• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming Gains

• Thread starter imported_Tina Small
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Tina Small

Occasionally I see people post expressing a lot of frustration over getting their daily guaranteed taming gain. I'd like to offer a small tip that may or may not be helpful. I've found that if I have my tamer get her daily gain in a skill other than taming first before trying for the taming gain, it seems as if she usually gets her guaranteed taming gain a lot faster. I've gotten into the habit of deliberately leaving a skill like meditation just a little bit lower than it could be just for this purpose if all other skills except taming are maxed out.

Also, if that taming gain (and other gains I need) just isn't happening, I always try to make myself tame for at least 20 minutes before I give up for the day. And during that 20 minutes I do things like cast flamestrike on my spell book or play a musical instrument if on a peace tamer to try to force a gain in another skill. Could be I'm just superstitious about it all, but so far doing these things has seemed to help with getting at least one gain per day on all my tamers. (I'm currently working on raising skills on a dozen tamers.)

Also, if you are accustomed to relying on UOAssist to tell you when you've had a skill gain (e.g., you have it set to show each 0.1 gain), you should be aware that many many times it doesn't report your daily taming gain and sometimes doesn't report magery gains either. As a result, if you aren't keeping track of your character's skills outside UO, perhaps in a spreadsheet, you may not realize you really did get a taming gain; UOA just didn't tell you that you did.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Also, if you are accustomed to relying on UOAssist to tell you when you've had a skill gain (e.g., you have it set to show each 0.1 gain), you should be aware that many many times it doesn't report your daily taming gain and sometimes doesn't report magery gains either. As a result, if you aren't keeping track of your character's skills outside UO, perhaps in a spreadsheet, you may not realize you really did get a taming gain; UOA just didn't tell you that you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've also noticed this quite often just running the 2D client alone.
Sounds like you have a good system for training. I'm definately going to try out some of your tips when I hit a slow spot.