• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Teleporting in Blackthorn's fel

Fixes?

• Make it so anyone can teleport in Blackthorn's

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • Make it so stealthers can't shadowjump in Blackthorn's

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Why on earth would Blackthorn's fel dungeon be designed so that mages cannot teleport, but stealth-ninjas can shadow jump.

Stealthers are almost impossible to reveal nowadays even if you get a lucky track on them with JOAT, and you can't reveal them with poison fields bc they'll hop right over them. It's almost impossible to escape being dismounted in there, or recover from a dismount if you can't separate yourself from a stealther with fields, and can't teleport away when his crew is going to dump you. That's pretty unfair. If teleporting isn't allowed, then shadow jumping shouldn't be either.

Was shadow jumping being allowed there an oversight? Or is this working as intended, and if so, why?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought you cant stealth in there without being revealed?

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That would be news to me cuz reveal spell, detect hidden, and good ole earthquaking has never yielded me the desired results. A stealth herder frequents BT's fel quite often.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
On Siege at least, I get revealed most of the time, just from the spawn or the auto reveal code they put in ?

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slightly incorrect. You can stealth/stay hidden all day long unless you go near a monster. As soon as you do, you get auto-revealed.

hijii

Visitor
Why on earth would Blackthorn's fel dungeon be designed so that mages cannot teleport, but stealth-ninjas can shadow jump.

Stealthers are almost impossible to reveal nowadays even if you get a lucky track on them with JOAT, and you can't reveal them with poison fields bc they'll hop right over them. It's almost impossible to escape being dismounted in there, or recover from a dismount if you can't separate yourself from a stealther with fields, and can't teleport away when his crew is going to dump you. That's pretty unfair. If teleporting isn't allowed, then shadow jumping shouldn't be either.

Was shadow jumping being allowed there an oversight? Or is this working as intended, and if so, why?
Waah waah!

I want my 100 points in magery to annull the benefits of someone investing half of his chars skill points in hiding stealth and ninjitsu!!

Not fair mommy! Waah!!

Dexterslab

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Where is the option for normal dungeon-rules in Blackthorn-Dungeon Felucca? I can't vote for those two options. Hiding & stealth is useless there too. I think we need no special rules there. Everybody is his own sheriff ;)

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Waah waah!

I want my 100 points in magery to annull the benefits of someone investing half of his chars skill points in hiding stealth and ninjitsu!!

Not fair mommy! Waah!!
Um, that isn't what he said. AT ALL.

What he's actually complaining about is the inability teleport down there (which you can do in EVERY dungeon that isn't ML), but you can shadow jump (which I'm pretty sure you can do anywhere.)

But it's still ridiculous that ANYTHING you do to a stealther (i.e. poisoning them via field or using earthquake/another AoE spell) doesn't reveal them - they can just stealth away and you won't even know. Granted, hiding doesn't work in Blackthorn now, but you still have to be near mobs for that to happen.

hijii

Visitor
Um, that isn't what he said. AT ALL.

What he's actually complaining about is the inability teleport down there (which you can do in EVERY dungeon that isn't ML), but you can shadow jump (which I'm pretty sure you can do anywhere.)

But it's still ridiculous that ANYTHING you do to a stealther (i.e. poisoning them via field or using earthquake/another AoE spell) doesn't reveal them - they can just stealth away and you won't even know. Granted, hiding doesn't work in Blackthorn now, but you still have to be near mobs for that to happen.
Yeah you are right, there real are two issues in the first post. First being stealth: stealthers devot 200 skill points to be able to 'walk away'. Fair if you ask me. There's also detect hidden if that really bugs you.

Then there's shadowjump: ninjas have to devote 100 pts to be able to do that too. Fair if you ask me

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah you are right, there real are two issues in the first post. First being stealth: stealthers devot 200 skill points to be able to 'walk away'. Fair if you ask me. There's also detect hidden if that really bugs you.

Then there's shadowjump: ninjas have to devote 100 pts to be able to do that too. Fair if you ask me
Translation = it's fair because I don't want to have to fight people, because I know I'd die. But if you want to use the skill points argument: As a mage, I have to devote 240 to: A) Successfully cast spells B) Do damage with them C) Actually make sure some of them can do anything.

But think of if this way: You're hiding somewhere and you hear several loud noises. Wouldn't they scare the **** out of you and therefore cause you to come out of hiding? Why then, if a player takes a lot of damage (Earthquake and Meteor Swarm, for example), are they not revealed? Poison field, meh. Unless you cast it RIGHT on top of them, they can just avoid any existing fields via shadowjump or walking around them.

PS: Detect Hidden SUCKS. You have to get the exact tile, and if you don't have a clue as to where they are in the first place, good luck with that. Tracking can help you...IF you manage to track them before they hide. If they already are, JOAT Tracking won't work a vast majority of the time.

Cady

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
stealthers devot 200 skill points to be able to 'walk away'. Fair if you ask me.
And mages have 120 skills points to be able to 'teleport away'. If you take away their able to do that for no apparent reason, it's not fair if you ask me.

hijii

Visitor
And mages have 120 skills points to be able to 'teleport away'. If you take away their able to do that for no apparent reason, it's not fair if you ask me.
Meh... all stealth allows you to do is walk away from danger and stalk. a waste of 240 points if you ask me. if anything it should be given more power somehow. at the very least it should be countered by detect hidden which only requires 100 pts.

Magery does more than allow you to teleport and there is no way to annull a mages power other than a few tricks like shadow jump.