• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming to GM?

• Thread starter Kattepis666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
K

Kattepis666

Atm i am training taming on my elf tamer. I quit right after ML came out and just got back to the game.
I am at 96 pure taming atm. But i cannot get to central ilshnar to tame ridgebacks since all entrances are blocked (why?).
Anyone knows a quiet ridgeback spawn where i can tame without being attacked every second?
Or do people do other things to get to 120?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki, you don't need to be taming ridgebacks yet.

I'd say do bulls to 108 if you can, then start with ridgebacks if you're tired of bulls.

I actually just tamed cu sidhe instead at that point, because the gains were so slow I combined taming training with taming pets to sell :D

I'm not sure why the Ilshenar entrances are blocked for you though, but it's been a while since I went near ridgebacks. What shard are you on?

Wenchy

K

Kattepis666

I am at atlantic atm.

Ill go for bulls when i can but its getting boring. But when i am at 108. Where should i go for Ridgebacks? Cent Ilsh is blocked. I went to the compassion moongate and went down to the left. I went trough a gipsy camp where a cave entrance is but it wasnt possible to enter due to rocks blocking the way.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No need to be too concerned. Since you're only at 96, reaching 108 should only take a year or two, at which time the entrances should be cleaned up.:devil:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, ridgebacks might be out of reach for a wee while then.

But honestly, you'll be getting better gains from bulls at your level, so I'd work those at least till GM. By which time the ridgebacks should hopefully be available.

Or do the cu thing. That certainly isn't boring ;)

Wenchy

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try the unicorns. That way, you can also donate them to the zoo for points.

K

Kattepis666

Wherent unicorns a girl only thing?
And where can i find Gamans?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wherent unicorns a girl only thing?
And where can i find Gamans?
Yes, but you can tame ki-rins in the same spot with a male tamer and do the same thing. Gamans can be found at the gate around Hamore-Jima (or however it's spelled).

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many ppl use jewelry with skill bonus to boost up their chances on tames/taming. On my fresh tamer I started with an advanced char token and jeweled up to 120 taming (+15 ring & bracelet + talisman). It feels to me, if gains are ok at the ki-rins/unicorns for the zoo. (Look for Grimwind Ruins. there are two spots with 1 pair of each with a fast respawn.) Beeing already at 120 I throw in a couple of cus from time to time and hope for a keeper among them.