• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank You..

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My home shard is Baja. The last couple of days I have been moving character to the ghost room for shard trades. Most evey character had to be created and course they enter through Haven. ALmost every time I came in someone there took the time to say hello and asked if I need anything.. rune mage books etc. I explained I was shard trading was from another shard that I was gonna die anyways and thanked them for the offer.

I have moved many characters this week on other shards and have not experienced warmer greetings from any other shard. Europa Rocks!

L

Lady_Mina

Welcome to Europa !

Yeah a lot of european players have a soft spot for people who have to start all over again or just started to play UO.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you ever move to EU full time, just PM me and I'll give you some stuff to get started :).

We are a pretty kind shard, but we are known for our drama *grin*.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa has a lot of nice players, one of the reasons I jumped ship from my American shard and came to Europa when it first opened. I had a feeling the experiance would be great to meet others from other countries. I have never looked back tbh, the ping was horrid during the early years with dial up but with cable its great to move around now. Give it a try and you might stay as well. :thumbsup:

B

Birdseye

My home shard is Baja. The last couple of days I have been moving character to the ghost room for shard trades. Most evey character had to be created and course they enter through Haven. ALmost every time I came in someone there took the time to say hello and asked if I need anything.. rune mage books etc. I explained I was shard trading was from another shard that I was gonna die anyways and thanked them for the offer.

I have moved many characters this week on other shards and have not experienced warmer greetings from any other shard. Europa Rocks!
Hate to sound nieve, but what exactly do you mean, about the 'ghost room'?

Is this a 'free' why to x shard items?

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hate to sound nieve, but what exactly do you mean, about the 'ghost room'?

Is this a 'free' why to x shard items?
There is no way to xshard items for free, he means the Casca room ;).

L

Lady_Mina

Probably some temporary room where your char is staying for a few days to complete the transfer.

Not sure tho...never transfered any of my chars in UO.

I did in an other game and noticed transfering chars can take up a few days.
In the meanwhile your chars are usualy stuck and you can't log on with them till the transfer is complete.

F

feath

the room is part of the event going on now. newbie char/dead means you can get through easier to collect reward points.

UO transfers usually take about 20-30minutes. during that time, you can't log into the account/shared you are transfering to.

F

feath

oh, and debi, we have a nice group of people who do nothing but sit in new haven and help young. And there are also guilds who use new haven for their meet up place, and most of them are recruiting young, or just helping out.
we really are a friendly bunch, over all, and are trying to invest in our new player base.

A

Anubis_cuk

oh, and debi, we have a nice group of people who do nothing but sit in new haven and help young. And there are also guilds who use new haven for their meet up place, and most of them are recruiting young, or just helping out.
we really are a friendly bunch, over all, and are trying to invest in our new player base.
Or resurgent old guilds from the start of Europa keen to recruit any good player (newbies and new charcacters welcome)
ClanUK Guild Leader ICQ 10288042

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is no way to xshard items for free, he means the Casca room ;).
Kaj .... wtf ....iam surprised how naieve u are!!!!

Yes LOL!!!!!!!! OF COURSE u can xshard ITEMS for free!!! us holiday traders have been doing it for years!!! just takes a lot of trust!!!!!!! best if u set up with a few folks on each shard that u relaly trust and then simply swop item for item...jeepers i have no problem giving my shard friends heaps of stuff..knowing full well they will they wil return the favour!!!!!!

T

T_Amon_from_work

Yup ... I too have created a character on Europa (home = Lake Austin) and have been greeted warmly with queries of "Do you need help?" and the like as I train up the new character - T'Amon.

Find his newb Paladin tookus in New haven finalizing the last couple quests before he goes out to collect death robes!

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ghost room found its nickname because during the shard trading running the quests to the Ethreal Fortress you die 99% of the time. This quests is part of the Spring Cleaning deco event going on now. Dont feel bad about not knowing about it. There are many special events I have missed over the years . I am not able to play a lot .I rely upon my Guild leader and mates and friends for most of the info. Course there is always stratics and to be honest I am guilty of not reading enough there are times I never read it except during these times when such a great event is taking place.

If I were to consider playing another shard Europa would be at the top of my list .

Here is a link to the Uo Hearald for tons of info for those that may want to check it out..

http://www.uoherald.com/news/

http://update.uo.com/design_593.html

http://update.uo.com/design_592.html

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ghost room found its nickname because during the shard trading running the quests to the Ethreal Fortress you die 99% of the time. This quests is part of the Spring Cleaning deco event going on now. Dont feel bad about not knowing about it. There are many special events I have missed over the years . I am not able to play a lot .I rely upon my Guild leader and mates and friends for most of the info. Course there is always stratics and to be honest I am guilty of not reading enough there are times I never read it except during these times when such a great event is taking place.

If I were to consider playing another shard Europa would be at the top of my list .

Here is a link to the Uo Hearald for tons of info for those that may want to check it out..

http://www.uoherald.com/news/

http://update.uo.com/design_593.html

http://update.uo.com/design_592.html
point is most of his guild mates have done the quest and all got a cloak/perl necless. He is just either never around or doesnt ask when he is around.

Ohhh.. thats a new looking cloak and neckless thats locked down in the guidl house wonder where they came from..ohh look the cloak has a +5 fire resist thats nice

lil debi

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
point is most of his guild mates have done the quest and all got a cloak/perl necless. He is just either never around or doesnt ask when he is around.

Ohhh.. thats a new looking cloak and neckless thats locked down in the guidl house wonder where they came from..ohh look the cloak has a +5 fire resist thats nice[/QUOTE

:bowdown:
That is pretty much the case Wink. Like I say I do not have a lot of play time.
On the shards trades its awesome it helps you get more points on your /traders shard for amrour need deco etc There are some nice sets of armour to be chosen and takes a lot of points . I have not done the peal necklace /robe
quests yet time has not allowed but this Gal plans to. :thumbsup:

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ohhh.. thats a new looking cloak and neckless thats locked down in the guidl house wonder where they came from..ohh look the cloak has a +5 fire resist thats nice[/QUOTE

:bowdown:
That is pretty much the case Wink. Like I say I do not have a lot of play time.
On the shards trades its awesome it helps you get more points on your /traders shard for amrour need deco etc There are some nice sets of armour to be chosen and takes a lot of points . I have not done the peal necklace /robe
quests yet time has not allowed but this Gal plans to. :thumbsup:
Sorry i was aiming the sarcasim at my best guildy mate Birdseye...when he gets round to reading it :danceb: