• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Test Center 3 Going offline at 8AM

G

GregK

(cross posted from tso-e blog)

Posted in Uncategorized by Greg on the March 3rd, 2008 Edit This
Test Center 3 is going offline today (March 3, 2008) at 8am PST for 4-8 hours for the data center migration.

We will keep you posted as to our progress through out the day.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

gk

G

<blockquote><hr>

Test Center 3 is going offline today (March 3, 2008) at 8am PST for 4-8 hours for the data center migration.

Regards,

gk

[/ QUOTE ]
...and so, it begins.

I

imported_LFancey

Test Center 3 shut down has started. City will be offline in 15 min.

Cheers,

Lee

N

NightFlyer

Hopefully after the transfers, trains, merges and whatever else is on the agenda TPTB will get to some of the player issues.

Keeping fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

G

Yeaaa TC3 is going down, That means if it goes Well Either tomorrow or today EA land will be next! Then the Original cities!

Good Job Devs AV is coming Fast!

G

well can someone explain me exactly what is gonna happen ?
thx

I

imported_LFancey

Cross post from blog.

8:30 AM PST: Test Center 3 is now offline.

Cheers,

Lee

I

imported_Danny Dots

hopefully the EC servers will reduce the lag and not have so many updater errors....

G

Well Hopefully they can get EA land and TC 3 all done soon so AV and the rest can merge over! I'm so excited! I'm hoping AV will be here this week!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Regards,

gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, I thought I read that it was estimated 3-4 hours each time....wonder why the estimation went up so much. Guess the free players will be getting RL stuff done today or playing other games. Bet messengers are gonna be lit up like Christmas trees between them trying to keep in touch and have somebody to talk to if they don't post here.
. I'd definitely rather see the estimate go up on the front end though, than to start seeing in 3-4 hours "Why isn't TC3 up yet, that's the only place I can play" type posts, though I am surprised a famous 'lockout' string of postings hasn't started yet. It's early in the day though, so maybe alot of people aren't up yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Regards,

gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh, I thought I read that it was estimated 3-4 hours each time....wonder why the estimation went up so much. Guess the free players will be getting RL stuff done today or playing other games. Bet messengers are gonna be lit up like Christmas trees between them trying to keep in touch and have somebody to talk to if they don't post here.
. I'd definitely rather see the estimate go up on the front end though, than to start seeing in 3-4 hours "Why isn't TC3 up yet, that's the only place I can play" type posts, though I am surprised a famous 'lockout' string of postings hasn't started yet. It's early in the day though, so maybe alot of people aren't up yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

its 18.34h pm GMT +1 here lol
second i dont think free players ever can do something in EA land lol...
and 3th TC3 is off xD
hope they can fix the economie and the prices, because this sucks very badly

I

imported_LFancey

Cross post from blog.

9:45 AM PST: We have begun to copy the database to the east coast.

Cheers,

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

Cross post from blog.

9:45 AM PST: We have begun to copy the database to the east coast.

Cheers,

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice Keep it going Lee!

I

imported_LFancey

Cross post from blog.

11:16 AM PST: Database still being transfered we are on schedule so far.

Cheers,

Lee

P

Paula777

kk for those that don't know what you're talking about .. how bout a countdown instead

G

<blockquote><hr>

kk for those that don't know what you're talking about .. how bout a countdown instead

[/ QUOTE ]

He's talking about the migration of TC3 to the east coast....anybody who doesnt' read here regularly and/or the blog isn't gonna understand what that is anyway, but that's part of being 'in the know'. As far as a countdown goes, you can look at the time stamp of his first post, add 8 hours to it since he said it would be 4-8 hours (approximately) and come up with how much longer till we can get back into TC3.

Tomorrow is gonna be even worse since I'm betting *alot* more players play in EAL primarily than play in TC3 primarily.
Makes me glad I'm gonna be out of town, even if that does mean I gotta get out in the rain and muck and commute 2 hours each way.
LOL. I feel bad for anybody who has today or tomorrow as their only days off for the week, by the weekend we'll need sim methadone clinics for simmers to get over the DT's because they couldn't play on their days off this week. LMAO.
Us poor sim addicts, but I guess it's a good thing that there are still some of us left, eh?

ETA: By my calculations, since Lee posted at 9:45 AM PST that TC3 that just gone offline, that means it's been down approximately 2.5 hours, so still quite a while to go for those who have TC3 as their primary residence, either by choice or because they are free players.

P

Paula777

yes that makes me glad too

G

hope the server will be back up soon.
and does anyone know if TC3 will stay up forever or will be closed sooner or later ?

P

Paula777

well subscribers try to scare us saying it'll be wiped, then i heard other voices: they said that bout original test center too.. and never happened, so yea would love to know too.. from a reliable source though

I

imported_LFancey

Cross post from blog.

1:15 PM PST: Database has been trasfered to east coast we are now running verifications of the data and some tests.

Cheers,

Lee

G

<blockquote><hr>

hope the server will be back up soon.
and does anyone know if TC3 will stay up forever or will be closed sooner or later ?

[/ QUOTE ]

It will always be up, and it will always be unlimited play for free players, however the premium players have always been cautioned that it could have periodic wipes as necessary since it is a 'test center' so there MIGHT be a bug somewhere down the line that makes it necessary for EA to wipe it to clean up data corruption, but the devs have made it clear too that since it is the only place that free players can play unrestrcted, they won't wipe it unless there is no other choice to correct any negative effects that a bad bug has on data integrity.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

"verifications of data" is the part that scared me most. Did all of our heads make it to the east coast?

G

<blockquote><hr>

"verifications of data" is the part that scared me most. Did all of our heads make it to the east coast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, and are all the sims the correct genders? IIRC, some of our sims had gender identity issues for a while when the TC/TC3 merges happened, but that happened durin December when my computer was down, and I didn't have a sim to merge from the original TC anyway so all I only got to hear of the mayhem second-hand after the fact LOL.

G

*goes to high 5 Lee but pulls hand back at last second so not to jinx ya*

Don't ya just love it when computers cooperate with you like they are suppose to? Maybe it's that new hardware waiting to be installed that has it worried that it's days are over, and it's trying to impress you it can still work lol

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, and are all the sims the correct genders? IIRC, some of our sims had gender identity issues for a while when the TC/TC3 merges happened, but that happened durin December when my computer was down, and I didn't have a sim to merge from the original TC anyway so all I only got to hear of the mayhem second-hand after the fact LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

I want my bear to have a female body so I can get a damn cream bear suit!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why didn't you just create the bear as a female to start with, or recreate him as a female now locks n stuff are about to be reissued anyway?
Speaking of which, I've been meaning to connect with you in TC3 for a while now and just havent' been able to run into you yet. By the time the city comes back up it'll probably be time for hubby to take over the computer (just my luck
) but maybe Wednesday we can meet up somewhere in-game. Tomorrow I'm gonna be out of town alot of the day, if not the whole day......which ought to be outlawed when the weather sucks this bad
LOL, especially since yesterday was a nice crisp high of 75, sun shining, not a cloud in the sky....now we're paying for it today and tomorrow. Oh well, as long as TN doesn't get any more tornado warnings, I can deal with anything else. Had 3 in the first 6 week of 2008, that's enough for the whole year LOL....how those in the UK get used to so much rain I'll never understand, but then people from the US say that about the heat of the southern US summers, and people in the southern US say that about the northern US winters, too, so I guess once you become accustomed to it it's all second nature. TN's motto is, if you don't like the weather right now, just wait 5 minutes

G

ummmm so you're wanting or hoping to have a sex change? Not sure that Lee is going to help you with that. lol

M

Monkeybear

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why didn't you just create the bear as a female to start with, or recreate him as a female now locks n stuff are about to be reissued anyway?
Speaking of which, I've been meaning to connect with you in TC3 for a while now and just havent' been able to run into you yet. By the time the city comes back up it'll probably be time for hubby to take over the computer (just my luck
) but maybe Wednesday we can meet up somewhere in-game. Tomorrow I'm gonna be out of town alot of the day, if not the whole day......which ought to be outlawed when the weather sucks this bad
LOL, especially since yesterday was a nice crisp high of 75, sun shining, not a cloud in the sky....now we're paying for it today and tomorrow. Oh well, as long as TN doesn't get any more tornado warnings, I can deal with anything else. Had 3 in the first 6 week of 2008, that's enough for the whole year LOL....how those in the UK get used to so much rain I'll never understand, but then people from the US say that about the heat of the southern US summers, and people in the southern US say that about the northern US winters, too, so I guess once you become accustomed to it it's all second nature. TN's motto is, if you don't like the weather right now, just wait 5 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

'Cause I'm a guy bear and don't want a flower in my head :p

I'll be in TC3 on Wednesday to check out the new update

S

SITA sim

Can you tell me why I am getting an internal error when trying to log into the sims online?
Is not just me I know 2 other people in diff parts of the country that are also having troubles, and ther are lots of people in.
Help!!!!

G

are you clicking on one of your sims that is still waiting for the merge to happen?

Is there anything under your sim, showing a lot or city or are both blocks empty
if so then you will get an internal error till they are merged or moved into the EALand database, hopefully sometime this week

P

PoindeJ

I'm getting the error too for no reason; I was just able to log into EA-Land about 30 mins ago. I have a free account, so...dunno what's up.

G

seems to be to everyone maybe they are rebooting the server... a message was sent to Lee

J

jafo1972

When I try to login, it gets to about 50% from the name/password screen and just shuts down.

I

imported_MollyG

I also received an internal error code and I'm a subscriber. Hopefully just a bug while they bring the system up online.

G

They havent announced that it is up yet, so don't worry that much!

G

<blockquote><hr>

They havent announced that it is up yet, so don't worry that much!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is players talking about an issue when logging into EAL, not just TC3. I logged into EAL without a problem, but did notice that numbers were way down, so it does appear that the issue isn't isolated to a small group of players.

G

TC3 is offline while they transfer the data to the east coast.

If you are getting "internal error" when trying to log into EA-Land - please see this thread

Polly

G

ok so if this was at 8 am ... 4 to 8 hours or what not.... hmm when will we know progress? I just signed up to start paying for this game.... after of course being unable to log in more than twice in the past week and now well maybe I am just beyond frustrated because I need my escape LOL Sorry... just want to get back online........

G

Just a helpful subjestion. As you see I do read.But I listened to a friend ,lady sim that I have know for over 4 yrs.That AV and BF would not merge until April or later,maybe never! How dumb I feel! Being a Real life lady that dances the dance before the Music begins.I jumped aboard the Last train out and arrived in EA Land with my lovely old painted roof homes being demolished back in the cities! Don't listen to anyone READ ..READ..Take what is told you in the game with a grain of salt!
And feel free to kick my
I need it! Shame on me!

G

so anything new about TC3 ?
last news was about 2 hours ago i suppose

G

<blockquote><hr>

ok so if this was at 8 am ... 4 to 8 hours or what not.... hmm when will we know progress? I just signed up to start paying for this game.... after of course being unable to log in more than twice in the past week and now well maybe I am just beyond frustrated because I need my escape LOL Sorry... just want to get back online........

[/ QUOTE ]

Lee posted at 9:45 AM PST that the city was finally down. it's now 3:53 PST so it's been just over 6 hours, so my guess would be at least 2 more hours to go, *if* they come in right at the 8 hour prediction, but that's barring any complication, which lately there have been several complications that have made it even longer than the projected time. It is hard not to be able to get those sim fixes, but I'd imagine there's been many gallons of coffee drunk today between them, many packs of cigarettes smoked, and alot of blue air around them from swear words they've muttered and uttered that things aren't going faster too
. I'm just glad that both cities weren't done on the same day, so that even premium players that can play anywhere at any time wouldn't have anywhere to play. Then everybody would be 1000% more miserable. *bites fingernails just thinking about it*

I

imported_LFancey

Cross post from blog.

4:00 PM PST: We have verified the data and are going to be brining up the city
internal to do some more checks.

Cheers,

Lee

G

Thanks Lee... hopefully that means good news!!! I miss my Sim-Family LOL Im such an addict!!!!

I

imported_LFancey

Cross posted from blog.

4:15 PM PST: Test Center 3 is back online. Enjoy.

Time for coffee!

Cheers,

Lee