• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Targeting Confusion

S

Stark_Atl

I'm a little confused about how the new targeting system is supposed to work.

Last night I was in Despise working the Ettins and Earth Ele's. I would click to target a monster and go into attack mode. Seems like sometimes I would still have to double click the creature. If I wanted to switch targets, I would press tab... but I found myself having to double click on creatures a lot to actually start attacking them. Sometimes I would have the targeting reticle thingy on a monster and he would just be wailing on me while I stood there doing nothing... in war mode.

Also, when I tried to set up an Honor macro, I tried to use the Current Target action, but I still have to use the cursor to select it. Has anyone been able to set up a macro that would honor what you have already targeted with the new system?

Note that I am not using Legacy Targeting.

Thanks!

Y

Yacct

Targeting a monster and going into war mode won't attack the creature. You must either attack it directly or auto-defend when the target attacks you. To attack it directly, you can either double-click it in war-mode or use the 'Attack Current' Action. Just create a macro or hotbar it. Then in play, press Tab until you reach your desired target, tap your new Attack Current hotkey and voila angry ettins.

As for Honor, none of the virtue Actions work with Current Target unfortunately.. You'll need to create the following macro:

1. Honor
2. Wait for Targeting Cursor
3. Cursor Target Current

I may be off on the names..

You could even combine honor with attacking the nearest enemy:

1. Enemy Target Nearest
2. Honor
3. Wait for Targeting Cursor
4. Cursor Target Current
5. Attack Current

I'm a big fan of target nearest since it's more predictable which one you'll target.

S

Stark_Atl

Awesome! Thanks so much! I can't wait to try this out... :)