• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Th e Downside of the Pixie Swatter

SlayerofBunnys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After finally adding Semidar to the list of Champions soloed (well ok QT had to take her out since she really seems to hate males), I decided I was going to take a shot at Lord Oaks. A false start showed me that my usual radiant scimitars would not be enough, especially with so much spawn up on the ridges. After working my karma back up to just short of 26k and digging out the Pixie Swatter I had put in a chest long ago, I headed back into the maze. I will say it is a nice weapon and the poison area does help with the unreachable spawn, but there was no way that I was going to be able to complete it solo. Fortunately a number of kind souls dropped what they were doing and arrived to provide a HUGE assist. At last I was able to hold the skull of Lord Oaks.

The downside was that since I was there from the start and the poison area was working so well, my karma dropped to below -10k. As such, I went from Glorious to Dread without taking any counts. I took a screenshot to commemorate the occasion.

DreadLordEraSma.jpg
For a little while I considered locking the karma to keep the title. I soon realized that instead of my normal 3+ minutes of EoO it was now only 1+ and that Close Wounds had a similar drop. Needless to say my karma is back above 10k and climbing.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The worse thing about a pixie swatter is that the pixies swat back. And they hold a grudge for a long, long time.