• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tamer/Archer PvP template

H

Hans

I am currently trying to finish out my tamer archer template, had afew questions. My current final template would be:

120 Archery (+20 Hunters)
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
110Tame
110 Lore
100 Heal
60 Chiv

Base stats would be somthing like 90/150/60, human for JOAT MR and SW, suit would be 4/6 with 45 HCI/30ish DCI, 10 MR, 40 LMC and as close to all 70s as I can get. Main pet would be dread mare others when needed.

Now my question is would this work? I think wanted anatomy for the max damage so I figured healing was a no brainer. I know there are some other templates then run bushido or resist, but I couldn't figure out how to make those work. Anybody run a template like this? Let me know what you think.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am currently trying to finish out my tamer archer template, had afew questions. My current final template would be:

120 Archery (+20 Hunters)
120 Anatomy
120 Tactics
110Tame
110 Lore
100 Heal
60 Chiv
I run:

120 Arch
90 Tactics
110 Tame (98 with a 1/3 11 hci +12 tame ring)
120 Lore
120 Resist
120 Med
52 Chiv (2 extra points, why not in chiv)

Stats: 118 HP, 148 Stam, 90 mana

I go 4/6 and use FC 1 Balanced bows.

I used to run heal/anat with no chiv/resist and low med but found that everyone mana vamped me rendering me useless. Now I have endless mana and I'm not para bait. I usually do dismount, all kill, para shot, run ahead of them while mare catches up, mortal, conc. That's more of a starting combo obviously it's different with everyone.

Pretty nasty but it sucks when you are fighting more than one person. If you dismount someone, and mutliple opponents come on screen and disarm you, you're completely screwed.

Of my dread mare templates I think the wrestle mage is my favorite and if you can put that kind of a suit together I'd recommend doing that.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run:

120 Arch
90 Tactics
110 Tame (98 with a 1/3 11 hci +12 tame ring)
120 Lore
120 Resist
120 Med
52 Chiv (2 extra points, why not in chiv)

Stats: 118 HP, 148 Stam, 90 mana

I go 4/6 and use FC 1 Balanced bows.

I used to run heal/anat with no chiv/resist and low med but found that everyone mana vamped me rendering me useless. Now I have endless mana and I'm not para bait. I usually do dismount, all kill, para shot, run ahead of them while mare catches up, mortal, conc. That's more of a starting combo obviously it's different with everyone.

Pretty nasty but it sucks when you are fighting more than one person. If you dismount someone, and mutliple opponents come on screen and disarm you, you're completely screwed.

Of my dread mare templates I think the wrestle mage is my favorite and if you can put that kind of a suit together I'd recommend doing that.
Just for kicks and giggles sake, do you use any other pets aside from Dread mare? Just curious if you used different pets depending on the situation and/or setup. Good template idea though.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just for kicks and giggles sake, do you use any other pets aside from Dread mare? Just curious if you used different pets depending on the situation and/or setup. Good template idea though.
I have a greater dragon for defending sigils but thats about it.

T

Turdnugget

I prefer my beetle/mare combo on my tamer/archer.

The template is set up for both PvP/PvM as i'm in a spawning guild. It's nice to have pets that can take down a champ fast and the beetle gives great specials for PvP. Poison, armor ignore, bleed etc..Plus I can still ride the mare.

Even in field PvP I do quite well, as long as i'm not being casted on by everyone at once, or being attacked by lots of dexers.

I don't have a dreadmare, wish I did. Use that along with a bake kitsune and it's pretty deadly.

A GD is always good for defending. As it's a meatshield with lots of HPs. Easier to absorb damage and does't die nearly as easy as other pets. If you pet dies, you sometimes get screwed =)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having a follower like a bake or a beetle is something I shy away from. You are much less mobile with those. My guild is always outnumbered at least 2:1 so it's a quick kill and move.

You might do more dmg w/ a mare/beetle but I doubt anyone is going to willingly fight you. People will usually fight someone on a dread mare because they do still have a chance in winning.

T

Turdnugget

=)

Just giving a suggestion to something other than just a dread.

But ya, typically people using dreadmares don't carry anything else, unless they're in Yew, or non-faction.

I use the mare/beetle since I primarily spawn, but PvP when the situation arises. The great thing about the beetle is that it's pretty fast due to high dex so it can stay up w/me fairly decent. If i'm in too much trouble, I just high tale it out and say eff the beetle =)