• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thats it, reactivated and now im done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sherkborg

After a 5 year leave, im done. I thought the game went to the sewers after pub 16. I came back and it was even worse and then I quit again. 5 years later I decided to give the game one last shot since ... well it was going 5 years still.

Yep, this game is by far the worst game ive played to date. Not only has the quality of the game gone exponentially downhill, the same hacks cheats and exploits still exist and yet every day im beat down by poor coding of there dev team. Replace your house and delete most of your items? Yes please! Unfair AI? Yes please! Perma stun pets till they die? Yes please! 5/10 casting mobs? Yes please! No gms? Yes please! Remakes of puke based 3d clients? Yes please!

Well its for sure another time for me to hang up my account after .... actually barely making it 30 days (33 to be exact) and quite honestly this game is by far the worst game ive played to date recently and I wasnt asking for much... I cant even pvm in this game without being clearly cheated on by the AI and getting bug defeated constantly.

Crap rant yes, but this post needs to be added with the rest of the people who have ranted/quit so when the game finally ends no one has to ask... why did it end? Oh right! Read the million posts over 10 years explaining why this game isnt as good as any other and thats why. Why didnt they ever change it/fix it/make it to how the players wanted? ... I dont freaking know, but oh well. Bye once again UO, maybe in 10 years the game will fix one bug or two, but thats even looking grim.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WEll apparently this game isnt for you. Take care bye bye,so long.

I enjoy it.

Q

quig

why did it end? Oh right! Read the million posts over 10 years explaining why this game isnt as good as any other and thats why. [/QUOTE said:
That almost reads like an oxymoron :p. Ya a lot of times UO sucks, but its still fun.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why did it end? Oh right! Read the million posts over 10 years explaining why this game isnt as good as any other and thats why.
That almost reads like an oxymoron :p. Ya a lot of times UO sucks, but its still fun.
More than that. If UO sucked so bad it wouldn't still be around for over 10 years :p

Fat Midnight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After a 5 year leave, im done. I thought the game went to the sewers after pub 16. I came back and it was even worse and then I quit again. 5 years later I decided to give the game one last shot since ... well it was going 5 years still.

Yep, this game is by far the worst game ive played to date. Not only has the quality of the game gone exponentially downhill, the same hacks cheats and exploits still exist and yet every day im beat down by poor coding of there dev team. Replace your house and delete most of your items? Yes please! Unfair AI? Yes please! Perma stun pets till they die? Yes please! 5/10 casting mobs? Yes please! No gms? Yes please! Remakes of puke based 3d clients? Yes please!

Well its for sure another time for me to hang up my account after .... actually barely making it 30 days (33 to be exact) and quite honestly this game is by far the worst game ive played to date recently and I wasnt asking for much... I cant even pvm in this game without being clearly cheated on by the AI and getting bug defeated constantly.

Crap rant yes, but this post needs to be added with the rest of the people who have ranted/quit so when the game finally ends no one has to ask... why did it end? Oh right! Read the million posts over 10 years explaining why this game isnt as good as any other and thats why. Why didnt they ever change it/fix it/make it to how the players wanted? ... I dont freaking know, but oh well. Bye once again UO, maybe in 10 years the game will fix one bug or two, but thats even looking grim.

Shoots and ladders, or "you win" seems more like your pace. Try that maybe.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More than that. If UO sucked so bad it wouldn't still be around for over 10 years :p
Yeah it would. People paying for housing + very aggressive money harvesting (both paying subscription, expansions and extra bonus in the shop) means that UO can survive, not that its so much better.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well seeing as you are in the offensive kinda mood, who really cares

why not just slip away quietly, you will not be missed

I have started the enhanced client and bearing in mind its still beta, i think its amazing and am loving the "learning" thing again

so thanks for well, nothing

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Replace your house and delete most of your items?
After 3 months of inactivity your house will fall with all the items inside. If you don't want to lose your house, just keep your account active or put the most valuable items in bank.

Unfair AI?
The AI is good, probably you played super mario world since now and an ettin is too smart for you :D

Perma stun pets till they die?
Never heard about that, but if your pet is stucked somewhere, go to a safe location and re-login so it will appear near you.

5/10 casting mobs?
If they can cast faster than you they'll be too easy to take down. I'm one of the many player who is able to take down high level monster without cheat. How can we survive? good equipment and game experience :)

ok, this is a problem sometimes...

Remakes of puke based 3d clients?
3D client is much more powerfull than 2D, but still in beta so you must accept some bugs...

cant even pvm in this game without being clearly cheated on by the AI and getting bug defeated constantly.
If the AI beat you, try something easier. Actually I don't see any bug in pvm who gets you defeated. Just find some friends and a good equip then speak :p

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well its for sure another time for me to hang up my account after .... actually barely making it 30 days (33 to be exact)
?? barely 30 days yet you played 33? ... lol

dude I played one day of EQ before I knew I wouldn't like it ... you had to like something in order to play over a month of UO again.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Kid try to take out something whose AI is too much due to lack of experience and got his arse handed to him and is now nerd rage. :stretcher: :sad2:

C

Cloak&Dagger

Kid try to take out something whose AI is too much due to lack of experience and got his arse handed to him and is now nerd rage. :stretcher: :sad2:
He basically likes a game where you hit x level and take no damage from x level monsters? I mean really, what part of the AI is unfair? I am not the largest fan of casting monsters because of the speed, but if they cast any slower I wouldn't even have to try....(well on a mage they are a bit of a nuisance anyway)

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Kid tried to solo slasher on his EPIC 4/6 dexer, and now he is raging.

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unfair AI? Yes please! Perma stun pets till they die? Yes please! QUOTE]

... so i think he may have went to navrey and got webbed and died with his normal non greater dragon. if so, he needs to realize navrey is a BOSS not a normal dungeon monster. You cant play pre pub 16 uo, come back for a minute, quit again, finally come back AGAIN and expect the game to be the same. Even players that were gone from UO a year still have a learning curve to get back into top form.
Some of your problems are annoyances we deal with in uo (lack of gm power, mob cast speed) but the rest seem to be due to your own ignorance. since you know of stratics and uhall then you cant claim lack of resources for UO info.
UO has a steep learning curve and it can be a good thing. It takes time and work to become fluent in UOise and that keeps you interested. If you want to hit max lvl and gear and then be bored, go play WoW or one of its clones. With UO you max your skills and get uber gear but you no longer just sit bored showin it off (like pre pub 16 with tamers with mares n gstaff sittin at bank) Even maxed skills and gear theres still plenty of challenges, some are soloable and some of the newer ones you need a group (its a MMO remember)
Dont even need to go into all the non fighting stuff UO has over other games.

So if you want an animated chat room with easy fighting then go play the F2P crap thats all over the internet. We'll still be here enjoying a Real MMO

TMC Crowley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your going to quit just quit . I for one can't understand people coming to the boards to cry . I can understanding saying goodbye to friends but to cry because you cant cut it all i can say is bye and don't let the door hit you on your a$$ one the way out ......

M

Megilhir

Interesting.

Guy came here to rant and vent.

People attacked him; told him to just leave.

Why not IGNORE the post?

If you do not heed fear it does not exist. Transfer thatconcept to posts you disagree with.

To OP, perhaps LoTR would suit you. It is Free-to-Play now.

Lastly, I do agree that double-tap casting monsters suck.

S

sherkborg

Well this is good, actually more fun then playing the game. Apparently half of you read the first post, and of those, half actually commented rather then ranted themselfs.

Viper09
"More than that. If UO sucked so bad it wouldn't still be around for over 10 years "
See: Lord Chaos: "Yeah it would. People paying for housing + very aggressive money harvesting (both paying subscription, expansions and extra bonus in the shop) means that UO can survive, not that its so much better."

Games can survive with little to no people. Shadowbane had < 500 online ever and went years and years and years.

Fat Midnight: "Shoots and ladders, or "you win" seems more like your pace. Try that maybe."
See: Try fighting the AI, clearly you have no idea how it acts, how hard or easy it is. I dont like to win, but I dont like losing due to cheating code.

Jack flash: "why not just slip away quietly, you will not be missed"

See: "Crap rant yes, but this post needs to be added with the rest of the people who have ranted/quit so when the game finally ends no one has to ask..."

Pinco: 1. Not even the same issue. I had a active house. Demoed it on choice, replaced it ontop of my items, most were deleted. And by most I mean atleast 75% I have nothing left. The items were not found even by 3rd party programs.
2. Never played super mario. Also double flame striking on a 4/6 casting mob with 2 screens of range is skill how so? Explain pls.
3. You relog while your pets low life and getting mob stomped and let me know if that fixes your stunned pet. Chances are a dead pet will be unstunned yes.
4. (Last question/response) If I have to hunt with other people then this game is done. There arnt enough people to do that, and to take people to hunt dragons who for the last 8+ years since release have been easily soloable? Ya no thx.

G.V.P.: By barely I mean I played 2 weeks and was raging and took some time off. Came back after a week and barely played a day or two. I struggled after the first week to play giving it many chances and during that time, yes it sucked and was painful to play. So thats why I say barely.

Kaleb: So mobs have no casting delay and suddenly im noob because they can nearly kill you in a second unless your a uber 2/6 healer mage? Ya what happened to people playing different templates but are suddenly now forced to play one template that can heal a no casting delay mob? Ya skill buddy. Coming into a screen only to get double flame striked with a para is so challanging I dont know what to do. Usually I run away heal and come back to get the same thing. Explain to me where skill is in this situation? Yes I could run a uber 120 resist mysticism mage and be fine but... is UO really only 1 template?

Cetric: Wrong post buddy.

Xalan: Real mmo? Vs what? What fake mmo am I refering to? I dont like fake mmos, I play a few and this one is the worse. So UO is the fake one which your refering to? I dont get it.

TMC: Read the opening post. It explains everything but not your generic rant on a rant.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im noob because they can nearly kill you in a second unless your a uber 2/6 healer mage? Ya what happened to people playing different templates but are suddenly now forced to play one template that can heal a no casting delay mob? Ya skill buddy. Coming into a screen only to get double flame striked with a para is so challanging I dont know what to do. Usually I run away heal and come back to get the same thing. Explain to me where skill is in this situation? Yes I could run a uber 120 resist mysticism mage and be fine but... is UO really only 1 template?
The first bolded part is the problem. The game isnt.
Maybe just maybe you could try to figgure out a way to counter things instead of this raging crybaby post of yours.
I really cant understand how you can find the PVM content in UO to be hard.

And to note on the seconde bolded part. There is absolutley no skill in what YOU are doing. The skill would have been to counter what happened, get 120 resist on your template, heal or use a healing pot when damaged, use a traped box when parad. Invis to cancel agro, hit evasion if you have parry/bush, ETC ETC ETC ETC TEC !!!1!!1one!111!

You suck bro

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If UO is so crap then why has it lasted as long as it has and still going, UO will still be around when all your wannabe games like WoW etc are confined to the trash can. After all these years there is STILL NOTHING that comes close to UO for game play.

If your bored take a break, (personally just back from a 6-7month break), if you do not know how to play UO join a decent guild and learn. and if that is too hard for you then go play tiddly winks or something easier.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah it would. People paying for housing + very aggressive money harvesting (both paying subscription, expansions and extra bonus in the shop) means that UO can survive, not that its so much better.
Such a stupid comment, even for you. Tons of people wouldn't be paying subscription fees, paying for the boosters and expansions to the point of keeping this game afloat and constantly bringing in new content periodically if they thought this game sucked so bad.

Maybe you like to pay for games you don't like but that certainly doesn't mean everyone else does.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mr OP,

i read ur post...all the posts after....the first half of me wants to help you and figure out what u were doing wrong, the second half realizes the type of person you are.

my 2nd half beat up my first half....later! pfft.

happy thanksgiving.

Melcor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If UO is so crap then why has it lasted as long as it has and still going, UO will still be around when all your wannabe games like WoW etc are confined to the trash can. After all these years there is STILL NOTHING that comes close to UO for game play.

If your bored take a break, (personally just back from a 6-7month break), if you do not know how to play UO join a decent guild and learn. and if that is too hard for you then go play tiddly winks or something easier.
I agree... I was never much of a powergamer so there are lots of things I've never done in the game, much less the new content. I think some people play the game like there's an end .. then all of a sudden "it sucks".

Status
Not open for further replies.