• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Taming fire beetle

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
went to tame a fire beetle and found it is now changed, every nook and cranny in the mine is stuffed with priests, elders, and warriors. There was no where i could drag the beetle to tame as every 10-15 squares there was 1 or more mobs. years ago the isle with the dull copper elemental only had a couple mobs, it was tricky but doable. now i can't drag them away, as there are too many, can't kill as they insta spawn right on top of me. seems there 2-4 times as many priest as there use to be and they aggro 20 squares away and through walls( thought this was supposed to be fixed?). My only solution is to build honor and honor tame(never liked honor taming as it there is no real skill involved, just build honor go tame). is the mine always this packed with mobs? or does it die down on off hours?

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You better pull the monsters out of the beetle spawn area. You just need a small area to tame it.

afk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
the tamer i'm using is a non mage tamer, so invisin is not really possible( get revealed automatically using turkey feathers), draggin spawn is a real pain now as i am dragging casters straight into more casters.constantly having too run off to heal(chiv/tamer) due to constant mana drains, only real option i see is honor taming which is i do not like, as this seems like all grind and no skill

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've noticed this as well so I just drag the 1 spawn down from that statue area and then pull the beetle up there and tame it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've not noticed a recent difference, but I tame them several times per week for the pet stall I stock on Europa. My tamer is built for taming, and has peace. I do as MalagAste, clear the area right at the top where the statue spawns and then drag the beetle up there, using area peace/peace/invis to leave the other stuff behind.