• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Tangle Cloth Robe & 2x Blessed Evil Mage Robe

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The tangle-cloth robe is self explanatory, I think.

The evil mage robe is the old ones that would spawn on evil mage lords, color is the same as "Leppy Boots" or shadow dancer hue. Must be double-blessed.

Paying handsomely for both or either. Thanks for reading.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to be safe, I would hold off on buying any doggy duped colors glacial/ethy/tangle cloth color as Mythic's announced the reversal of ethy and a few peoples glacial items were turned to normal hue. I'm sure tangle is next on their list.

It makes me upset, when I see people still buying these after I warn them about the reversal, but the person selling is just calling me a liar. Oh well!

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tangle didnt exist when the doggy duping was going on... i dont see how it would be illegal in the game to cut up tangles and use the cloth to make other stuff

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some dblessed evil mage items that I have had put back since the cloth appeared. If you are paying handsomely, send me a pm and I can show you the items. I do still have the ones I have because they don't go for cheap :)

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tangle didnt exist when the doggy duping was going on... i dont see how it would be illegal in the game to cut up tangles and use the cloth to make other stuff
Have you tried cutting up a Tangle?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just a fyi the tangle colored cloth (blue/green) was not created via the doggy dupe "originally" on pacific. So I wouldn't consider it to be among the list of nameless special hued items that were created with the changeling dupe.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone give me some insight on what doggy dupe is? I was on a break when the tangle colored cloth appeared so I have no idea of it's origin. I see it on a few vendors in Luna and want a robe to match my hair, tangle, and Mesanna boots. But I don't want to be involved in any illegal items.

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see your point about the apron being blue/green color, but the original color of a few glacial items (Ones that weren't doggy duped and given out at EM event) lost their color. At this point I wouldn't put anything past the Devs after Neon Dye tubs and ethy clothing. I didn't see anything made about the original Cloak Of Shadows (Wherever that is probably lost forever) keeping its ethy hue.

Will the tangle color be changed? Probably not, but I sure as heck aint going to take my chances wasting all that gold until some sort of statement is made about the specific color being legal/illegal. Not everyone has billions of gold to waste. =p

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone give me some insight on what doggy dupe is? I was on a break when the tangle colored cloth appeared so I have no idea of it's origin. I see it on a few vendors in Luna and want a robe to match my hair, tangle, and Mesanna boots. But I don't want to be involved in any illegal items.
u know the imprisoned dog in a crystal thing that travesty drops? well it acts like a changeling, and for a lil while people were able to take the armor/clothing etc off of it when they had one, so they would walk it around people or vendors wearing glacial or ethy items (or subdue/pacify etc) until it became a copy of them and then they would simply take the rare colored items off... i believe the actual changelings in weald acted similar to this and u could wear something urself and have the changeling copy u, then kill the changeling and get a color copy off the corpse

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
u know the imprisoned dog in a crystal thing that travesty drops? well it acts like a changeling, and for a lil while people were able to take the armor/clothing etc off of it when they had one, so they would walk it around people or vendors wearing glacial or ethy items (or subdue/pacify etc) until it became a copy of them and then they would simply take the rare colored items off... i believe the actual changelings in weald acted similar to this and u could wear something urself and have the changeling copy u, then kill the changeling and get a color copy off the corpse
The sad part now is that so many of these items were mass produced by some during this exploit, and many profited. It is disturbing that so many years later that they are going to make the change after the damage is done.

As with any item, it should be a "buyer beware" situation --- do the research when you purchase anything if you are unfamiliar. I still have a sigil hued orc mask that I would be pissed if it was reverted. I will be the same if they do this to any etheral clothing I have purchased due to this.....but I guess they can change it as it goes .... so there isn't much that I, nor anyone else, can really do about it other than voice opinions and see what happens down the road.