• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tactics

G

Ummm, ok, so it's been a few years since I trained this skill, but I'm perplexed. I have my fighter (6 gp fighter) and my swords are plugging away just fine. My tactics though...it's stuck at 26.2. I'm watching my swords moving up past 46 now, but not a single gain for tactics.

Please note, I play Siege Perilous, so I can't buy the skill up...la

I

imported_Farsight

After doing a little bit of experimentation (coincidence really. I just started a tamer and am playing with my new pets), I've decided that in order to gain in tactics after 26.2, you need to do actual damage. That means that you can't gain on a hireling after he turns blue, and my pets won't gain tactics on shadow elementals.

Why 26.2? I have no idea. Maybe someone who knows better can help out.

But I'm fairly confident about my skill gain-damage idea. Not 100%, but fairly confident.

Pathagiris

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wrong, you can gain tactics and wrestle on a shadow eley all the way up to 100 or over on a pet. the thing is that the pet and eley have to be withing 20 of each others skill range. eleys start high so after a little training its probably out of your pets range. try discording it or getting your pets tactics up to 50 then go on the eley.

not sure about the fighter because i never used that way of gaining.

i always do,

farm animals from 0-25 or so
hinds and great hearts in the ish place by sacrifice from 25-till about 40
skeletons at the yew grave yard from 40-70
then a golem from 70-120

G

Yeah, the harts worked rather nicely. That grove was nice. I even was able to steal a alchemist bauble from someone who was farming there before I got my new character started up, lol. *ding*

By the by, how much do those sell? Even though, I may keep it for my mule...la