• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Technical question on Castles...

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, I saw this thread: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=207403 and it made me finally decide to post a question that I've always wondered about. The handful of times in my life I've attempted to place a castle I've gotten two messages. One says something to the effect of invalid terrain and the other message says no castles can be built here. There have been times I KNOW that a castle should be able to fit, but have gotten the "Castles cannot be placed here" but I could place an 18 x 18. Are the certain areas or facets (malas, Ter Mur, Tokono) that prevent a castle from being placed? And, is there a list in some magical place where I can view it?

Come to think of it... I don't believe I've ever seen a house placed in Tokono. Has anyone seen one placed there?

On the matter... does anyone happen to know the most unpopulated shard by chance? I know, kinda a weird question, but if one were desperate enough to change shards just to place a castle, then the odds would be better on a lesser populated shard, no?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Castles can only be placed in trammel and felucca

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, yes, I do remember that contest La Belle. And thank you Flutter, that was the answer I was looking for.

I don't know why there can't be castles in the Tokono lands. Just add a "Japanese flare" to them. You know, same size and everything, pagoda roofs or something.

Now... I wonder what the most unpopulated shard is.... =-)