• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template idea?

T

Talisac

I'm not sure yet if I'll restart and I'm not sure what type of character I'll do. And I don't know exactly what is good after 8 years.

So can I have some idea of what is good to start?

Thanks!

I

imported_mo'gluk

well archers are popular...

mage hybrids are good..

seems liek stealth ninja bushido is popular....

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

I'm not sure yet if I'll restart and I'm not sure what type of character I'll do. And I don't know exactly what is good after 8 years.

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Many times we are forced to change up our favorite templates to counter what our enemies are using.. atm there are many dismounters and tamer... When they run in numbers, it is difficult even for the best of pvpers... If I were you and new here and not knowing who is who and what they do, I would start with a template that has ninjisu, hiding and stealthing and smoke bombs for defense. After I was stronger and also wiser about the players and ready for more agressive damage offense skills, I would pick what I like...

A

Azural Kane

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Many times we are forced to change up our favorite templates to counter what our enemies are using.. atm there are many dismounters and tamer... When they run in numbers, it is difficult even for the best of pvpers... If I were you and new here and not knowing who is who and what they do, I would start with a template that has ninjisu, hiding and stealthing and smoke bombs for defense. After I was stronger and also wiser about the players and ready for more agressive damage offense skills, I would pick what I like...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to disagree with Miss Maggie May on this one... just due to the fact that I believe you become a stronger PVPer only when you're playing what you want to play, and working thru the school of hard knocks even if it's a hard template.

Everyone told me a Magenecro was too hard to mess with for a returning player who'd never seen Necro in action before, (once I returned to the game,) but struggling thru the learning curve thick and thin, has only made me stronger in the end IMO.

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to disagree with Miss Maggie May on this one... just due to the fact that I believe you become a stronger PVPer only when you're playing what you want to play, and working thru the school of hard knocks even if it's a hard template.

Everyone told me a Magenecro was too hard to mess with for a returning player who'd never seen Necro in action before, (once I returned to the game,) but struggling thru the learning curve thick and thin, has only made me stronger in the end IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about the school of hard knocks and I wish everyone was like you ak but unfortunately that just isn't so... but if this player has gumption and drive... then please listen to azuralkane and ignore my advice and get ready for the hard knocks that this wonderful shard will throw your way as you learn.. And remember.. It isn't personal

G

To help better answer your question what are you going for PvP or PvM?
What play style do you enjoy? Solo or group stuff? You won't go far wrong with 50 hide n 50 tame or weapon skill. The best sugestion I can give at this time is choose the intial 50/50 points you spend on sompthing cost intesive or hard to train (like lockpicking / alchemy / poisoning). Just don't waste skill points on mage since you can go from 0 to 70 in a few hours and it's done in a lrc suit.

T

Talisac

That's my problem, I don't what I wanna do yet

I want to PvP-PvM-Group-Solo-Craft

I can try anything except PvP-Mage or PvP-Melee.

I

imported_Goron

I think both Azural and Mag are correct. You just gotta decide which route you want to take:) If you jump in the deep end you will learn fast but probably need a lot of resources to keep flowing at a constant pace. I started Mag's way, hide stealth and creeped everywhere I went carrying bare minimum. Once I got more familiar with Siege, I bought an account and took him deep end, losing upwards of eight sets of gear every day:) But I had the resources to support him and keep dying and re-equiping.

But as the other poster said (sorry already forget who) it also very much depends on your goals: PvP oriented, PvM oriented, or a good all around character.
I'd suggest thinking about those goals, thinking about what you liked back in the day, and then coming and sharing some of that info and people may be better able to guide you with your goals in mind.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

That's my problem, I don't what I wanna do yet

I want to PvP-PvM-Group-Solo-Craft

I can try anything except PvP-Mage or PvP-Melee.

[/ QUOTE ]
Tamer.
Great solo pvm (i'd say they r best all around solo pvm template), great group PvM (champ spawns, peerless), great in group, pretty effective solo pvp. Only thing you can't do is craft.

Then, once u get rich and tired of being called gimp, put all your tame skills ons oul stones and roll something else:)

G

Yep, tamers are very general, useful characters.

You can also add alchemy to a tamer to make a bomber/tamer
or add inscribe to boost your spell damage.