• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Thank You Dudley and Drosselmeyer for Livery Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady CaT

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to drop a note thanking you for the Livery event. I really enjoyed elements of this event.

1. The search of various towns for Cut throats and Ruffian encouraged players to work and communicate together as teams.
2. The event made use of more cities throughout the realm besides Luna bank.
3. Alice provided some very nice roleplay both in setting up the event and handing out rewards. Nicely done.
4. Searching for Jame's items on the brigands was a clever way to introduce a mercenary element to the event. The idea that Jame's items could be bought,sold, or traded by someone not a part of any player town. Certainly a new dynamic to explore.

Again thanks for the event. :thumbup1:

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I got discouraged big time towards the end but wasn't due to the event. Was due to trying to coordinate with the Coalition coordinators hehe. I love how the NPC towns were used and how the storyline tied into the town taverns. My one complaint was what we were told at the HoC meeting didn't match up to what we were told at the Quest.

Other then that... everything seemed to work out well and it was awesome to see townships come together. Working towards completing the quest not just for themselves, but for other town communities. To see townships and even individual people offer a recommendation to a town that tried but didn't get one, just blew me away. What happened tonight between the townships has been something I have waited many years to see. I am not sure if that can even describe my reaction or the feelings I felt. I wouldn't change a single thing our community did last night. Ultima Online may just be a game but its amazing how joyful and proud the players in this game can make you feel.

W

Walker D. Plank

I not be allowed to cast me spells in town. If ye be a tamer then ye be havin de advantage. Ye dead NPC's be getin script looted.

So we be promotin tamin and script lootin.

I be carin less about de prize fer findin ye item. I not be ye tamin type nor do I be planin to be one. I just be thinkin to meself Why bother wieldin me sword or using what spells I be allowed to cast when I could be sayin one phrase and den stand there doin me pirate jig or just wait till ye landlubbers kill de NPC then have me script runnin while I be doin me pirate jig. I could be doin me Jig fer ten mins or be castin frantically fer ten mins.

I be seein how ye be tiein in ye city rule set with ye evil NPCs. Ye could be putin ye shady type in der so ye player towns with de most tamer be killin de fastest since ye prize be de stable. If that be ye plan den bravo that be a cleaver use of tactics.

All ye Cap'n be askin in de future is ye find a better why fer de world to loot ye questin items.

I not be enjoyin kill ye mobs den "Chunky D" be comin along scriptin dem from de corpse. If ye be catchin me drift.

Cap'n

N

Nyx_

The event was a nice change of pace. Although, I do wish that items were somehow blessed or attached to a character so that they could not be sold or used as extortion measures. The EM's hold many events for many different templates and characters, for individuals to interfer with a specific event designed for the townships should not be allowed. Maybe instead of items for the townships each township should have a monster spawned in their town and be allowed to kill the monster or mob. The first 10 to complete the task gets the recommendation. That would eliminate the problem with persons trying to sell timed items and also allow towns that are allied to each other to work together.

Just a thought.

N

Nastia Cross

I not be allowed to cast me spells in town. If ye be a tamer then ye be havin de advantage. Ye dead NPC's be getin script looted.

So we be promotin tamin and script lootin.

I be carin less about de prize fer findin ye item. I not be ye tamin type nor do I be planin to be one. I just be thinkin to meself Why bother wieldin me sword or using what spells I be allowed to cast when I could be sayin one phrase and den stand there doin me pirate jig or just wait till ye landlubbers kill de NPC then have me script runnin while I be doin me pirate jig. I could be doin me Jig fer ten mins or be castin frantically fer ten mins.

I be seein how ye be tiein in ye city rule set with ye evil NPCs. Ye could be putin ye shady type in der so ye player towns with de most tamer be killin de fastest since ye prize be de stable. If that be ye plan den bravo that be a cleaver use of tactics.

All ye Cap'n be askin in de future is ye find a better why fer de world to loot ye questin items.

I not be enjoyin kill ye mobs den "Chunky D" be comin along scriptin dem from de corpse. If ye be catchin me drift.

Cap'n
*raises eyebrow* Script looting? Really? That's some pretty fast script writing since the EMs didn't even tell us exactly what we were looking for. Kudos to whoever got that one off. Enjoy your upcoming ban.

On a more appropriate note, well done RP and event all around. I like how the EMs are bringing things back into towns not some random dungeon (though dungeons do have a place in a scenario if the RP calls for it). Yes, it was unfortunate that we couldn't cast our RC's, but most of us had weaving so we got our pixies in there just the same. I have to note that the EMs are learning really well and I look forward to more events like this in the future.

Thanks to the hard work from the Livery Coalition and also thanks to my guildmates for foregoing pvp for one night of glorified pvm!

EM Dudley

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A few points...

As for what was said at the HoC regarding competition vs what happened last night, I think there was a big of a misunderstanding. Competition events, as I describe them, are those such as the Fair, where there is a clear 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place winner based on a discrete set of criteria. The livery event last night had a competitive edge...15 groups going after 10 items. If there was one for every group that wouldn't be much of a challenge...and I told you all this was going to be challenging. A big part of the count of items had to do with the setup required for this event and the dynamic. As I've said many times, there will be MANY different styles of Livery events.

As for the sale of these items, we will discuss this at the next HoC and will potentially prohibit the acceptance of purchased "livery quest turn in items"

T

Tancred RedStar

My thoughts on the event:
Good, but simple, backstory
Good character portrayal(love the arm waving for emphasis)
Good event duration(discounting the start delay due to tech difficulties)
Organization was a bit chaotic. Maybe the books could have been handed out at the meeting?

Bad guys were tough, maybe slightly too tough
Expiry timers on quest objectives was a great idea.
Quest objective item distribution favored speedlooters, and of course those just there to try and extort gold instead of participating. Accessing the random drop-in-pack for these events could be an improvement.
At the same time(!), yes this was a township quest, but not really fair to tell random, non-town players "youre not invited, this isn't for you, beat it".
Yes, someone was selling an item for 100m gold, but another person GAVE their item to me without asking a penny or anything return. She is now a guest of honor in our town and I'm hoping we will get to know her better and she may even come to reside among us!

On the whole concept of competitiveness, there's a difference between competing against other towns and competing with one's own abilities. In competing against other towns, some have clearly huge advantages of size, preference for profession(tamer, warrior, bard, etc), location, etc. Of course the challenge at hand should be varied. And while, there should be opportunity for those sorts of challenges, perhaps equally(or near-so) there should also be competitions for a town to overcome on it's own. Close(er) to this would be the prior resource-gathering quest, but in that case the shortcoming was smaller populations stood no chance to hit an equal quote also assigned to larger communities(perhaps this could scale on town/city/empire designation?).

Overall, an enjoyable event.

W

Walker D. Plank

*raises eyebrow* Script looting? Really? That's some pretty fast script writing since the EMs didn't even tell us exactly what we were looking for. Kudos to whoever got that one off. Enjoy your upcoming ban.
All ye be needin is ye id. ye not be writin a full script. there be 1000s already.

Fer such items that be fetchin millions and ye real world cash ye best be believin that be goin on.

N

Nastia Cross

All ye be needin is ye id. ye not be writin a full script. there be 1000s already.

Fer such items that be fetchin millions and ye real world cash ye best be believin that be goin on.
All the items were different and we were not informed beforehand what these items would be. Also the corpses were based off who was awarded looting rights. I really don't see how a script could have been used in this quest. But again, any one who did figure it out, enjoy your upcoming ban.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
As for the sale of these items, we will discuss this at the next HoC and will potentially prohibit the acceptance of purchased "livery quest turn in items"
Aye them things be expensive!!! hehe but I am glade an understanding was met that night. I know I am going against the majority of towns when I say this but I cannot blame the person who sold the item. The Livery quest information does state they can be sold, traded etc. Not saying I would be against the change, I will obviously go with the overall decision of the townships.

W

Walker D. Plank

All the items were different and we were not informed beforehand what these items would be. Also the corpses were based off who was awarded looting rights. I really don't see how a script could have been used in this quest. But again, any one who did figure it out, enjoy your upcoming ban.
I also not be talkin about just ye event last night. I be talkin in regards to ye quest in the future. But if ye towns be ok with spendin 10 mins killin somthin fer someone else who be carin less about ye quest, town, or RP... then so be it.

Matters to me not. In fact, I be tryin to loot instead of kill since that be all dat matters. Be savin me ten mins of spamin heals.

H

Helter Skelter

At the same time(!), yes this was a township quest, but not really fair to tell random, non-town players "youre not invited, this isn't for you, beat it".
My thoughts exactly. Several members of our guild were present and wanted to participate as a team. Even though our "compound" is not recognized as a "town" or whatnot it would have been fun for us to compete. I even turned in a book with our name in it.

All I got was ignored. =/

T

Tancred RedStar

To add to Helter's post and clarify my own, at no time did Dudley or Dross say, imply or somehow indicate those things. On the other hand, there were some less cordial remarks heard amongst the crowd.

If some un-affiliated people want to join in, either to help out or just for fun, they should be just as welcome. Providing an alternate or substitute reward is undoubtedly a seperate issue(and sometimes there is not a reward but the sense of achievement or recognition by peers), but the spirit of inclusiveness should never be questioned.

N

Nastia Cross

I also not be talkin about just ye event last night. I be talkin in regards to ye quest in the future. But if ye towns be ok with spendin 10 mins killin somthin fer someone else who be carin less about ye quest, town, or RP... then so be it.

Matters to me not. In fact, I be tryin to loot instead of kill since that be all dat matters. Be savin me ten mins of spamin heals.
And I say again, if you spend that 10 minutes killing something and someone else stands around and does nothing, they will not get looting rights. So your point makes no sense.

Getting back on topic, I believe the EMs made it very clear that the event was to benefit the townships and that anyone could join and help out any township. Unfortunately some of those not connected to the townships decided to try to profit instead of assist. Yes it was their decision and they were entirely within their rights to do so. Its just very disheartening to see an event trampled by a small minority of people. But I guess that all works into the "competitive" element of this particular part of the Livery Quest. I just feel sorry for those townships that did not get a recommendation because of it.

T

Tancred RedStar

I was only aware of one quest objective that was taken(and kept when unsold), were there more?

The complete opposite of that was the player who gave my group the item without asking a single thing in return.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I just feel sorry for those townships that did not get a recommendation because of it.
If I am thinking about the right item it was later "Traded" between [Blank] and myself. Due to my agreement with them I cannot go into detail. They also gave me the choice to use it for any town. I gave the recommendation to Silvervale.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I have two comments regarding the event:

1) I think it should be made clear that the Livery Quests are Township related but that all are welcome to come and help out.

2) When you hold an event after the Township Summit, it can tend to get late for those players who need to get up early for work, etc.

WildStar

PASmountaindew

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this thread looks to have been thoroughly discussed and even the EM explained again what the event was about. I see subtle suggestions that certain people or groups were script looting and such. Please the event is over and let's move on to something else more constructive. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.