Taming/Healing Macro

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
K

Kayne

I think i'm being dense at the moment but I can't get macro that works for healing 2 pets.

In 2D client I can't get it to wait for targ. I can do a select next follower but sometimes only one of the two pets is the one being damaged so it just keeps switching back and forward which can leave one pet getting damaged badly.

Any help much appreciated

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
You know you haven't used a macro in a while when you have to search your post history to find it lol. I think these should still work, and I think they're the ones I used for ages on my main tamer before I got UOA working on linux.

You could always just add in a pause if wait for target isn't working. I'd try it without any pauses/waits, then if the macro won't work, try one then the other. Sometimes my macros worked worse with a pause, even when I thought they needed one!

This first option works better if you have only 1 pet out.
Select next > Follower
Bandage target> Last Target

Clicking that macro will cycle through your followers each time so you heal one pet then the other. You can "skip" a pet by hitting the macro again, but obviously that can be quite risky in dangerous hunts :D

To vet the same pet a second time I made a second macro. From memory I think I just put in another select next >follower line, so it hopped back to the first pet.

I also have a key to just use a bandage and one to bandage last target. They're handy for vetting someone else's pet when you're hunting.

Wenchy

K

Kayne

Thanks for the reply Wenchkin. I had tried a delay on the target thing. Perhaps I need to try waitfortarg > delay > bandage target. I had been doing it the other way round with bandage target first.

The first one is the one I've been using with one pet out and it does work with no problems.

I think I'm still being very dense but how can you put a bandage on a key in 2D...I know it can be done with EC you just drag the item into a hotbar but I didnt know it could be done in 2D?

EDIT - tried the waitfortarg before and after bandagetarget and neither works, even with a delay of 1 in the middle.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the reply Wenchkin. I had tried a delay on the target thing. Perhaps I need to try waitfortarg > delay > bandage target. I had been doing it the other way round with bandage target first.

The first one is the one I've been using with one pet out and it does work with no problems.

I think I'm still being very dense but how can you put a bandage on a key in 2D...I know it can be done with EC you just drag the item into a hotbar but I didnt know it could be done in 2D?

EDIT - tried the waitfortarg before and after bandagetarget and neither works, even with a delay of 1 in the middle.
The macros with delays/waits seem to need a bit of trial and error with me, I sometimes needed a wait, then other times my macros would start going haywire and removing the wait fixed it. It has a mind of its own at times.

To put a bandie on 2D I just put bandage target I think.... with cursor as the target...or maybe I'm thinking EC macros... I'll try and have a fiddle in UO tomorrow when I've had some sleep, brain's gone into standby mode for the night lol.

Wenchy

K

Kayne

Thanks again Wenchkin, will be handy to know if there is a way to do that. If not I've stuck a separate bandage last target to get around this

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Ok, I was thinking EC when I mentioned the plain bandie macro...*facepalms self* You don't get the cursor as a target option in 2D. I suspect what I did with the 2D macro was target nearest follower or current target. I suspect it was current target, because I remember cursing when I disco'd a mob with my bard then tried to vet it lol.

Wenchy

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Feb 12, 2005
Awards
Atlantic born and raised
I have never found a way to set a good vet macro with just the CC. However, with UOAssist I have one key set for each of my pets. I don't have to worry about targetting them to pop the bandage on them. Just hit the key and it bandages that specific one. Plus you can also set a macro for getting on and off your mount will all kill already spammed as you dismount :D

*disclaimer*
This is not a paid endorsement of UOAssist, so there will be no legal jargon here. However for anyone that is a confirmed UOAddict, and only runs CC UOAssist can more than likely save you millions of double clicks, and possibly even save you from carpal tunnel. Just my opinion and I could be wrong. Anyone wishing to sue the poster of this meassage can call 1-666-3825-968! lol

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
I found the CC pretty awkward for vetting macros. I had to figure it out when I first ran UO on linux because I couldn't get UOA running at first. It was like being a newbie all over again lol.

Using two select next follower lines just to vet the same pet twice worked ok, but it would be much better if it had the option to bring up a cursor and set a target manually.

I must admit, even though I did manage to wean myself completely off UOA for ages, and figured out a lot of macros and tricks...I'm glad to have the option of UOA again. I only use it for vet macros and my crafters, but it's still handy to have :D

One day, perhaps the devs will add the good bits of UOA to the main clients. It was discussed before, but seems to have gone by the wayside a little.

Wenchy