• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Template Advice (PVM)

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Greetings. Just returned to UO. Took out my old fighter and quickly got my butt kicked (dragon turtle spawn). Here is what I currently have (7xGM): Sword, Anat, Heal, Tact, Chiv, Parry, and Resist

I know I can go to 120 now days. Looking for a 120 scroll but thought I would see if there is a better way to build a fight now days?

Thx!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Crowin's guide to templates. It's stickied if you ever need to find it again.

CorwinXX's Warrior's Guide for New and Returning Players

When I was new not too long ago, I started with a Vampire Paladin build. 120 swords/mace fighting, 120 tactics, GM anat, GM necro, GM parry, GM chiv, 80 healing. It is tankier than the classic Paladin.

First thing I'd do, get a decent 150 stam, 70s resist suit along with some budget HCI/SSI ring and bracelet. Next, save up for 120 swords scroll and +25 stat scroll. At the same time, work on blacksmith/imbuing. When your crafter is done, I'd make new gear and convert to a build with bushido if you want to kill Peerless bosses. You can also stick with the vampire paladin. It is good enough to do Shadowguard rooms/roof too. I soloed Belfry with it using stagger and mace fighting.

Last edited:

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
What would you recommend I drop if I went bushido? In the vamp / pal model...is that adding necro only? Thx!

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
What would you recommend I drop if I went bushido? In the vamp / pal model...is that adding necro only? Thx!
Vamp/Paladin - drop resist, add necro, get 120 swords, drop healing to 80.
If you want Bushido - classic sampire builds are good. 120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 tactics, gm chiv, gm anatomy, gm necro, 60 parry.

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Vamp/Paladin - drop resist, add necro, get 120 swords, drop healing to 80.
If you want Bushido - classic sampire builds are good. 120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 tactics, gm chiv, gm anatomy, gm necro, 60 parry.
Thx for all the advice. I've got some work to do. AND my armor and weapons are crap. LOL. :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read through some of the earlier posts of what players have experimented with. There are pluses and minuses to each set up, part of the enjoyment is to try differant things. Also joining a guild on your shard is a good idea for help and equipment, use the general chat and help chat and check out Luna bank during the busy time of your shard.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Read through some of the earlier posts of what players have experimented with. There are pluses and minuses to each set up, part of the enjoyment is to try differant things. Also joining a guild on your shard is a good idea for help and equipment, use the general chat and help chat and check out Luna bank during the busy time of your shard.
This. Joining a guild will help or just finding a player who can help you with a decent suit or some gold to get started. When you're ready to get a decent suit, you're primary goal will be 70 all resist (which should be easy) and 150 stamina, ideally 170+. Buget ring and bracelet - %15 hit chance with 25% damage increase (plus 10% ssi if you can afford it). Then get a weapon with 40+ damage increase. For budget weapons (10k-50k gold range), anything with a slayer works so long as you're killing those specific monsters.

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Status on my build and a question. Been working on Bushido and Necro. Love the play style of the Sampire. Def need some 120 scrolls and gear. Thx for the advice!

Does negative Karma still impact Chivalry? Training necro took me way down the dark path...lol... I've read conflicting things online.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Does negative Karma still impact Chivalry? Training necro took me way down the dark path...lol... I've read conflicting things online.
Yes - you'll need to raise it back up. It is pretty quick to get to 20,000 again though. Go farm Thrasher in fel for a few minutes.

Kith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thx for all the advice in this thread. My Sampire is coming along nicely and probably the most fun to play character I have! :)

Need to get my hands on a 120 Sword PS.

Thx!

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Balrons in Fel Blackthorn are also a great place to farm karma and fame too. :)