• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Technomancy or Exodus style deco?

N

Nh'bdy

General "weird science" sort of a vibe.Vats of goo, structures with glowing parts and interesting operations. Anyone have any suggestions for this style of decor?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I do, but I'm about to fall over from sleepiness right now. Remind me later to post some stuff, I've done a cute techno panel for a mad scientist lab and some specimen jar type things. Also I think those big things used to make golems would work well, stacked up and then maybe you could jerry rig some wires coming out of them with something. Use power crystals and comm crystals and other stuff that glows/moves. Also a regular goza on top of a few square ones to look like a lab table, then put body parts on it would be nice, and some blood pools and red dyed travesty piles...you could make a giant eyeball with a bagball and then a dyed floppy hat or something else round on it, then stick that in a tank or something.

Ok I'll come up with more later. *yawns* Sleepytime!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, list of weird things that you might find in a mad scientist lab:

healthy gland
body parts
plague beast mutation core
control crystal (also you can use squirrel trapped in crystal etc)

more technical type stuff:
computers (desktop variety):

control panel and terrariums, they look really good with the bagballs green also I've seen, for specimin jars:

tinkered necklaces make ok wires, and you can get different colors that way. You could probably do a small tokuno painting, shadow dyed, then do some tinkered jewelry on top of it to look like a panel with wires coming out, and stick that in front of a stack of those golem making thingies, or just put it right on the wall.

N

Nh'bdy

Prison carts have wheels! The wheel exists in Ultima! Plows have wheels!

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, and if it all runs on magic anyway, we don't exactly need electricity to have a mad scientist lab. That's what crystals are for!

I like the idea. :D Can't wait to see what you do with it!