• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer Macros: Can Anyone Get Them To Work Consistently?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey all, I've recently managed to get some capable combat pets bonded, so I've been out eating the local wildlife again... but I've had enormous difficulty with keeping more than 1 pet healed. The problem is this; I had a Macro which was "Bandages" > "Target Nearest Follower" > "Use Bandages" which would work with 1 pet, but only as long as he/she was Green. However if there are two pets out, it usually targets just one animal, the Nightmare for some reason, even if you are physically stood closer to one of the pets.

So I've tried created a Stored Target Macro: "Bandages" > "Stored Target = Pet 1" > "Use Bandages". This works out of combat for each pet a macro is set up, so I can swap between the 2... but as soon as the pets are fighting, I get an error message which says "Cannot use that object on that target" or similar for both. When back out of combat, you can then heal them separately. Worse, it also seems to accidentally bind the Escape key to the bandage macro when done.

Does anyone know then of a working macro I can make to use to direct the target of the bandages, so I can heal more effectively?

Also has anyone managed to get a macro working with "In Vas Mani" as the second part of the action? I would like to be able bandage then cast Heal for the Greater Dragon I shall be taking out next weekend ;)

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To address the bandage issue, you could just pull your bandages into two separate hotbar slots, with each targeting one of your pets.

As for the greater heal extension, maybe you need to add a small delay between applying the bandages and casting the spell? I'm guessing you already specified the greater heal recipient by right clicking the spell icon, choosing stored target, and then targeting your pet.

I'm still really a novice at the EC macros - hopefully someone with more experience will post to this thread.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm, thanks for that tip; just dropping bandages into a hot bar and setting them as a Stored Target was all I needed... how odd the simple idea works, and all those fancy macros in the UI don't ;) I also didn't need to separate out the bandage pile, as each hotkey was happy to use the same pile on different targets... jolly good!