• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tactics: the real stuff not the skill

S

Stupid Miner

Ok, posting templates only goes so far. This thread is for details on how exactly you kill what you kill. Post your template, your stats, item properties, and a detailed description of how you kill various types of monsters.

Bushido 115
Chivalry 70
Necromancy 100
Parry 115
SS 105
Swords 115
Tactics 100

Resists- in Wraith form

Stats:
Str 93/ Hp 102
Dex 135/ Stam 156
Int 51/ mana 58

Item properties: (w/o weapon)
DCI 49
DI 56
FCR 2
LMC 11
HLD 30%
HPR 2

Killing large swarms: Use soulseeker for all but undead. (swarms of spellcasters are really tough, anything less than a swarm of tough monsters is cut like butter)
In wraith form (mana steal). Cast Curse weapon (50% damage = hp). Whirlwind them to death. Throw in an evasion if things get sticky, and a consecrate weapon if needed. Divine Fury if low on stamina. Target the monster with the least weapon skill for the whirlwinds if possible.

Soloing a tough monster Use slayer if possible, if not, probably a talon bite. Best soloed: Para succubus or para dragon (succubus is harder IMO)
In wraith form or Vampire if i'll need to be able to run. Honor. EoO. Curse Weapon (recast when needed). Consecrate weapon (recast when needed). Lightning strike to death. Divine Fury to replenish stam. Evasion if i think he's about to hit me with heavy hit, or if I need to run away.

Misc tactics
use Spirit Speak only when desperate (can't hit/dont do much damage)
Confidence only when desperate
Summon death adder if it's going to be a long battle
Raise nearby corpses if they give anything good (lich or better)
Running away tends to be suicide because the more damage you do, the more you're healed. Cant run very fast in wraith form either

Feel free to post any other situational tactics you can think of.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Similar template, additional tactics:
Bone demon: Use the spirit speak to heal, since the bone demon will hit you for over half life, two hits are fatal and life leech isn't reliable enough. But with wraith form, you never run out of mana.
Putrefier or paragon Balron, Greater dragon, cu sidhe: Switch to vamp form for use of a horse. They're too fast and hit too hard to win without jousting. Use a mana leech weapon to keep yourself full of mana for SS or confidence heals.
Dread horn: Keep close, use a hit lower defense weapon or glasses and you should be good.

Weapon choice: Swing speed increase and hit stamina leech are required for all opponents. If you aren't swinging at max speed, you won't win the hard fights.

Hardest fight: I killed Rend once. That was an interesting fight, especially as my weapon was arctic death dealer (HLA for the win).