• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T'amon's UOAssist FAQ - needs some updating

• Thread starter T_Amon_from_work
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

T_Amon_from_work

The original thread of “UO Assist for New Users” contained all sorts of tips and techniques throughout a lot of messages. I decided to see about arranging things in a new thread, but retaining names of persons contributing all the information as a “Contributors List”.

I would appreciate trying to keep this in some semblance of order, though! Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: Neither the Stratics Network nor EA/Mythic provide technical support for UO Assist. UO Assist is created and maintained by Tugsoft. You can locate it here. Also, much of what is discussed in here is available at the Tugsoft site under the “UOAssist Help” link … although some of that is a bit out of date due to changes! <shrug>

The assistance you get here is from players who have experience with this product. As of 20 Feb 2008, UOA an approved add-on for the UO 2D client.

General Q&A:

Do I need to use UOA if I am in a guild?
Only if the guild requires it for some reason, otherwise the answer is no.

Can I use my registered UOA on a different system? How about a different account?
On a different system, yes if using the account UOA was registered for. You only need to resend the seed value to obtain the key for it.

On a different account (see the underlined part above?) you must register with Tugsoft again. The registration key is for UO account that is using the product … different account = different registration.

After the UOA patch screen appears it won’t open UO. Why not?
Look at the settings for this … you should tell it the correct client to use. Also, if you installed to a different folder path than expected, you might have to point to the correct one.

Table of Contents (Links)

LINK: Configuration Tabs: “Common” and “Display”
LINK: Configuration Tabs: “Keys” and “Skills”
LINK: Looting, Carving and Ore Handling
LINK: Resources: User and Counting
LINK: Doing 2 Things In 1 Macro
LINK: Agents: Sell, Organizer, Vendor <== undergoing rebuild
LINK: Multiple: Make Last, Fishing, Tailor
LINK: Macros Disappear
LINK: (LONG) Combat: Greater Expl
LINK: UOA and Bulk Order Deeds 3.2

Contributors List:
4Favre4
Bentley0987
Cinder Phame
ColdCell
Evilmoocowgod
Gideon_Mallor GL
GragusMortal
Lamech
Lugh Simaldinach
Magdalene
MitchC
Py Lethius
seril
T’Amon-from work
Trelim
Vidala
Vixen4u
WinterFrost

T

T_Amon_from_work

Configuration Tabs: “Common” and “Display”

If you just got UOA you should seriously look through the items listed here and figure out how you intend to use them – if at all.

The “Common” tab:
This one is purely user choice with the options taken here perhaps applying to all characters.

(T’Amon-from work sez I have checked the GM mark auto-respond as YES, Stay on top and Global. For filtering, all except horses and pack sounds are blocked.

The “Display” tab:
There is an option in this tab to use the titlebar for information display. This is a very good item to check if you are playing in windowed mode (black border around the game window). It will get a lot of things out of the way, but easily visible.

Entries on the titlebar can be any combination of the following things:
... Character name
... A stat bar with 3 different options for showing it – numeric seems to be the choice for most players.
... Physical Resist.
... Weight (really helpful)
... Gold
... Reagents (both Mage and Necromancer!!)
... Tithing points (for Paladins)
... Arrow and Bolts
... Potions (Healing and Cure)
... And last is "User" (see Resources tab for establishing these)

For the entries on the right side of this tab you can select:
Stat/Skill Changes
With this on it shows when you gain in a skill or a stat as a system message.

Container count
Whenever you open a bag it will tell you how many items are in it as a system message.

Warn when overweight
If you go over your weight limit it will tell you in a system message.

Show spell with powerwords
Now this is a nice one. When you (or someone else) casts a spell it will tell you what it is. Instead of seeing "Corp Por" you will see "Corp Por - Energy Bolt" makes it much easier than memorizing every spells powerwords.

View yourself as:
This will only affect how YOU see yourself, not others, so being a Daemon is only in your eyes. However, poster “seril” points out that if you are say, dead at a Harrower or champ spawn and want to take color screen shots or just see what the champs/Harrowers life is at. As a ghost you can only see in black and white and you cannot pull lifebars. If you turn into say, a chicken ( or anything from the menu) you can see in color and pull lifebars.

Speech text color:
The handiest thing this is for is when at a player-run auction. All other players text shows in your journal as the selected color. Your speech will be unaltered.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Configuration Tabs: “Keys” and “Skills”

The “Keys” tab:
Under this tab are many useful built in macros.

Assigning a keypress:
For any item in the function list, it may or may not have a pre-assigned keypress. To clear an assigned key, select the function and then click in the gray box to the right that is labeled “Hotkey:”. Then click the “Clear Hotkey” button.

To establish a keypress, click on the function, then click in the “Hotkey:” box. That box should be empty. Now simply press the key(s) that you want to use for that function. This will assign that keystroke.

Bandage Self
The most useful one has to be this one. As long as you have bandages (enhanced or unenhanced) in your backpack and counted this will apply a bandage to yourself.
(Trelim sez I couldn't live without that on my warriors, or healer/mage.

Drink <potion>
There are several “Drink …” macros that can be set for cure, heal, refresh and nightsight. If you have the need for potion usage, these could be very useful to you – and faster than a double-click of the pack items.

Play macro …
These are the keys for the 16 user-definable macros that can be used for the character. It might be a good idea to assign a keypress to these, even if you have nothing recorded yet. Then you will be ready when you do record a macro!

Other functions …
Look through the entire list of predefined function in order to avoid defining something as a macro when it exists and simply may need a key assignment.

The Skills Tab:
This one will be shorter than the others. This shows all your current skill and stat levels, along with locks. You can sort them by 5 different ways.

Name
Sort of self-explanatory … it’s an alphabetical list of the skills!

Value
The current skill level (Which counts any skill modifiers)

Change
To many this seems useless, but it will list skills by how much the value has changed since you logged on. (T’Amon sez: I use this as I track changes outside of UO and it’s very easy to keep things updated.)

Base Skill
Since AoS it's basically the same as Value, aside from the fact you can get Enhanced skill from the use of Jewelry, Mining Gloves, and Ancient Smithing Hammers.

Lock
Displays skills by current lock status. Shows in order of, Skills set to raise, skills set to drop and then locked skills.

With UOAssist you can set the status of any skill or stat (Raise, Lower, Lock). To do so you have 2 options ...

Set all skill states
Click that and you can set every skill to Raise, Lower or Locked.

Specific Skill state
Next you can right click on any specific skill and change it. Move up will set the skill to raise, move down will set it to lower, Locked will lock it.

Stats
For these you have to "Toggle" it until you get the right state. Much easier to do in the client itself.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Looting, Carving and Ore Handling

Will UOA loot my kills for me?
No, it will not. If that ability was ever in UOA, it was removed in order to attain approval for usage with UO. Anyone stating they are using UOA to do so, is either telling you falsehoods, or using an unauthorized change to the program and/or environment.

WARNING:
The use of unauthorized programs or add-ons with UO can cause your account to at least be “marked” or even banned. Read the Terms of Service (ToS) here. Each time you use UO, you are implicitly agreeing to all terms and rules set forth by EA.

How can I setup a macro to carve a corpse, auto-loot the hides and cut them up?
You cannot do all of that in UOA and there is an alternative to UOA that can do this!

UOA first:
Setup a UOA macro to carve the corpse
Click RECORD
Double-click your knife
Click the corpse
Click STOP
Highlight the TARGET line and delete it
Only remaining line should be “Use item”
Set a title for the macro

Now manually open the corpse and drag the hides into the backpack

Setup a UOA macro using the scissors to cut the hides.
Select an available macro number
Click RECORD
Double-click your scissors
Target the hides
Click STOP
Set a title for the macro
Right-click the TARGET line and change to “Select target type”

Alternate method:
Get yourself a Butchers War Cleaver (BWC). Now setup a UOA macro to carve the corpse – just like above – EXCEPT use the BWC instead of the dagger. Again the only line should be “Use item”. A BWC will carve the corpse, cut the hides and place the cut items in your backpack. You still need to open the corpse for gems, gold and other stuff.

The “downside” to a BWC: The only current limit to this is if the hides would take your weight over 390 stone, the cut items will remain on the corpse!

How can I divide a large stack of ore into smaller piles with UOA?
Sorry, but this is not possible. Attempts to get that function approved have failed.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Resources: User and Counting

I have counted resources but they don’t show up on the titlebar. What’s wrong?
Look in the “Display” tab and insure you have checked the boxes for the items you want displayed.

When I click the key for “Bandage self” it doesn’t work. What’s wrong?
Force a count of resources by opening UOA and going to the “Resources” tab. Click the “Count resources” button and wait until you see the counting finished message onscreen.

Alternate method:
With UOA docked, simply press the NUM LOCK key. Once resource counting it is completed, press NUM LOCK again to force a second count and return the key to its original state.

WARNING:
If you carry trapped pouches to break paralyze spells, this will set them off! It’s advisable to drop them out of the backpack until you are finished counting resources. You’ll want to see if you can set the trapped items in the “Do NOT count” list under the “Advanced” button on the “Resources” tab.

I have things other than reagents that I would like to count – bandages, shovels. How do I?
Open UOA and go to the “Resources” tab. Select a “User” button (1 or 2) and click it. Follow the prompts, but basically you …
Click “Set item” and target the item
Click the “set text” option to label the item in the titlebar

Force a resource count. Voila!

NOTE:
In newer versions, I *think* the “Advanced” button the “Resources” tab will allow you to choose up to four additional “User” settings – total of 6.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Doing 2 Things In 1 Macro

How can I scribe several scrolls AND Meditate in one macro?
Put the meditation part in the beginning of the macro. Like:
Use skill: Meditation
Wait till mana is XX
Scribe
scribe
scribe
and hit the Macro button every time you're done making the scroll batch.

The first run will be short in the medi-wait part, of course.

Is there a way to exercise Hiding or Spirit Speak as I train up other skills?
Let’s use a Miner and assuming you will manually target a spot for the first dig attempt, setup a “dig twice then SS” macro like this:
Pick an open macro slot, press “Record”
Double-click the digging tool (shovel or pickaxe or Gargoyle pickaxe)
Target the spot you just hit manually
Double-click the digging tool
Target the spot again
In the skill scroll, click the blue gem for Spirit Speak
Click the “Stop” button
Put a title on the macro

The macro should look something like:
Use item
Target
Use item
Target
Use skill/spell

For each “Use item” entry, right-click it and change to “Use item type”.
For each “Target” entry, right-click it and change to the “Last target” option.
Now for each “Last target” line:
Click the “Last target” line
Click the “Pause after” button
The default is 2000 (2 milliseconds) – either accept this or change it to another value then click OK.

Now when you kick this puppy off, you should dig the selected spot 2 times and exercise Spirit Speak – potentially building skill in Mining and SS in one pass. Good luck!

T

T_Amon_from_work

Agents: Sell, Organizer, Vendor

Sell is here ... the rest is being rebuilt. T
===========
What is the “Sell Agent” and how does it work?
Now THIS is one nice feature. Basically you set up a pack as the “sell bag”. You then add items to the list of salable stuff in the white box when they are in the pack.

You COULD setup an Organizer Agent to target the bag as a “drop” bag of anything you loot. Then when you have looted the dead foe of anything you want, kick off the OA to drop armor, weapons, gems, etc into the “Sell Agent” (SA) bag. This will take time to establish the list for items needing to be added.

SELLING!!
Now go to town … any town. Go to the various NPC shops and select the sell option on the menu or speak “vendor sell”. Whatever is in the SA bag that the NPC can buy will be purchased and you will get the gold in your pack – or in the bank in a check if you are heavily weighted down.

Rinse/repeat for any additional NPCs you want to visit.

T’Amon note:
I do not loot everything off monsters unless I am short of armor and weapons for the smith to enhance. I do loot gems, ores, bones and some other stuff. I drop the ores and bones at the house then make the NPC rounds. For gems, go directly to the Provisioner.

Warning!!
The sell agent will sell ANYTHING in that bag that can be sold, so make sure that piece of uber armor you want to keep is NOT in there!

To come - Organizer and Vendor Agents

T

T_Amon_from_work

Macros Disappear

When I finish recording a spell then go to record a second one, the second one records but my first one is gone. What’s wrong?
After recording a macro, make sure you have clicked the STOP button before moving on to another one.

All my macros are gone after a UOA update. HELP!!!
Sometimes there are client patches that will make your UOA macros all seem to go <poof>. In many cases, UOA will display a message to the effect that the data stream has changed. Some cases, like a recent patch will NOT warn you.

What to do, what to do ...
1. Log out of the UO client and quit it completely.
2. Open Windows Explorer and you should locate your character macros in folders under this path:
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\<account>\<shard>
3. For whatever character you need to "adjust", select the appropriate folder and copy it.
4. Then paste it one level UP ... in the following folder:
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\<account>
5. Restart UOA/UO and go have fun.
Soooo, in my case
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\<account>\LakeAustin\Spin Nakor
gets copied and pasted ... thereby being in:
c:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\<account>\Spin Nakor
Hope this helps!

T

T_Amon_from_work

(LONG) Combat: Greater Expl

Is there a way to toss Greater Explosion potions in UOA?
Actually, yes if you’re willing to invest a few minutes of time following these instructions (reposted from Alchemists Forum and reformatted slightly):

Responses to this are for 1, 2 or 3-bomb setups. Instructions are basically the same, except for 3-bomb. Each is marked as to what it will do.

Go to the UOA macro directory which should be a path something like:
C:\Program Files\Tugsoft\UOAssist\UOA-Settings\[account name]\[shard]\[character]
In here will be some files named UOA-Macro##.cfg where ## will be a number 1 – 16 to represent a macro slot.

In Windows Notepad, open an existing macro file or plan on saving as a new one.

Depending on which bomb macro you want, select the text from below – starting at “Locked=0” to the last ##RY=999 line.

Press CTRL-C to copy it, change to Notepad and CTRL-V to paste it in.

If the cfg file was already existing, do File &amp;#61672; Save from Notepad.

If this is a new file, File &amp;#61672; Save as and supply a correctly formatted name for the file (UOA-Macro##.cfg where ## is a 2-digit number for the slot).

3-Bomb setup:
You need two (2) inner packs/bags to do this.

Distribute the bombs evenly between your main pack, bag 1, and bag 2...

Next, go into your UOA macros and go to the 3 bomb macro...

Click on the 4th line of the macro and hit "Load Item Bag" and dbl-click/open Bag 1.

Now on the 7th line, you'll need to load bag 2...

Then on the 13th line, load bag 1 again..

And last, on the 16th line, load bag 2 again...

And thats it. You may have to adjust some of the pauses in the macro, but thats about it. The 2 bomb is roughly the same, except you only need one bag instead of 2 and you'll load that bag on lines 4 and 10...

SUGGESTION:
Fine tune the macros with timings, etc by using NPC lesser potions. It’s cheaper and SAFER!

Single-Bomb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=Single Bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D0F26F685
0EDSZ=5
0CK=32
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D902194EE0090203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=130
1RX=64198
1RY=64477
2MT=4
2DV=3200
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=8
3ED=0D0F26F685
3EDSZ=5
3CK=32
3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=17
4ED=D902194EE0090209908E2C16E24421010AFB45
4EDSZ=19
4CK=413
4RX=3
4RY=999
5MT=4
5DV=500
5RX=999
5RY=999

Double-Bomb:
[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=Double Bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D03C784ED
0EDSZ=5
0CK=45
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D90211C7FE4F0203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=236
1RX=64340
1RY=61930
2MT=4
2DV=1200
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=3
3ED=0D07CC40C8
3EDSZ=5
3CK=242
3BD=417789C8417789CC4177893541778929
3BDSZ=16
3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=1
4ED=D90211C7FE4F0203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
4EDSZ=19
4CK=236
4RX=64340
4RY=61930
5MT=4
5DV=1700
5RX=999
5RY=999
6MT=8
6ED=0D03C7744E
6EDSZ=5
6CK=63
6WE=3343
6RX=999
6RY=999
7MT=17
7ED=D90211C7FE4F0211C7FE4F024904E901027B30
7EDSZ=19
7CK=630
7DWE=134217728
7RX=64414
7RY=62034
8MT=4
8DV=1000
8RX=999
8RY=999
9MT=3
9ED=0D07CC40C8
9EDSZ=5
9CK=242
9BD=417789C8417789CC4177893541778929
9BDSZ=16
9WE=3343
9RX=999
9RY=999
10MT=17
10ED=D90211C7FE4F0211C7FE4F024904E901027B30
10EDSZ=19
10CK=630
10DWE=134217728
10RX=64414
10RY=999
11MT=4
11DV=500
11RX=99911RY=999

Triple-Bomb:
[**Macro Data**]
Locked=0
MacroName=3 bomb
0MT=8
0ED=0D0739792F
0EDSZ=5
0CK=182
0WE=3343
0RX=999
0RY=999
1MT=1
1ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
1EDSZ=19
1CK=353
1RX=64196
1RY=64480
2MT=4
2DV=850
2RX=999
2RY=999
3MT=3
3ED=0D07E56071
3EDSZ=5
3CK=12

3WE=3343
3RX=999
3RY=999
4MT=1
4ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
4EDSZ=19
4CK=353
4RX=64196
4RY=64480
5MT=4
5DV=850
5RX=999
5RY=999
6MT=3
6ED=0D07E56014
6EDSZ=5
6CK=-15
6WE=3343
6RX=999
6RY=999
7MT=1
7ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
7EDSZ=19
7CK=353
7RX=64196
7RY=64480
8MT=4
8DV=850
8RX=999
8RY=999
9MT=8
9ED=0D073979EC
9EDSZ=5
9CK=180
9WE=3343
9RX=999
9RY=999
10MT=17
10ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
10EDSZ=19
10CK=353
10RX=64196
10RY=64480
11MT=4
11DV=850
11RX=999
11RY=999
12MT=3
12ED=0D07E56071
12EDSZ=5
12CK=12
12WE=3343
12RX=999
12RY=999
13MT=17
13ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
13EDSZ=19
13CK=353
13RX=64196
13RY=64480
14MT=4
14DV=850
14RX=999
14RY=999
15MT=3
15ED=0D07E56014
15EDSZ=5
15CK=-15
15WE=3343
15RX=999
15RY=999
16MT=17
16ED=D9021163FCE50203040501FDFCFBFA01020304
16EDSZ=19
16CK=353
16RX=64196
16RY=999
17MT=4
17DV=500
17RX=999
17RY=999

T

T_Amon_from_work

UOA and Bulk Order Deeds 3.2

Grab yourself a soft drink, beer or other leisure-time beverage and start reading ... this gets a bit lengthy.

Software that is required:
A fully working copy of UO Assist from Tugsoft - hereafter called UOA.
A copy of UO Bulk Order Deeds 3.2 (or later) from here - hereafter called UOB.
Windows Notepad or other text editor (optional).

Optimal ingame requirements:
A character that's not carrying much
An inner pack that will be used for the UOA part of this
The BOD book you're going to work with
Time and patience - especially for hundred/thousands of BODs

UOA setup/process:
1. Make sure you have a keystroke assigned to the Organizer Agent #1, #2 or #3. You will need one of these.

2. In the Organizer Agent, set the inner pack as the Org bag (OA bag).

3. In the Vendor Agent, set the same bag as the agent bag.
*** We will now call this the OA/VA bag.
4. Grab a BOD book and insure it is named. To do this, click the book select the set name option and enter the name for it. Press ENTER to set the name.

5. Open the BOD book and set the filter to ALL sizes, ALL quality, select either Blacksmith or Tailor, set ALL for quantity and apply.

6. Now start dropping BODs out of the book into your pack. Go for as many as you want to do in one pass.

7. In Organizer Agent, add a BOD in the large white window by right-clicking the window, select add item and target 1 BOD.
RECOMMENDED: Right-click "a bulk order deed" and select positioning. Choose upper left as the position. This will come in handy later.

8. Hit the keypress to activate OA and sit back while the BODs are transferred.

9. When all done, open the pack if it not already open. Switch UOA to the Vendor Agent.

10. In the Vendor Agent, click "More information ..."

11. Right-click the white window and select the update information option.

12. When done, right-click the window again and select copy to clipboard.

13. Click the "X" in the upper right to close this window, minimize UOA.
UOB processing:
1. Open UOB and select "My BODs".

2. Click "UOA Import" in the lower right. A message stating "Loading" will display briefly.

3. You should now have a grid of the BODs you just entered. Scroll to the right until the BOD Book column is visible.
Below are two ways to enter the BOD Book value as this import does not seem to handle it - even when setting Manage Books to the right value. <shrug>

Update option #1
4. Double-click a BOD, select "Manage Books" from the display.

5. In the drop-down window, select the book you want and click OK.

6. You are back to the BOD grid ... keep repeating these steps until all the newly imported items have a book name.
Update option #2 - not for the faint of heart
4. Double-click the first new BOD, select "Manage Books" from the display.

5. Select the book from the drop-down and click OK.

6. Double-click the LAST new BOD and repeat the book assignment.
There is a cleanup from this process - after the next section. Just keep going!

Cleanup from one pass:
7. In UO, drag the BOD book into the OA/VA pack and place it near the nicely stacked BODs.

8. Pick up and drop the BODs back into the book ... note what the first one is if there are still remaining BODs to do!! This step is easy if you positioned the BODs as they are well ordered and a snap to handle quickly.

9. When all BODs from this pass are back in the book, put it in your main pack and go back to UOA step 5 to start another group of BODs.
Keep repeating these steps for the book if you have to!! I found doing 40 - 50 at a time was about right. You decide.

Update option #2 - fill in the gaps
Okay, remember you only tagged the first and last BOD of a group that you imported? Now you're going to fill in the rest of the Book Name values!!

STRONG SUGGESTION:
Do this after you log out of UO ... it may take some time and you don't want the game to timeout on you. Also close down UOB completely.

The data you have been entering is kept in XML files in the program directory - "c:\Program Files\NinjaPufferEnterprises\UO Bulk Order Deeds"

Make a copy of "My Bods.xml" before doing anything!!
1. Open the XML file for editing (right-click and select EDIT - Notepad should open). You'll see something like this:
<MyBODs Version="3">
<BODBooks>
<Book ID="1b813af4-cc81-4193-bff4-579f3ad1c2c2" Name="Cloth - Sm - 10" />
</BODBooks>
<BODs>
<Small>
<BOD ID="2c9588b7-d142-48ad-a3e7-eebe3bd382c1" Type="Tailor" Exceptional="True" Material="" Name="Body Sash" TotalCount="10" CompletedCount="0" BODBook="1b813af4-cc81-4193-bff4-579f3ad1c2c2" />
... and so on ...

2. Locate the FIRST entry that has BODBook="" at the very end of the entry. Go back one BOD entry and you will see a filled in BOD Book identifier.

3. Select and copy the value that is between the "" marks.

4. Starting with the record identified in step 2 here, click so that your cursor is between the quotes and paste (CTRL-V) in the value you just copied. Go to the next record and paste, then ...

5. Continue this until you see another filled BOD Book value. That's the end of a group you tagged earlier.

6. If you did more than one group with the first/last tagging, repeat steps 2 - 5 of this section until you are completely done.

7. Save the file.

8. Check your work by opening UOB and selecting the "My BODs" button.

9. Scroll right to see the book name values and scroll thru the list to insure no gaps exist.

10. Repair gaps by closing UOB and repeating the edit process.
Now you've finished one or more books and can continue with the chore ahead.

If you can figure out an easier method than I present here, by all means let me know! PM me and I will supply an email address you can send detailed steps to ... I'll verify workability and edit this post as needed.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Copied over from Player's Corner for you all to play with...