• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer versus Miasma?

B

Boogieman

- or perhaps more accurately: Pet versus Miasma?

I have been hunting quite a bit with my trusty couple of kitsunes (I've named them Bonnie and Clyde) and was feeling confident on their ability to handle tough opponents. To mention an example I managed to kill a greater dragon - no peace, no disco, just constant vetting.

So I took them to Miasma. Had forgotten about the Miasmas special attack mortal strike - I couldn't get one vet in during the fight. One kitsune died, I think the other would have killed the Miasma, but not sure. Things went a bit haywire.

So is the answer greater dragon or ...?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done Miasma with a cu - but, I added some chiv and some chiv jewels, just enough to be able to cast remove curse.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
solo, though I admit I sent my herder in ahead and took all the reptalons round the corner out of the way.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never tried bakes against Miasma, but greater dragons or a rune beetle are brilliant.

The problem is that you have to bring Miasma away from the spawn point or you'll have to contend with more Miasmas before your pets are all back to full health, which invariably leads to dead pets.

Back in the early days, before I was skill capped, I had some chivalry on my tamer (50, to be exact) for the sole purpose of removing mortal strikes, more for Doom than Miasma, but the tactic is still quite effective against Miasma.

B

Boogieman

Thanks for the input everyone! Chivalry hadn't crossed my mind I must admit, but it sure would be handy to be able to remove mortal strike. I'll see if I can fit it into my template.