• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template help

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright, I'm not sure what to do with my bard. I havn't played in around four years and coming back there is so much new content that I don't know if it'd be best for me to finish the 7X I was working on half a decade ago or drop some skills, or what. My current skills are as follows

Mage 95.5%
Med 100%
Eval 97.2%
Resist 62.2%
Music 96.7% (100%)
Provoc 93.3% (103.3%)
Wrestling 90.8%

I've thought about aquiring a soulstone and transfering my music/resist to a fencing/fighter build, or dropping wrestle and/or resist for a variety of things. I want to be able tackle PvM very well, this is not a PvP character at all.. When I quit, I could sit in Destart Lvl2 and provoke Shadow Wyrms all day long and turn huge profit just pulling gold from the corpses and going back and forth from the bank. Now, according to stratics, I have a very low chance or provoking them (or none at all don't remember). So, obviously a lot of the mechanics have changed.. Ogre Lords turn good gold, and I've been having good success at the fan dancer dojo which I stumbled across while randomly exploring the new lands.

I'd like to be more involved in the champ spawns etc. The gold is nice but I want to be able to pick up this or that artifact for myself as opposed to buying it myself. I should note I had 6mill on my account when I returned and it is almost all depleted because all of my old GM equipment and magic (power/vanq blah blah) is all very obsolete now. So my two questions are as follows..

With my current build and the skills I have, what would be good locations for me to check out?

and...

As a goal for myself what would be a good template to build towards for the most effective PvM (gold and item harvesting really) and what would be an ideal armor suit to look into?

Thanks in advance for helping!

M

Marcus Blackwell

Most the people Ive seen that run bards in Doom Gauntle run the following templete I think..

120 music
120 provo
120 discord
115 to 120 med
115 to 120 eval
115 to 120 magery..

Im sure some also have 120 peace on a soulstone to flip flop it and eval when needed.. this eventually will be the templete I make and will trade off on eval and peace using two soulstones once I get them..

J

jelinidas

Most the people Ive seen that run bards in Doom Gauntle run the following templete I think..

120 music
120 provo
120 discord
115 to 120 med
115 to 120 eval
115 to 120 magery..
This is pretty much me, except I run with a ton of +skill items and have 110 resist. My med is usually in the 80's range.

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm assuming then that I can add discord to my list of essential skills for my bard then? Like I said previously, before I quit I was provoking the Shadow Wyrms in Destard Lvl2 without much trouble (and this was with lower 90's skill). Now since I've posted I've raised my provocation to 112.7 with jewels and the barding calculator tells me I have a 47% chance success to bard and it seems like that was my success rate years ago with sub-GM level barding skills.

Another thing I've thought of doing after sleeping on it is to add archer/tactics and drop eval/wrestling. My thinking behind this is that I don't really do to much direct damage casting... Typically I dance around all over the place and let my music do the fighting for me. Occasionally I'll use summons but thats it. I've got tons and tons and tons of good spell channelling equipment dropping like candy off of fan dancers.. Well, if I do the archery/tactics thing how bad will my magic healing ability suffer without evalint? Sorry but I don't really know any of the formulas for this stuff anymore :\

Also to note I'm kind of a purist player.. I know all or most of the powergaming tactics, how to 8x8, even those not to be spoken of, but thats not really for me. Coming back to this game I don't have any in-game friends (yet anyways) or soulstones or anything nice like that. So its imperative for me to settle down on an effective template because I don't have the luxury or resources to grind out my skills or swap skills back and fourth.

R

ragnartheawful

Also to note I'm kind of a purist player.. I know all or most of the powergaming tactics, how to 8x8, even those not to be spoken of, but thats not really for me. Coming back to this game I don't have any in-game friends (yet anyways) or soulstones or anything nice like that. So its imperative for me to settle down on an effective template because I don't have the luxury or resources to grind out my skills or swap skills back and fourth.
I'm kind of in the same boat here. I've had to start from scratch, and I'm realizing that I should add discordance to my bard (but don't really have the room :/). If you're on Chesapeake or Pacific, we should team up a bit. I'm made a solo treasure hunter to attempt to earn my riches so that my next character won't have to work so hard.

5% Luck

I used skill+ items to get 120 music discord provoke and magery gm eval med and scribery. Im so happy!

4th3ist

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've got (not checking here) I think around +17% Provocation off two jewels right now heh

Mistura

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing I've thought of doing after sleeping on it is to add archer/tactics and drop eval/wrestling. My thinking behind this is that I don't really do to much direct damage casting... Typically I dance around all over the place and let my music do the fighting for me. Occasionally I'll use summons but thats it. I've got tons and tons and tons of good spell channelling equipment dropping like candy off of fan dancers.. Well, if I do the archery/tactics thing how bad will my magic healing ability suffer without evalint? Sorry but I don't really know any of the formulas for this stuff anymore :\
I'm not too sure about the idea of having archery and tactics with Magery and other bard skills but I can tell you that your Healing spells are not effected by eval int. The strength of heal and greater heal is affected by your magery skill.

If your relying on summons and barding skills rather than doing direct damage with spells, then you can happily drop Eval Int as its not got any benefit to you.