• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tailoring BODs

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What skill do you need to have a chance to get leather armor BODs? I have a couple runners with 50 and maybe it's a bad run of luck but I've only seen cloth or footwear.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tailor BODs prior to 70 skill tend to be for items you can gain skill crafting, even more so than with Blacksmith (and this might even keep this bias as high as 80 or 90).

As you get into the 60s leather BODs will become more plentiful, but you have to be 70 skill to get...
  • exceptional BODs
  • large BODs
  • colored BODs

I still train my BOD runners - I've trained 1 to 120/120 smith/tailor, and the other two are about 110/110 and 107/98 - just by sorting my BODs that I fill to turn back in, and filling the most difficult 3-4 Plate & studded with the 110/110, and the rest of the plate and studded with the other runner in training.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At 70 I'm still only seeing footwear and clothes. I'll take him up to 80 and see if I start getting leather bods.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At 70 I'm still only seeing footwear and clothes. I'll take him up to 80 and see if I start getting leather bods.
You need OVER 70. 70.1 is enough to get all the high level bods.

At 120 you will have better chance to get EX and colored bods in terms of a distribution.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Theo: Below 80-85 or so, there seems to be an undocumented feature that makes the armor type to be one you are more likely to gain skill on. For example, most of my BODs when I was in the 70s were the leather parts I could do, thigh boots, cloaks and robes, with the other parts occurring, but not as often as true randomness would suggest.

So, while 70.1 is sufficient to have a chance at all BOD types, there's still something playing with the numbers on the "specific item type" that makes things dicey for the first 10-15 points, maybe as far as GM. My 75 tailor skill craftmule (has tailor only for BODs and add-ons) pulls a LOT of robes, leather sleeves, leather gloves, and leather gorgets (1 in 3 exceptional, and standard chances for special leathers - but STILL stuff he can make between 50%<100% skill, much more than 100% success or no chance to make)