• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

The 2D client reimagined.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That looks like a giant leap back to the 80's... maybe it's just me but that looked more like classic Nintendo.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The shown artwork itself looks nice.
The question is how it would fit into along with old tiles.
But it is still the same small resolution like the rest.

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really like the artwork here... the blacksmith shop looks really cool and is kind of UOish. Whats the purpose of this though? New UO client or new game? If the former, definitely a pipe dream unless the devs hire whoever did this.

Phantasmagorian

Sage
Supporter
I don't have to like the artwork as it is exactly,.. this just helped me to start picturing a higher fidelity 2d engine for UO... It would be glorious... and definitely stand out today. As for its purpose...it's not quite clear. It seems this person started making this for fun and then decided the work can be used either for a new game and to replace the graphics in UO.. that ambition is described on some blog.

The Youtube channel: CakeForge

He stopped posting in December last year, and in April last year on social media... Full Version LandFall 2.0.0

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hopefully he is still working on this... could def be a cool game. More like UO Online 2. Current game is too convoluted with nonsense to have another client/engine.

Chanel #1

Adventurer
The main thing I love about the CC is the nostalgia I feel from using it - and that's primarily based around the artwork and sound effects. Even with the functionality of the EC, I have trouble using it because I can't deal with how my character looks. Also, when I buy rares, I try to stick to original graphics. Even the new clothing kinda bugs me, but maybe it's just because I'm not used to it yet.

I love the concept, though. From the few images shown, it looks a lot like Shards Online.

Kartman

Adventurer
Thanks for good words.
I am using old resolution but there is capability for high resolution.

The shown artwork itself looks nice.
The question is how it would fit into along with old tiles.
But it is still the same small resolution like the rest.

Kartman

Adventurer
Greetings Ryz and rest of Ultima community ,
I never realized that it will get that far. Thanks for sharing at Stratics community.

The project did not ended in December it's still going on. I am doing it in spear time and trying my best to find time and update frequently the blog for new Ultima Online art , game assets etc. Bringing something new, fresh with "Ultimish" style. Doing it for fun and don't have huge expectant but maybe could turn out as indie game anyway too early to talk about that. It's a joyful journey to see where will bring me and I hope you have the same fun as I have.

Personal blog: Nice Goodies

Cheers !

( Featured on official EA - UltimaOnline.kr and UltimaCodex)
sorry about English grammar.

Here some pictures from Ultima Online LandFall project:
  • Cover poster for Ultima Online LandFall project:
  • Sketches from project
  • Lates version 2.2
  • Personal blog rebranding updates

• In Making Ultima Online LandFall project
  • Reddit Work shop community:
I don't have to like the artwork as it is exactly,.. this just helped me to start picturing a higher fidelity 2d engine for UO... It would be glorious... and definitely stand out today. As for its purpose...it's not quite clear. It seems this person started making this for fun and then decided the work can be used either for a new game and to replace the graphics in UO.. that ambition is described on some blog.

The Youtube channel: CakeForge

He stopped posting in December last year, and in April last year on social media... Full Version LandFall 2.0.0

Last edited:

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
THIS is what a modern day MMO should look like .. BDO is just gorgeous. Imagine running round a Sosaria that looked like this ...

Though I still feel UO would look best in 2.5D (ie KR), can't deny this game looks really nice :)

Oh and LOL on "I was on 'The List' - Stratics 2016", really?

arkiu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
BDO.... ehhhhh I dunno if I ever want UO to look anything like this.. Reminds me of another tacky MMO. On the other hand, congrats to the person who thought that human being mating with reindeer was a good idea (bottom right char from above image).....

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BDO.... ehhhhh I dunno if I ever want UO to look anything like this.. Reminds me of another tacky MMO. On the other hand, congrats to the person who thought that human being mating with reindeer was a good idea (bottom right char from above image).....
Yeah Britain or Luna would look just awful realised in this sort of detail wouldnt it.
/end sarcasm

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want to play a fancy, modern MMO, you are welcome to log out of UO and log in to one of the newer MMOs. I don't want my UO looking like that, no.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some of these examples really look great, but I need 2D or 2.5D because I am too stupid for walking around in 3D. I really tried many games. I dont like 3D.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think some of these examples really look great, but I need 2D or 2.5D because I am too stupid for walking around in 3D. I really tried many games. I dont like 3D.

Kartman

Adventurer
Ultima Online games style is very sensitive question based on individual UO gamer. I Hope UO developer team will find the way to make something what UO community will appreciate.

3D wouldn't be ideal for Ultima Online but I think "Pillars of Eternity" have very great game style. it's 2.5D and some 3D elements. Something what personally I would love to create.

here are some screenshots:

full album - link

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
3D wouldn't be ideal for Ultima Online but I think "Pillars of Eternity" have very great game style. it's 2.5D and some 3D elements. Something what personally I would love to create.
I think these are my favorite graphics so far. Relatively clean, not over stylized (anime), and keeping with the 3rd person perspective which I prefer. I could get on board with something like this. :)