• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thanks Dev's - I Enjoyed the Doom Event!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i must say i got into DOOM a little late on this event as i was uber busy with work but when i finally did get in there with the guild mates we did some old school hard core farming!

on a related note i found that the max spawn for this room is 25 and the respawn time is between 70-90 seconds.

if your needing to fill your davies locker with low level maps you can pull 25 maps every 90 seconds out of here is ya have a good system going.
once i filled mine i would party anyone who came in and they could take all the maps they wanted.
had a few people who actually said they took out over 1000 maps!

was some old time fun, guild TS was a hoot, got to catch up with some good people ive been missing.

set up was 2-4 warriors/sampires with weapons that would do whirlwind or any other area attack and 2 ninja's casting 5 mirror images each.

Xavier-Catskills

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Plus they randomally drop greater+ artifacts, always brittle, but got some clean greater arti jewelry in here too, and a few low mod ssi10 pieces.

Reactions: Lug

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel sorry for anyone that did this event any other way.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
That room was the way to go for the Doom event.
But you had to have a good amount of people there, and get everyone partied, as drops seemed to happen far more often that way.

Fun stuff while it lasted.

Reactions: Lug

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That room was the way to go for the Doom event.
But you had to have a good amount of people there, and get everyone partied, as drops seemed to happen far more often that way.

Fun stuff while it lasted.
this is exactly right!
you didnt even have to party, the more spawn you got the faster the arties dropped.
i went in there one afternoon and the fella that was in there with his horse killing 4 per spawn was upset i was coming in, i told him to stick around and i guaranteed him the drops would flow like water, sure enough the fella was over the moon by the increase with the more people we got in that room.

i even went a little Billy Nye on it and did some testing.
one guy.
one guy plus ninja
one guy plus ninja plus 5 mirror images.
2 guys and ninja plus images.
3 guys...
4 guys....
the more people we got in there the more the drops.

makes sense, you are awarded points for each hit, so the more you get hits on the faster you get drops.

best i ever did was once i got 3 drops off of one spawn.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I feel sorry for anyone that did this event any other way.
I wouldn't feel too sorry. I only did mummies and RC's, and the occasional Devourers. I managed over 2k arties. We all find our own ways to do things. :)

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
At Legends we tended to have myst/weavers drop the "pixie bomb", summoning 5 pixies to add a total of 12 dark guardians to the spawn.
It was awesome and drops happened absurdly often. But when them dark guardians decided to dump pain spike at someone, said someone was always dead next tick. :p

I hope that they add rooms with this mechanism to the other dungeons at next Halloween events that will follow.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i spent a few nights out killing those big mutant smurfs (devourers) and it reminded me of when Doom came out and how much fun i had killing those.
those guys drop nice loot if your lucked out.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If they new how we played the game. And over farmed items and events to fill greed need. They would make the anti 8x8 with a nerve strike RNG drop chances. The further you are from your last drop the better your chance for another drop. Plug the effect in more areas to prevent theese squatter farming skills. Withh all the places to swing a pick axe or hatchet. Their is no reason in under an hours time anything could be mined or jacked by the same character. Maybe I'm just sour about seeing the ToT Elder room BS all over again. SSDD

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I generally did the mummies and rotters in the NW? area. Did okay. I didn't like seeing the same dragon doing the restless souls in the enclosed area no matter what time I logged on. And same for having the same dragon just to the east of the rotters no matter what time. On LA the mummies and rotters were generally neglected except for our group and two other guys - who could not have behaved more differently. One would basically say come on in and join the fun. The other guy would invariably start off with "f-off" when we attacked "his" spawn. That attitude does not get you far with me. And it just made us more committed to hitting every monster that spawned. Except for that one guy and seeing the same two dragons regardless of time of day, I enjoyed the event.

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last day I seen lazy tactic. One "victim" sit in corner invised, 5 mages casting EV via opened door. This should be fixed next time.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked the rewards, more than i liked the event.
I also just sat in the guardian room using my mystic mage, casting EV's. Stone form /nether cyclone wearing luck suit.
But deem it was boring, i really hope they make the next halloween better than this.

HippoRedux

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mystic spelleweaver w/sdi suit 1000ish luck and Undead book and 5 pixies farmed 6 rings, 2 talons, 2 boots, mace, crook, lantern and the books! Tmaps and gold got me 2 Luck talismans fm turn-in points whe I was able to loot, Like Poo said, hard to loot 25 bodies in 70 seconds!

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
did an experiment with luck while in there.
one warrior with over 3k one with none.
did it a couple times.
both times they ended up with the same or close enough to the same.

which kinda made sense to me cause the drops where point based not luck based.