• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Tactics Gain For An Archer?

G

I will post this on the Warriors Forum as well, but I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on Tactics gaining as an Archer. I seem to be gaining so slowly as compared to ther skills, I'm thinking I may be missing something.
Skills Currently are: Archery 90 Resist 80 Anatomy 88 Healing 74 Chivaly 73
Focus 120 Tactics a big fat whopping 45. Please help a newbie Archer out.

C

Connor_Graham

Go down into Despise and beat on the Ettins & Trolls for a while. For some reason they're awesome for Tactics gains, with Tactics gaining more than anything else. Best thing is there are plenty of them, so you can work your way from one end to the other constantly firing, and by the time you reach one end, they've started spawning again.

You also get the chance at the 10 Anniversary arties that drop.

D

Detharleon

I'm in the same boat except its at 109.9 (out of 120). Archery flew from 110-120 in comparison to tactics gains I've been getting. I would of expected a pretty even correlation. I went from 110-120 archery before I went from 100-110 tactics. *blank stare*

T

Trukx

You almost always seem to outgain tactics with your fighting skill. Has always been my experience.

At 110, I used succubus and cushides. Got it to 120 within 5-6 hours or so of killing. Just alternated between them for karma purposes (and in hopes of spawning a good cu to tame w/ tamer).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
despise as stated is way to go went from 0 to 110 great for upper end also ogre lords titans and cyclops

E

EB_Arcbolt

I totally screwed my 120 tac with soulstoning skills to see saw my stats, i went doen to 45
I am finding lizard men to be giving me the fastest gains at 57 skill level.

hope this helps someone

I

imported_GFY

Tactics are a bit like the weapon skill your working. You need to hit lesser opponents for the fastest gains. SO if your at 120 archery and 50 tac you need to kill earth eles. then work your way up if the gains slow down. Trolls, ogres, ogre lords, & Titans.

I

imported_bouche835

If you can get someone to help or if you feel you can handle it by yourself. I found the the best place to train my archer. I finished my archer in Doom. There is a fenced-in-area by the restest souls right cross from where the skull candle spawns. I had my friend get a couple of rotting coprse to follow him to the fenced-in-area where I was waiting. He would kill anything else that came around. They don't open the gate to get in and it takes a while to kill them. Just keep cast Divine Furry to keep you stamaina up. Bring pently of arrow and do not bring an undead slayer. You want as many hits as you can get. I like this way better then the golem training.