• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Template - Solo Doom / DH Template..

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone has a good template for a Dexer that can Solo Doom gaunlet and also DH.

the template i was looking at was:-

Swordsmanship 115
Resists 115
Tactic 115
Anatomy 115
Necromancy 99
Healing 90
Chivary 50-65

Is it better to be a factions character for the additional armour bonuses ???

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hi JediSith

While I haven't solo'd Doom gauntlet or DH (I'm still working on my suit and getting used to the template), I have solo'd Miasma and Paragon Succubus, and two manned DH, Jabba and the hallowean event spider, Sicarii.

My template is
Bushido 120
Swords 120
Parry 120
Healing 100
Tactics 100
Anatomy 90
Chiv 70

Some other templates I've heard of people using to solo DH are

Paladin
Swords 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Resist 100
Anat 100
Healing 100
Chiv 80

Hope this helps :)

C

Connor_Graham

Sampire
Bushido 120
Swords 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Resist 100
Necro 100
Chiv 60
Use the life leech of Vamp form to heal.

Wammy
Bushido 120
Mace fighting 120
Parry 120
Spirit speak 120
Resist 100
Necro 60
Chiv 80
Wraith form to leech mana, and curse weapon to leech life.
Both of these templates are incorrect. Here are the correct versions:

Sampire:

Wep Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100 (Swap for 100 Resist only in Doom)
Necro 100
Chiv 60

Wammy:

Wep Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Spirit Speak 100
Necro 100
Chiv 60

Of the 2, the Sampire is the more powerful, partly due to the fact that they can ride an armored swampy (20% damage reduction) and can run when necessary where the Wammy can't.

R

RichDC

Both of these templates are incorrect. Here are the correct versions:

Sampire:

Wep Skill 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Anatomy 100 (Swap for 100 Resist only in Doom)
Necro 100
Chiv 60

You seem quite knowledgable on this template, would it be an idea to drop tactics for healing when doing dreadhorn as i cant see using the specials much...or is the damage increase from it essential?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I rather like the damage increases myself, especially against Dread Horn where you won't be missing much, if at all. Dread Horn typically has 100 or less wrestling in my experience.

That means that if you're hitting hard from tactics and anatomy bonusses, and harder from enemy of one and perfection, you wouldn't need healing, even if you were poisoned.

However, if you had significant skill gains from items (see Lynk's favored template), then healing would be a good addition.

R

RichDC

I have 0 skill gain from items, it all Natural here!!!(the way i prefer all things ;)) So i should stick with my tactics then.

C

Connor_Graham

You seem quite knowledgable on this template, would it be an idea to drop tactics for healing when doing dreadhorn as i cant see using the specials much...or is the damage increase from it essential?
The damage increase to base damage from 100 Tactics is 150%. Without it, you wouldn't be doing enough damage for the Vamp form life leech to keep you alive, even with DI items, EoO, and Cons Wep.

R

RichDC

The damage increase to base damage from 100 Tactics is 150%. Without it, you wouldn't be doing enough damage for the Vamp form life leech to keep you alive, even with DI items, EoO, and Cons Wep.
Thanks, another question though :p the account im doing this on is only 2-3months old, so with 700 skill points how should i split the points??

Atm im heading towards

115swords
115bush
115parry
100necro
100anat
95tactics
60chiv

Is this a good spread?

T

Turdnugget

Incorporate Midnight Bracers into that template Rich,and you're set.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suit is finaly done.

70/70/70/70/70
30 HCI
30 HLD
45 DCI
40 DI(without weap)

STATS
STR 100
DEX 158
INT 40

Temp
Swords 120
Bushido 120
Parry 120
Tactics 100
Necro 100
Anatomy 100
Chiv 60

Does that sound good Enough to tackle DreadHorne solo? If not what am I souposed to tweak?
Greatly Appreciate your feedback and help Lynk, Connor, Farsight & Turdnugget. Dunno what i would have done without you :D

R

RichDC

What pieces are you using??

Im having a real hard time building my suit!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its allmost only "cheap pieces".

Mace & Shield Glasses
Jackalls Collar
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings
Barbed Leather Sleeves
Horned Leather Ninja mitts 24/24/7/20/5
Brace
Ring of the Vile
Crimson
Twinkling Scimitar
Quiver of infinity

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotta rebuild my suit, I was stacking physical and using a magic reflect scroll. Kinda backfired a little when I died last night soloing dreadhorn. Usually no problem, sacrifice res, re-cast vamp embrace, and "oh dear" my fire is only 50 because I didn't bring any reflect scrolls!

Died the first time, swampy was 1 hit killed so I go back and am trying to solo dreadhorn with 50 fire resist and no swampy. Ya, I lasted long...

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotta rebuild my suit, I was stacking physical and using a magic reflect scroll. Kinda backfired a little when I died last night soloing dreadhorn. Usually no problem, sacrifice res, re-cast vamp embrace, and "oh dear" my fire is only 50 because I didn't bring any reflect scrolls!

Died the first time, swampy was 1 hit killed so I go back and am trying to solo dreadhorn with 50 fire resist and no swampy. Ya, I lasted long...
Thats what i do aswell. Use Magic Reflect scrolls and VE.
May i ask what kinda weapon you use for DH? a one or two Hander?

R

RichDC

Am i making a Stupid Newb mistake by working in the RBC to my suit??

Is there any need for LMC/MR on this temp??

C

Connor_Graham

Am i making a Stupid Newb mistake by working in the RBC to my suit??

Is there any need for LMC/MR on this temp??
If you can get your DCI elsewhere, it's not stupid at all. The RBC is IMO the best chest pc you could have. MR & LMC are a big help to any Sampire.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Havnt really used my sampire yet so i could be wrong.
But i was thinking that the only thing you really needed manapool or LMC for was before the fight, ie cast EoO CW and so on. After that i think the mana leech will take care of the problem.

My sampire currently have 48 mana and 16 LMC, i hope that will do.

R

RichDC

If you can get your DCI elsewhere, it's not stupid at all. The RBC is IMO the best chest pc you could have. MR & LMC are a big help to any Sampire.
Well atm my suit is low on both HCI and DCI but has 45lmc and 8ish MR, if i drop the RBC i would be alot closer to max DCI and im pretty sure i have a DI dci MR2 bracelet...would that be a better combo??

Basically im still new at the sampire business...so as a starting suit should i go for DCI until i can make up other spots?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As i understand it DCI is the single most important stat to max.
Max DCI, pull together as much HCI as possible and get some HLD.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what i do aswell. Use Magic Reflect scrolls and VE.
May i ask what kinda weapon you use for DH? a one or two Hander?
I use a Diamond Mace with 30 ssi, and 50ish/50ish Stam/Mana leech. I've got a good bit of EP in my suit, so the heal pots are kinda nice. After using it a while, I'd almost prefer a regular mace. When DH curses and does the other special he does to reduce your stats, I can only swing my mace at 1.5ish at full stam. If I could only find a mace with 30 ssi, 40 di, 50 stam, 50 mana, and 50 HLA I'd be set!

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like my Scimitar but no SSI.
50-60 HML
50-60 HSL
44 HLA
40 DI
DCI

Im gonna try my sampire against DH as soon as i get time to work my honor.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
stupid questions came up while trolling this thread. How much honor do you loose when honoring yourself? And, the way to get the keys for DH and not die from bad karma bashing critters is to honor yourself right? I am trying to get this down. Potts dont help me much, I am thinking because I don't use EP for the extra bang.
Also, I like to use the Darkwood suit with some HCI, but almost full DCI (rest on ring) with 12 HPR on the suit. Is that viable, or is that going to leave me short somewhere?

C

Connor_Graham

You lose 1 dot of Honor when you embrace your own Honor.

If you use the Darkwood suit against DH, you will lose both the chest and legs when he curses you unless you make them out of ash instead of bloodwood. Also, you're left without the ability to add +Stam and MR to your character.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Its allmost only "cheap pieces".

Mace & Shield Glasses
Jackalls Collar
Heart of the Lion
Fey Leggings
Barbed Leather Sleeves
Horned Leather Ninja mitts 24/24/7/20/5
Brace
Ring of the Vile
Crimson
Twinkling Scimitar
Quiver of infinity
Are you using a Totem of the Void for the talisman? What are the stats on your bracelet?

Thx!

-OBSIDIAN-

T

Turdnugget

Totem of Void is for mages or dexers who are capped on HCI...Probably Primer on Arms or Conj. Trinket would be my guess.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You lose 1 dot of Honor when you embrace your own Honor.

If you use the Darkwood suit against DH, you will lose both the chest and legs when he curses you unless you make them out of ash instead of bloodwood. Also, you're left without the ability to add +Stam and MR to your character.
THanks COnner. I will go with Darkwood, until I have my suit together, DH must curse you hard then, because i have not been shaken out of my suit by any other monsters. I think I have enough str currently (I believe it is 100 w/o items)... Only lacking the M&S glasses currently, to complete my other suit. They are so damn expensive though... and getting 90.000 axes delivered to the library is sort of a painful and will take most of next year...

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it best to be a faction dexer for the additional increase on rbc, fey and glasses? or can you get away not being in factions?

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using a Totem of the Void for the talisman? What are the stats on your bracelet?

Thx!

-OBSIDIAN-
Nope im not using totem of the void, im using primer on arms for the DI.
Im currently looking for a braccelet, its the last piece i need to complete my suit.
Atm im using.
15HCI
21 DI
and some other crap i dont need.

I would like one like the one i have but with LMC/stats/skill/etc.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it best to be a faction dexer for the additional increase on rbc, fey and glasses? or can you get away not being in factions?
Guess its not a bad idea, but my sampire isnt in factions at all and run a 70/70/70/70/70 suit without a problem. I do how ever use Magic Reflect scrolls to get -24/10/10/10/10.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Guess its not a bad idea, but my sampire isnt in factions at all and run a 70/70/70/70/70 suit without a problem. I do how ever use Magic Reflect scrolls to get -24/10/10/10/10.
Now that is a good idea!

Are you a human? I didn't think that would be an option for an elf Sampire/Wammy unless you threw on a bunch of + magery items to cast the scroll. What is the min magery to cast a 3rd circle spell (or a 5th circle spell via scroll)? Won't the effect go away when you remove the skill items or is that just for necro forms?

-OBSIDIAN-

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that is a good idea!

Are you a human? I didn't think that would be an option for an elf Sampire/Wammy unless you threw on a bunch of + magery items to cast the scroll. What is the min magery to cast a 3rd circle spell (or a 5th circle spell via scroll)? Won't the effect go away when you remove the skill items or is that just for necro forms?

-OBSIDIAN-
Human - JoaT

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Swordsmen who are currently struggling to find a suitable wep might find this useful. Last night I decided to test just how effective the Soulseeker actually is in gathering keys for Dreadhorn then solo'ing the boss.

I was actually quite taken aback by the results.

Its worth taking into account I have 100 tactics/anat and 81 DI on my suit which comes from conjurer's trinket, 19/22 brace/ring and 20 on gauntlets of nobility.

Started by gathering 2 Fangs in the cave, no problems there obv. Embraced honour and dumped Spite and Guile at the very top of the swamp area using a confusion pot. With those two safely out of the way I focused next on Irk.

Soulseeker was amazing against Irk. Was doing lovely damage and by the time pefection was achieved was doing 70+ with freequent crits of 120-140. Very quickly I had dispatched about 11 Irks and had the 2 brains I wanted.

Moved on to the spiders at this point which isn't particularly challenging. In Vamp form as long as you single them out you never get in trouble. Because I had gained a good bit of honour from all the Irks I decided to play it ultra safe. Embraced honour and took Irk up to join Spite and Guile at the top of the swamp, again using a confustion pot. This meant I could run into the spiders and drag one out to kill at a time. To be honest, tanking them both at once isn't overly difficult but if you get a bad run with the RNG you can get in trouble and with the new changes to Magic Reflection etc, I prefer to just make sure I never die rather than take unecesary risks. Plus, looting 2 spiders at once is a pain when they just keep constantly respawning....

Anyhoo, within a very short space of time the spiders had given me the two eyes and silk that I needed and along with my briar and cotton I had already picked up I was ready to challenge Dreadhorn twice. I didn't time it but I would say this took no more than 20 minutes from entering the swamp area.

Up until this point the Soulseeker performed flawlessly.

I have to admit I was a bit apprehensive before going in partly because I had never tried this with this weapon and partly because I haven't solo'd dreadhorn since I changed my temp and had to drop healing...

The end result was amazing. Ploughed through the dreadhorn in about 20 minutes. Using Consecrete Weap + Enemy of One I found that I very rarely got into any trouble. At perfection I was doing 70 damage which isn't big dmg against Dread however the consistent speed meant that I was very rarely ever swinging less than 1.25. I used confidence to heal and evade if I ever got to about half hp (which was not often).

Following my first successful attempt I dumped my loot and went back in for seconds, this time even better results, finished off in about 15 minutes.

To summarise, the soulseeker with consecrete weapon and EoO was awesome both for collecting keys and solo'ing the boss. The key is the speed. The fact that you rarely ever drop below max swing speed means that you are leeching back hps at a fantastic rate.

I have an axe (two handed) with almost godly mods on it but I would say I felt more comfortable with the soulseeker in my hand than I ever did in all the times I used the axe.

The axe is as follows:

HLL, HML, HSL, HLD all > 45 and has SSI 30. It is a 3s two handed weapon. But with DH curse, and when you take damage, your stam drops and you can often grind to a near halt and need to rely on Divine Fury to take you back up. This can cause big problems.

With the soulseeker you will NEVER grind to a halt and always be leeching back substantial amounts of HPs.

After my DH experience last night I went and did some balrons with Soulseeker and out of about 20 spawned 2 paras. Killed them both quite easily with a little running involved.

So before spending 20-50m on a weapon or burning countless runics, it might be worth considering the soulseeker as a viable option.

This has turned out to be way more long winded than I had intended but I hope some of you find it useful!

K

kryshael

Mistura...

What are your stats and skill spec?

Also, if you don't mind listing your gear I would much appreciate it also :p

Thank you.

C

cademord

Just my 2 cents. I solo DH fairly often, I've never died. I have 0 Necro
In general, only once or twice in each fight do I drop below 60 HP.

120 Bushido
120 Macing
120 Parry
100 Anatomy
100 Tactics
90 Healing
70 Chivalry

Only eaten a +20 stat scroll, with gear on I'm at 119 str, 125 dex and 45 int. Not particularly good at all.

My suit is full resist with

27 HCI
59 DCI (overcapped to compensate for Divine Fury. I swing quite slow so keep it up at all times)
104 DI
1 FC
MR 5
HLD 30
LMC 37

I use a diamond mace with

51 HLL
51 HML
30 SSI
plus DCI and DI already included above

Ride an armoured swampy, take 5-10 greater agility/str pots, I carry 60 greater cure to be on the safe side, 30 or so total refresh, a handful of greater heal. Enc. apples can be really useful as well, if you can't get Remove Curse off.

I can do he whole thing start to finish in 40 mins if not really unlucky with the keys.

I guess the point is that a pretty average suit with an average player can solo DH easily without necro.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That is really encouraging! I am about to venture into the twisted wield and do DH for the first time. I am having a lot of trouble getting my suit together though. Another issue that I realized reading through the last post, is that it is clear to me that the weapon is absolutely key. It needs to have 50 HML, 50 HSL, 30SSI. Those are so hard to come by.

Currently, my suit is this:

Samurai Helmet
jackals collar
Heart of the Lion or Rune beetle carapace
ring of the vile
fey leggings

I can't find good arms
Have a +11 chiv/5 dex/19 DI/9 DCI bracelet
gloves suck as I have gloves of pugilist, stitchers mittens, and some high resist ones
Tried the magic reflect trick.
just having a lot of trouble getting to all 70's, and trouble to get up to 100 DI...

I have weapons that all lack in one department or the other, but are somewhat decent. Soulseeker, radiant scimitar with 50 HML, 40DI but no SSI,

Any suggestions and tips? where do I get my extra DI for my suit, what gloves are best? Arms?

Difficult situation. At the moment, I am more effective wearing a darkwood suit, but I was told this would not work for DH.

C

Connor_Graham

I can't find good arms
Unfortunately (and this is something we tell everyone) Sampire gear is very expensive, both because of the need for certain artifacts, and for the crafted pieces that have to fill in the gaps because of those artifacts. The arms & gorget are the 2 pcs that are usually crafted, and are always very pricey. I think I paid 10mil for my gorget. What you might do if you have a 120 Tailor is buy up horned kits and start burning them for the pieces you need. It's really the cheapest way to get what you want.

Any suggestions and tips? where do I get my extra DI for my suit, what gloves are best? Arms?
I already covered the arms, but for the gloves I would suggest Stormgrip. That would also give you another 25 DI. I'd also suggest you find a different ring. The Ring of the Vile really doesn't give you what you need, which is DCI and LMC, not to mention DI.

Difficult situation. At the moment, I am more effective wearing a darkwood suit, but I was told this would not work for DH.
Actually, you can use a darkwood suit, but the chest and legs MUST be made from ash, not bloodwood. This is the only way those 2 pieces won't fall off when you get hit with DH's curse. Making them out of ash also changes the way the resists fall, making it very Sampire friendly as the fire resist is boosted way up.

For weapons, I'd suggest you start burning copper and bronze runics to get the basic SL/ML/SSI/DI weapons you'll need.

C

cademord

The weapon I made myself with a Val hammer. But that's because macing weapon are generally tougher to find. If you're not using Necro, HLL is abolutely essential.

Likewise I made my own arms and gorget, but Jackal's is still a great neck piece. For glove I use the Gauntlets of Nobility, bsimilar idea to Stormgrip, fit better with my suit and are cheaper. Human Fey Leggings, RBC, Conjurer's Trinket, CC, Quiver of Infinity and a Vet Robe.

The CC I was lucky enough to get off DH, and I was also lucky enough to get the +4 INT boots of a Champ Spawn with another character.

Jewels can sometimes be bought really cheap from vendors that can't be bothered to set accurate prices. Or I'd recommend throwing on some high luck stuff and farming Swoop.

I got this sweet piece from Swoop once:
6 INT
12% HCI
9% DCI
12% DI
4% LMC

For me, it's great, everything on it is really useful.

Thav12

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome advise. I just found a nice ring for 25K. 10 HCI/9 DCI/21 DI/10 energy.

I will make those two Darkwood pieces until I have all the other stuff available.

It is a goal in and of it self to get this character rolling. I may even have to make a darn smith it sounds like :). It's the only craft I have not mastered. Not the crafting type... :)

C

Connor_Graham

Having a 120 Smith/Tailor is almost a requirement anymore. Besides that, if you start working the bod system you can make millions. I racked up around 20 mil or so on my crafting vendor yesterday from selling my last round of bod rewards.

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mistura...

What are your stats and skill spec?

Also, if you don't mind listing your gear I would much appreciate it also :p

Thank you.
Skills are like this (im only 710 skill cap on this accont)

Bushido 120
Swords 120
Parry 120
Anatomy 100
Necro 100
Tactics 100
Chiv 62 (12 on brace0

He wears:
Jakals Collar
Faction Rune Beetle Carp
Faction Fey Leggings
Mace and Shield Glasses
Platemail Hiro Sode (LMC 8 + Nice Resists)
Gauntlets of Nobility
Snake Skin Boots
Quiver Of Infinity ( although i dont shoot arrows :p )
Counjurers Trinket
Brace: DCI 15/Chiv 12/Strength 7/DI 19/Energy Resist 13
Ring: DCI 13/DI 22/Fire Resist 11

My Resists n Vamp Form are: 70/68/65/70/75 (will get the fire earings when i can find them at a reasonable price)

DCI 53
HCI 10
DI 81
LMC 23

To be honest, the suit is alright but it could do wth a few improvements.

Saying that, it handles dreadorn and the DF without too much hassle!