• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank you EM Tashik, Faine Morgan, et al

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Enjoyed the nights event, had fun, won three deathrobes, and would do it again.:eek:
I still think you need a GM dropping in to tend to the troublemakers and foul mouths at these things tho.:gun:

Anyway, good show, I had fun, and I didnt hear any complaining from any of my alliance mates. Most did, don't let the rowdy greedy gimme gimme few stop you from doing what you do.

Again, a big THANKS!!

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a fun event, we really enjoyed it. I know people were upset because only a small handful of people got something, but I was really disappointed with the way a few acted tonight. Behavior like this will discourage the EM's from doing events if all they get is yelled at for their efforts. I for one, appreciate the story behind the event, and the event itself, not to mention that our EM's took time out from their holiday as well to provide us with some entertainment. Congrats to those who got the event items and for wearing them so we could all see what they looked like. They were really wonderful.

Congrats also to the lucky few who were awarded Robes crafted by Thunder's Love. What a brilliant idea, I will wear mine proudly this month of love, and it will go in a special place of honor with other event items.

Thanks Thunder. :) Happy Valentines Day to all

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the large number of people, I thought there were very few disgruntled voices.

It got off to a bad worrying start for me - my client crashed the first time everyone rushed out of the hall. I restarted a few times during the event whenever I was in a quiet place and that seemed to prevent any mid-battle crashes. I'm planning to play these events as "single life" (if I die, I quit the event). We'll see if I actually stick to that policy when the time comes :)

I almost missed out on the first task - I went to Mistas first (got thrown for a loop by the "central" clue), but had been to the chaos moongate earlier in the day and noticed an NPC hanging out there so tried it next on a whim.

The sheer mass of balrons was stunning - as well as how fast a few score heavily armed heroes could plough through them. Because I was hanging back a little doing resing and healing and throwing EVs to clear the path of regular spawn, I almost ended up with one of the books - I was actually staring at one in the corpses (looking to see if they had chests or T-maps) wondering if it was normal for Balrons to have books when someone else snapped it up. I'm sort of glad though - I would have had trouble accepting a half-corrupted lantern :) I didn't encounter lag very often all things considered, but when it happened it seemed to always be trying to res someone. Twice I missed the res icon and clicked invisibility instead (which must have looked very anti-social).

I couldn't find my stockpile of cards from past years and "to my one true love" from this year seemed a little too forward to be passing out, else I would have randomly given out V-day cards to more glorious ladies in attendence.

I was pretty skeptical going in, but was impressed with the numbers of people, the playability (it was fun to get swept up in the tidal wave of heroes swarming down the halls) and the general nice spirit of it all. Thank you for an evening's light entertainment.

N

NewThunder

I enjoyed the Event until the crying at the end by a few about the item being handed out, after a couple of minutes i just had to leave, it had been such a wonderful time until then, especially the socializing before the EM got there.

Glad you liked the robes, I gave them to a select group of Ladies on the shard, in hopes of making Sorcon so jealous he is forced to come back to UO.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

to display the quality of workmanship :) thank you, Thunder...... and nanny nanny boo boo Sorc

was a great time, yes, altho the only thing I managed to bring home was another name for my 'do not rez' list

there are things that need to be worked on, and no event will be fair to everyone, it's simply not possible to think of each little thing that a player will mistakenly do..... and certainly an event will never be fair to those that show up not to enjoy but only to get

big thank you to the EMs for a well thought out story ..... I think Legends is off to a good start and lucky to have you here with us !

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I even got one cause he has a man crush...he'll tell you I was suppose to give it to Darri but we all know the truth :p

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was indeed a fun event and well planned allowing social time as well as a chance to fight together. Great job! It was great to see everyone and even a few new faces. I did miss one face, Lady Phoenix would have loved it!

There were so many good people that the griefers were stunning in their selfishness.

Thunder, thank you for your thoughtfulness, the robes are wonderful and will indeed be kept with other event items.

D

Danse

Thank you for the Event...I showed up a bit late...as usual,...*grins*

Maybe there should be a VERY LARGE!! Sargent-At-Arms, armed with a LARGE Wire Brizzlely Brush, and a LARGE Bar of Nasty Tasting Soap...to wash out a few mouths...(or a special spell, invented for just such an event, where the 'trash mouths' can be turned mute..or into stone...) *grins* just a thought.....:D

(Only someone who has had the soap experience, can truly understand this method of punishment.:eek:)

N

NewThunder

It was indeed a fun event and well planned allowing social time as well as a chance to fight together. Great job! It was great to see everyone and even a few new faces. I did miss one face, Lady Phoenix would have loved it!
I was thinking this morning about how much Dar would have loved yesterday. I think becuase of how she always gave so much of herself to others.

Here is the reward from Atlantic for completing the Tome of Love quest:

here is the inside, the book can not be edited, I mistyped the Char name of this one, guess I will just toss it away:

I think their quest was very well done, revolved around the 3 virtues that depend on love.

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

to display the quality of workmanship :) thank you, Thunder...... and nanny nanny boo boo Sorc

was a great time, yes, altho the only thing I managed to bring home was another name for my 'do not rez' list
there are things that need to be worked on, and no event will be fair to everyone, it's simply not possible to think of each little thing that a player will mistakenly do..... and certainly an event will never be fair to those that show up not to enjoy but only to get

big thank you to the EMs for a well thought out story ..... I think Legends is off to a good start and lucky to have you here with us !
And how does one make this list dear lady? :stir:
Was in the midst of a vicious battle with Semidar at the time and well she just didnt wanna die. Gotta love it... Glad you folks had a great time maybe I will make the next... or not :spider:

A

Annienox

Yes a HUGE THANK YOU is needed to the EM's! I know how hard it is to put together the small events we do and then to have ppl greif you or just try and ruin it makes it hard to want to do another. I think you did a wonderful job last night. As the saying goes "you can't please all the people all the time". My hubby did get a Robe of Love, woot! But I wasn't on Thunder's list of robe ladies. Oh well, as much as I would have enjoyed getting one I understand I'm still not on his "love" list. Its all good. :) I went to some of the other shards events and they had ALOT more greifing and griping going on so all in all I think ours went off wonderfully! Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
toss?? somebody tell me I read that wrong

I am honored, Thunder :eek:

and Cuda, to get on that list is relatively easy... simply annoy me to the point that I'm sputtering incoherently at my monitor

(no, this does not leave the door open for comments about my incomprehensible chatter at *all* times)

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
toss?? somebody tell me I read that wrong

I am honored, Thunder :eek:

and Cuda, to get on that list is relatively easy... simply annoy me to the point that I'm sputtering incoherently at my monitor

(no, this does not leave the door open for comments about my incomprehensible chatter at *all* times)
Drats!! Foiled again! :D

A

alaina123

I had a great time, i think the EM'S did a great job! and i look forward to many more events. i was floored by how many people showed up, it is good to see so many people in legends come together for our events. yeah there where a few i think should have just kept their opinions to themself instead of makeing rude comments...bad up bringing i guess anyway EM's keep up the great work! and Thunder, thankyou for the sexy robe you made my Valentines Day!