating to get it up is a lot longer than the delay on poisoning, but yes, anything can be trained in a week now with effort, accept probably taming.

<font color="blue"> I agree with you there, is should be 0%.. nothing should cure "lethal" poison. </font>

As I said above, WoD should be 100% on that basis. The bite of a funnel web spider can be 'lethal' unless you have the cure. I find that argument kinda silly. Nothing in this game should have 0% counter to it.

Edit: anyways, thats my view on it, and given that I read the boards pretty much daily, I have never seen a request to modify 'Arch Cure' nor ever seen anyone complaining about it being over-powered. In fact I would estimate that the majority of people (the 75% who don't pvp) only use the spell for dreadhorn, paroxysmus, rotters and yamadons, and in all those cases a cure for 35% of the time is a waste of spell as the rng the way it is means you are probly going to be dead before getting it off and those of your friends you are there to provide the cure for will be dead along with you. If poisoner's need 'love' then give them love, don't do it by nerfing something someone else has, let them make poison bombs or give them other stuff to make the use of 100 points more effective. So tired of them nerfing one thing to cater for a small thing somewhere else and tossing more imbalance into the game.

S

StarlaUO

There are 2 sides to it. Firstly, to be able to arch cure and counter lethal poison 1/3 of the time with 120 magery is a bit drastic. 66-75 % of the time would be fairer. 100% of the time is really too much.

Posioning has been a waste of skill points prior to this cause a simple cure potion can counter 100 skill points invested into a packed template. Expecially with the 70/90 tactic skills requirement for special moves. (yes infectious strike do not need tactics, but before this change implemented, infectious stirke is useless when its so easily counter) And an effective noxmage requires bleed and other specials.

If this nerf to archcure would have to be implemented, some other issues regarding poisoning should be addressed as well vefore release. Does chivalry need to be 120 for cleanse by fire to be effective and should it has same probability to cure (rather than based on karma). Ninja can inflict deadly with no posioning skill invested. Is it fair for Vampire form to be invincible to all levels of poisons (except lethal). And orange petals and cure pots effective level.

How hard is it to train the skills should never be brought into discussion. If the diffficulty to train skill is taken into consideration how powerful a character should become, legendary tamers should be god-like. GM begger should get 100k gold per beg. Poisoning is definitely a lot harder than magery prior to removal of anti-macro code. You will die of carpal tunnel if you don't use UO-assist. And the joy of going through 500 different targets with no gain.... but thats just the past...

Whatever been said, the change may just be implemented as it is and later some bandaid change will be introduced....

G

<font color="blue"> Posioning has been a waste of skill points prior to this cause a simple cure potion can counter 100 skill points invested into a packed template. </font>

This has not changed, in fact it is just forcing mages to carry pots instead, and these are useless for PVM when in the peerless dungeons to arch cure those effected by spammed lethal poison or to cure pets.

<font color="blue"> Does chivalry need to be 120 for cleanse by fire to be effective and should it has same probability to cure </font>

As far as I am aware chiv heal, heals through poison, although you remain poisoned. I don't know if 120 chiv 'cleanse by fire' will not disrupt and be 100% successful as I don't have a char with 120 chiv yet, though am close on one lol.

Petals are useless against lethal poison.

<font color="blue"> (yes infectious strike do not need tactics, but before this change implemented, infectious stirke is useless when its so easily counter)</font>
However as I said above, 100 poisoning skill = 100% chance to inflict lethal poisoning to a target through infectious strike, yet they are giving the mage 35% chance at 120 magery to effectively cure this, and this is totally unbalancing. As it is now only at 120 magery can you get 100% chance, less than that you are likley to fail a cure more often than not.

<font color="blue"> Poisoning is definitely a lot harder than magery prior to removal of anti-macro code. You will die of carpal tunnel if you don't use UO-assist. And the joy of going through 500 different targets with no gain.... but thats just the past...</font>

Yes but that is in the past, now you don't need 500 targets, nor do you need UO assist if you use KR. Taming is the only skill, I agree, that is still the hardest to 'raise' most others can be done in a day to a week.

My whole point is they nerf one spell that no-one has complained about and that is used by 75% of non pvpers for specific dungeons and targets and nerfed it to where it will be totally useless for what the intent of the spell is, while not even modifying, or suggesting modifications to the things like pots, % chance to lethal poison, the monster UI so that in those dungeons the lethal spam won't just end up wiping out everyone.

I could understand a focus on this spell IF there had ever been any major complaints about it being overpowered or unbalancing, however, why devote time to this which was a 'non' issue when they leave in so many broken things that people have been vocally complaining about for years. Including but not being limited to 'non' love for poisoners

I

imported_UOPODCASTING.COM

Well it appears to have been a storm in a tea cup, they have reverted this change due to public pressure.

Nothing to see here, move along.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Well it appears to have been a storm in a tea cup, they have reverted this change due to public pressure.

Nothing to see here, move along.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew they'd cave in to the whingers, eventually.. it's UO after all, lol..

I wonder if they considered you can only cop one dose of poison at a time, but you can possibly cure multiple targets at once? All moot now, I guess, they've saved us ever having to think about poison (or any aspect of the game) again.

Ahh, well.. was fun to pretend for a while.

F

five oclock

LoL..thats all. Seriously...Not crying but in all honestly..there are SO many different thing the Devs need to work on....Why fix something thats not broke? Heck nerf evil omen as one person said. Just saying UO has nerfed ALOT of things over the years and the ones that are left. Us are getting tired of it. But are too dang stubborn to quit playing.

As for people crying....Im not going to go there

G

<blockquote><hr>

I knew they'd cave in to the whingers, eventually.. it's UO after all, lol..

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually this is the first time I have actually seen them take any notice of the players on a change that was stupid to start with before it actually got implemented, other than punkbuster and the diminishing returns stuff, and then I actually don't think it was the 'players' that actually influenced those issues not being put in but 'other' issues.

If it was poison in pvp that was a problem, fix it in pvp, to turn round and nerf the whole spell for a mi

nority pvp view was not the way to do it, especially at the proposed levels. To put in a 'fix' that allowed poisoners at 100 skill to have 100% success chance to poison, and leave the 'victim' 35% chance to cure at 120 skill was always going to be screamed down, nothing to do with people 'whinging' as you put it. As Shane started this thread, the title said it all.

He as well the majority of people could see the implications on what such a nerf would do.

I would rather see them withdraw this and implement something that does not just create another problem to solve a problem. The game is in the state it is in because of these ad hoc, ill-thought out 'fixes' as we all know and this would have been another one of them if implemented.

Poisoners may need attention, the skill may need more 'grunt' to make it worth those 100 points. But support stuff that is balanced, and enhances the skill without just nerfing the only way others can counter it. That was the moronic part, and the fact they didn't even consider the pvm implications to start with was basically gross negligence.

Arch Cure is a defensive spell, one use a lot by mages as nominated 'healers' in pvm groups. In pvm Dreadhorn , Paroxsymus and the Yamadon do not 'only' poison one person at a time. Often people have 'roles' in group fights, which is a playstyle that encourages joint co-operation and team play. Arch Cure has been in the game for years without so much as a 'gripe' on the forum until now. And as you saw, 95% of these 'gripes' were against the change as most could see how silly it was.

When people put up solid argument against a proposed change and that argument is valid, then I don't think it 'fair' to say they were caving in to the 'whingers'.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I don't think it 'fair' to say they were caving in to the 'whingers'.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone gets what they want and they're still complaining about fairness.. would I call that a whinge?

It's far from being the first time or even the 50th time UO has been decided by player pressure.. whoever makes the loudest noise wins, always the way.

Ask yourself how much clout the tamers have as a lobby group has vs say, gardeners, smiths, alchemists, paladins, etc (or even all those combined).

Re: PvM/peerless, you can have two/three people casting Arch Cure if that's a huge problem, it's teamwork. Peerless were never meant to be solo'd. 3x people casting AC will give you 3 chances at that 1/3 chance to cure, 3/3 = 100%. Honestly, anything adds a little challenge to the game &amp; some people scream blue murder.

F

five oclock

Fink you bring up alot of good points.

The sad part of whining is this tho
alot of people been doing it for years. Heck look at AoS. and still its here.

I do agree poison needs to be worked in pvp...
But thats the problem when they made tram and fel. There are two different worlds with two different playing options. I can steal in fel but not in tram. Why can't poison be fixed in fel and not in tram then? That would be a better solution than just saying thats it Poison is fixed everywhere. For Poison is ALOT better at PvP that it is at PvM.

G

<font color="blue"> Re: PvM/peerless, you can have two/three people casting Arch Cure if that's a huge problem, it's teamwork. Peerless were never meant to be solo'd. 3x people casting AC will give you 3 chances at that 1/3 chance to cure, 3/3 = 100%. Honestly, anything adds a little challenge to the game &amp; some people scream blue murder. </font>

LOL knowing the rng at a 35% chance all three would fail.

It was a change being considered from a pvp angle only, and it wasn't going to 'add a little challenge' in for the dexxors and nox mages was it?

It was going to make them nearly invincible unless the victim was carrying a huge amount of pots to counter it.

Now if they did the 35% arch cure success and did a 35-50% chance to poison for the poisoners at max skill then fine, there would of been some balance.

Anyways, they have rethought it and in my view that is good.

D

dum3886

Stumpy y don't u make the nushpapa clone now :p... u know the template of it(if u don't know exactly ask me to icq u it here haaha) and prolly are one of the only ocieanians that has the resources to buy a suit for it

D

dum3886

well seeing he doesn't play...then for those who would like a gimplete.. use this- warning suit will cost about 200 mill i would say to get.. to get a suit thats all almost 70s 10mr 40 lmc 4:5 or better fc:fcr 45 hci 30+ dci (preferably no shield)... 30 dci is fine u have like 2 forms of healing so u won't die too early...

HUMAN FORM(for tracking skill)
105 chiv
80 poison
120 ninja
80 stealth---&gt;[95]
100 hide
120 fencing
100 tactics ---&gt;[115]

U were close stumpy but didn;t get my template exactly hehe :p...

... yes no resist just use trapped boxes and well seeing i don't play anymore... i did use E@syuo to use an auto release trapped boxes... thats y a 4 man opk gank couldn't get me (even when rons were on me)... unless its like 4 mages and thye quad flamestrike me
, no i didn't use it for watever chomrik was using it for... that auto pot crap or watever.. only auto release trapped boxes
... nice to have quit uo i can release my hidden secrets haaha...

Need a 4:5 (minimum fc)
as much mr/40lmc as u can get around 10mr is good Medable suit off course
a kryss preferablly... leafblade+ assassins dagger is good too (godly weapon would have fc1,hld,lighting,hci,ssi(if not a assasins dagger))
lots of pots

Lots of Bolas
Lots of Smoke bombs..
afew orange petals

Strategy... Bola-smokebomb-remount-DP/DS/AI/HL spam...if they r pot carries just DS/AI/HL spam them.. ur ais will do 35 + lighting damage of the time so tracking ds + ai + lighting(luck) + HL... 2 hits = Maciumum 100ish damage

very gimp bcz of chiv heal... ninja wolf form for running.. and insta get aways due to smoke bombs :p.... OPK (old one) loved me...

This template can go red... just regain ur karma once a day... i played red with like no karma half the time and i did ok... only thing u lose is remove curse... u can live with only 25 hp heals... bcz chiv heal is so fast