• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T-Map Revamp?

RockoNV

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am wondering about t-maps. It seems like this is a neglected part of UO gameplay. When was the last revamp?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am wondering about t-maps. It seems like this is a neglected part of UO gameplay. When was the last revamp?
As Jepeth stated, last revamp was 2019. I do not like the changes personally and rarely do maps. I do not like remove trap and the trap guardians are a waste since there is no loot. I could cheat the system by digging up a few and waiting out the timers but then I am just wasting time so why bother? I shake the dust off my treasure hunter every few months, do one or two and then put him back in mothballs because it lost its fun. :(

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
As Jepeth stated, last revamp was 2019. I do not like the changes personally and rarely do maps. I do not like remove trap and the trap guardians are a waste since there is no loot. I could cheat the system by digging up a few and waiting out the timers but then I am just wasting time so why bother? I shake the dust off my treasure hunter every few months, do one or two and then put him back in mothballs because it lost its fun. :(
Agreed. I think there was a lot of missed opportunity with the new items they added to the chests (ancient weapons / octopus necklace / etc) by not having them be part of some recipes to make other things. Once someone does Tmaps for a few weeks they obtain all the new items which are just decoration and they aren't worth any turn in points so they aren't even worth picking up to toss. Without a purpose for all new items, people are just doing maps for the magic items which are lackluster (as others have mentioned).

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually find the most lucrative drop in treasure maps are the SoTs and SoAs, I rarely find anything in the weapons and armour, but do find a market for forged pardons, mana phasing orbs and tasty treats. Surge shields I keep if they're mana surge, they help get me out of a bind when I'm doing Trove maps and need a mana boost.