• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Target Reticle Art

F

Fink

Is there any chance we'll be able to mod the target reticle* art? (*the animated gold ring around the current target)

The knotted look is great for Celtic or elvish stuff but it would be nice to have custom ones such as a compass ring, clockwork gear, pentagram, arcane circle, virtue roundel, etc.

I feel opening up this feature to modding would really add the finishing touch to skins.

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would love to change this too, but I have not seen a way to do so. The art isn't available to us, not to mention the code (as far as I have seen). It would be nice to tone it down and even highlight the appropriate color depending on the target.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I came back from Everquest and saw the Target Circle (I assume this is what your talking about) it looked mostly identical to what Everquest had and they color coded their's but it meant something different. Everquest being a level based game it would range from Green (Trivial), Cyan (mostly trivial but get experience point), Blue (Peer level good experience), Red (your probably gonna die).

So what would you do with the color's?

Zym Dragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd use the same notoriety color highlighting that UO currently uses. Red, blue, gray, orange, green, etc. It would be fun to design different circles for each color too.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah you got my vote and yes I totally agree.

More so on the color and kind of indifferent on the shape change.

F

Fink

I'd use the same notoriety color highlighting that UO currently uses. Red, blue, gray, orange, green, etc. It would be fun to design different circles for each color too.
Those are some good ideas.. colouring or switching rings would be great.