• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer question for the T2A era!!!

V

valherux

This is a question for any tamers that played during the T2A era, before UOR!

I'm currently playing on a T2A accurate server, and one of the current debates is how pet commands worked back then.

Some people state that the command All Kill did not instruct all of your pets to attack a single target at once, and instead, it only caused your nearest pet to attack the target. However, I remember being able to give the All Kill command, and all of my pets would obey the single command.

I know when UOR came out, changes were made and people had to set up macros for their pets names/last target, because All Kill didnt work correctly.

Does anyone remember how the "All Kill" command worked during T2A? Thanks in advance!

S

Shaydow

I seem to recall, although this WAS a long time ago, that I had to name all my Pets " All " for a long while. This way I could hit " All Attack " and all pets would listen, rather then having to give each individual pet a namned kill command.

Other then that your asking me to go to far back to remember much else. Heh. Hope this helps some.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That seems to bring up a memory of every pet in UO being named "a" just so people can say "a kill" and get 5 dragons to attack at once.

But I was very anti-tamer back then, so I can't remember details. Not even about when this happened (but I did stop playing for 6 years almost as soon as Trammel happened, that should narrow it down a bit).

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Wow...that does take me back.

I am pretty certain that you are correct. Although, that has been a long time ago.

V

valherux

Thanks for the feedback so far!

So, from what i'm gathering, if you gave all of the pets the same name, they will all listen to a single command?

ex: You name 8 dragons "A", then say A Kill, all 8 dragons will attack the target at the same time?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the feedback so far!

So, from what i'm gathering, if you gave all of the pets the same name, they will all listen to a single command?

ex: You name 8 dragons "A", then say A Kill, all 8 dragons will attack the target at the same time?
No you have to give the command 8 times.
Each time you say all kill, 1 of the pet out of ur pack will move forward and start attacking and you command all kill again, the 2nd pet will initiate the attack. I have my GM tamer forever(now legendary) and you couldnt command all pets at once. It was changed to what we have now.

Yes my Dragons were named a thru d, nightmare were n.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no ALL command when T2A first came out. Pet's only responded to their name. A LOT of people would name their pets All and repeatedly say All Kill (or A kill. Which is what I did) as only the pet with that name closest to you would obey.

However, they did put in the ALL commands during the 2TA time frame and a year before Renaissance.

Here is the Publish notes from when they added the ALL commands http://update.uo.com/design_22.html

You can now give all your pets orders by prefacing your order with "all." For example, saying, "all follow me" will make all your pets follow you. The list of commands this works with is:
all follow me
all guard me
all come
all stay
all guard me
all stop

(note that the date of the notes added to uo.com was May 25th, not the Nov 16, 1999. They switched over from owo.com to uo.com around that time so they could use the owo web site for their future stuff. All the archived patch notes were moved over at the same time.)