• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tech help with the Stratics update program?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They are actually still largely valid :)

General updates:
1) For the Legacy client, both uo.cfg and macros.txt are now found in
C:\Documents and Settings\<Your windows login>\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy\User Data\<Your UO account>\<Your shard>\<Your character name>\
instead of
<UO program folder>\Desktop\[accountname]\[shardname]\[charactername]​

2) macros.txt has been renamed to macros2d.txt

3) There are still master copies of both these files in the UO program folder. Whenever the client can't find a personalized copy of either of the 2 files, it will make a copy of these files into the folders in point 1. That means having copying pre-configured UO.cfg and macros2d.txt files in the UO program folder will allow new characters to use these pre-configured settings and macros

4) For the SA client, there are no UO.cfg or macros.txt file. Instead an XML file that stores all the macros/toolbars/gump positions is saved in
C:\Documents and Settings\<Your windows login>\My Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Stygian Abyss\User Data\lezlee\<Your UO account>\<Your shard>\​
There will be a file there for each character name. Note that these files do not have a 3 letter file extension.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updates for UO.cfg:

The following options I believe are defunct now. They are either not available or don't do anything anymore:
1) AcctPassword=[encrypted string]
2) AssumePlayAsGhost=[On/Off]*
3) RememberAcctPW=[On/Off]*
4) SavePassword=[On/Off]*
5) The translation server stuff:
# TranslationServer=[On/Off]*
# TranslationServerAutomatic=[On/Off]*
# TranslationServerIPAddress
# TranslationServerSystranDocumentType
# TranslationServerSystranNFWMarker
# TranslationServerSystranTopicalGlossaries
# TranslationServerTranslatorName
# TranslationServerUserLanguageCode​
6) ChestOpening=[On/Off]*
7) EnableMessenger=[On/Off]*
8) CdRomDataPath=[Path]*

These are new/missing ones when I compared with my own uo.cfg file:
AlwaysRun=
BuffIconsGumpMinMinorAxisSize=
BuffIconsGumpOrientation=
ChatFontNumber=
ClientFirstLaunch=
ColorOutOfRange=
CombatMusic=
CurrentStatusGump=
DarkNights=
Desolation=
DisableMenubar=
GlobalQueue=
IgnoreAllianceChat=
IgnoreGuildChat=
ItemPropsIcon=
NewbieDesktop=
NextLoginKey=
ObjectHandles=
PartyMessageColor=
ReduceFramerate=
ShiftForContext=
ShowBuffIconsGumpAtStartup=

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The cache sizes do something different now than they did in the "run from CD" era. But they are still valid commands, and the devs have recommended in the past to change them to 1024 or twice your RAM (MB), whichever is lower (default is 25). The client will run MUCH smoother with the change.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a lot both :).

I wish they'd change the default on that Basara, I'd completely forgotten it since I re-installed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are three lines in the old info that aren't in the current default list. I decided to see whether they worked when added.
CensorBlood=[On/Off]
CensoredBloodColor=#[000000-FFFFFF]
CensorFlesh=[On/Off]*

The results were interesting.

I hit a corpser and got green blood, I killed some shadow wisps and looted these :D