• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming

L

Lenwe

Hello all, just a quick question regarding taming:

Is it possible to make gains in taming with a pet if you have released it and try taming it again? In other words, say I tame a white wolf and gain some taming skill. Then I release it and tame it again. Is there a chance to still gain taming?

Thanks

E

envinyatar

From what I've been taught, no. I usually release and kill what I've tamed so that I can have a better chance at a gaining off a newly spawned animal, and also that someone else coming along after me can have a new animal, not a retame. Besides, if you're working on higher end tames, you earn yourself gold while you're working on skill.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok no you may not however its advisable if u tame something rename it so you know you have. I for instant add Vlad to its name or rename it Vlad. The next person to tame it will have a higher difficulty so then they add there tag and release. Then the next next person has even higher difficulty its very helpfull for people in the 100s + to tame retames if there not just getting there GGS and I wish people would rember that. We need to make the ridgebacks a safe place to tame again I used to get a few gains an hour at 116 and up at ridgebacks back when there were 5-10 peopel taming all the time. I need to redo my taming and I'm dreading it with out a proper taming community any more. But retames are better when u cant tame them any more then u kill them yes even at 118 u can have a ridgeback be to hard to tame. If any one wants to organize some proper taming let me know icq me or pm me lets get the community back where it was I miss my tamer buddys =)

L

Lorelei

Vlad,
For the retames, can two tamers rotate back and forth on these? (i.e. you tame and rename it Vlad, i tame Vlad and rename it Spot - can you then retame again?)

U

uoBuoY

Vlad,
For the retames, can two tamers rotate back and forth on these? (i.e. you tame and rename it Vlad, i tame Vlad and rename it Spot - can you then retame again?)
I think if you tame and release a pet, you have a 100% chance of re-taming so your not getting any gains after the first tame.

Yes you might gain by taming a beast that I just tamed but it's going to be difficult. For example...at 100 taming I have a 38.8% chance of taming a Bake Kitsuni. Once tamed, you have a 26.8% of taming the same Kit. The next guy has a 14.8% chance of taming that twice tamed Kit and so on.

Here's what I think is important in taming: non-agro critters and lots of them!Taming jewels/talismen are very important in training because you artifically shift your gain sweet-spot so you can stay longer with a good spawn. Increase you skill to get into a good spawn then decrease your skill as you gain.

This site is invaluable:
http://www.tamingarchive.com/main/whattotame.php?skill=98.2

Good Hunting

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No you cant rotate but if u have people at different levels you can easily keep the same taming order so u all get the most out of it the difficulty on the tame will be the same that way. Example (NOT USING REAL NUMBERS) Ok say difficulty to tame creature is normally 76.2 your at 77. You tame it get a gain stick and rename it to Fred and release. New difficultly to tame is say 83.4 next guy comes up with 84 taming tames gets a gain too renames it to FredBob and releases it. Third guy comes up new difficulty is now 90 hes at 92 tames renames FredBobJoe releases and so on at some point it will have had to many masters thats when u kill it. and start fresh but if your doing ridges for example the spawn is like 8-10 of them or something
so if theres 7 of you you all get to keep taming things that are varying difficulty's and which i think is very beneficial to gaining. Thats how it used to be a few years ago... When i went form 105-118 in a few weeks mind u i was taming a TON but still it was fun and social and it got the job done.

S

Silence_Fair

No you cant rotate but if u have people at different levels you can easily keep the same taming order so u all get the most out of it the difficulty on the tame will be the same that way. Example (NOT USING REAL NUMBERS) Ok say difficulty to tame creature is normally 76.2 your at 77. You tame it get a gain stick and rename it to Fred and release. New difficultly to tame is say 83.4 next guy comes up with 84 taming tames gets a gain too renames it to FredBob and releases it. Third guy comes up new difficulty is now 90 hes at 92 tames renames FredBobJoe releases and so on at some point it will have had to many masters thats when u kill it. and start fresh but if your doing ridges for example the spawn is like 8-10 of them or something
so if theres 7 of you you all get to keep taming things that are varying difficulty's and which i think is very beneficial to gaining. Thats how it used to be a few years ago... When i went form 105-118 in a few weeks mind u i was taming a TON but still it was fun and social and it got the job done.

All that naming and renaming can be fixed. . just when you go to rename add another A to it. . and the next person will know that a white wolf named "aa" is a retame and if he tames the creature and adds another A so that the next tame knows that "aaa" is a 3 timer. . it is a lot easier since if you name the wolf HunkeyDorie and someone else renames it SoWhat that tells the next person that it seems that this wolf has been tamed only one time when actually it has been tamed 3 times and he will have a hard time taming it if they can . . so I like the aa/aaa way of naming the retames. .
this is just MHO

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats better then nothing yes but if u add your own specific tag you then know weather or not you have tamed it.

Instead of say if everyoes just adding a to the name then u dont know if you have already tamed it u know how many times but it may be one you previously tamed and you wont know. Thats why I just tag animals with something unique.