• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

tailor talismen question

G

Let me make sure I have this right....
If I want to make leather sleeves with a barbed kit....and I am at 120 tailoring..which gives me 100% chance at exceptional sleeves....do I need a talismen?

I think NO...but I am no tailoring expert...

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No Talisman required. Once you can make an item exceptional 100% of the time, a Talisman makes no difference at all.

G

thanks Setnaffa...I had assumed it was like the ASH for smiths...but just needed the confirmation before I burn through these B kits.

TW

C

Conrad99

A talisman with exceptional bouns will not help to make it exceptional but a tailsman with tailoring bonus will help with crafting better mods. Am I correct?

Just want to check.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The mods from a runic are totally random - skill doesn't play a part.

Tailoring Bonus applies to the normal chance to make, which normally goes up 0.2% for every 0.1 skill, after you get the base chance to make an item. If you don't have the base skill for the item, the talisman won't give you a chance to make it.

Tailoring Execeptional Bonus applies to the Exceptional chance only.

The Exceptional chance starts, below 95 skill, at your ability to make the item (without talisman) - 60%. So, if you have an 85% chance to craft something, you have a 25% to make it exceptional. The talisman adds to this number, and can make a negative number positive for Exceptional (example: 55% chance to craft is normally -5% exceptional. Using a +25% Exceptional talisman would make it 20%).

A leftover artifact of the system before power scrolls is that from 95.0 to 100.0, Tailor and Blacksmith gain at 0.5% exceptional per 0.1 skill, effectively giving an additional 15% to exceptional chance by GM skill, before reverting to the 0.2% per 0.1% above GM.

G

<blockquote><hr>

A talisman with exceptional bouns will not help to make it exceptional but a tailsman with tailoring bonus will help with crafting better mods. Am I correct?

Just want to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...confusing eh...I have friends that insist what you say is correct...even though I can find no written proof of it anywhere.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Just want to check.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know...confusing eh...I have friends that insist what you say is correct...even though I can find no written proof of it anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]Basara and I have burned many hammers and kits, and we can confirm the Talisman does not help with crafting mods. It would make sense to have some kind of Runic bonus on a Talisman that did just that, but there isn't just a thing.

G

So...the exceptional bonus wouldnt help with bone armor either? Even with 120 Tailor you dont get 100% with bone.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you have any chance to make exceptional then a talisman will add to that bonus up to 100 percent if at 120 you have 100% without the talisman then it will make no difference

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

So...the exceptional bonus wouldnt help with bone armor either? Even with 120 Tailor you dont get 100% with bone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open your craft menu without the talisman equiped and check the exceptional percentage of whatever bone piece you want to craft.

At 120 tailoring bone armor has a 53% exceptional chance. The best talisman you could find would be a 30% increase. So you would have a 83% chance at exceptional with the best talisman.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

At 120 tailoring bone armor has a 53% exceptional chance. The best talisman you could find would be a 30% increase. So you would have a 83% chance at exceptional with the best talisman.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct.

Why is this stuff so hard? The Tailor bonus and Tailor EX bonus are just that - it bumps your percentages of both up by that amount for whatever it is you are trying to craft. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only reason *not* to wear a tailor tailsman everytime you craft is if you are going for skill gain. For bod filling/general use - always wear one.

G

Yes, that is what I thought in the first place. I must of read the first post wrong. Yikes, people are crabby on here! Thx for info anyway.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Btw I see you all the time on ls shard at least I think its you we have actually talked a few times my name is flint or snowdog usually who I'm on with

G

Yep, WBB
! Didnt mean you were crabby was talkin bout Theo, dont know why people read/respond to posts if they are annoyed by them. Oh well.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt Theo is annoyed as much as just pointing out that the talismans work on the principal of simple addition. Pretty easy to understand.

You take success chance without the talisman and simply add the talisman's increase. That's all there is to it.