• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

T Hunting changes

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent a couple of hours today doing Horde level chests on TC (one for each theme) and capturing images of the randomly generated equipment items and adding them to the spreadsheet here: Publish 105 - Treasure Chest Loot

I'm going to try to post the images for those six horde level chests below and in the next two messages. Four of them came up as rusty chests, one was metal, and the other was gold.

Kyronix says that which quality of chest you get depends on cartography skill. My character had GM cartography and was wearing a 21% cartography talisman. So, given how poor this loot was, I honestly don't know what anyone is going to get out of these chests in the future, even with the new cartography items that are supposed to spawn. Supposedly, luck isn't a factor yet on TC because they're still figuring out how to factor it in. So did the fact that my little tresure hunter only has 600 luck on her suit make these things come out so bad? If I'm interpreting the publish notes and Kyronix's comments correctly, it shouldn't have mattered at all how much luck she had or the tamer that was with her had at this point in the testing.

I'm pretty disgusted right now, to put it mildly. See for yourself how useless this randomly generated loot is.

HORDE RUSTY WARRIOR CHEST
View attachment 97052 View attachment 97052 View attachment 97054 View attachment 97055 View attachment 97056 View attachment 97057 View attachment 97058 View attachment 97059 View attachment 97060 View attachment 97061

HORDE RUSTY ARTISAN CHEST
View attachment 97070 View attachment 97069 View attachment 97068 View attachment 97067 View attachment 97066 View attachment 97065 View attachment 97064 View attachment 97063 View attachment 97062
Thank you, Tina, the reports gave us insight to this revamp.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, Keith we're supposed to be optimistic that this is just a test and they will realize they set the bar too low and will totally upgrade the loot based on our feedback, right?
I guess, but apparently not mine. @Kyronix, basically, told me and another person that since we weren't "pom pom wavers" that, "perhaps TC1 isn't the something to get involved in for you", and "perhaps TC1 content isn't for you". I guess he doesn't realize that I do/did more testing on TC than 90% of UO.

EDIT: he didn't say "pom pom wavers", but that is what got out of it.

Last edited:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I guess, but apparently not mine. @Kyronix, basically, told me and another person that if we weren't "pom pom wavers" that, "perhaps TC1 isn't the something to get involved in for you", and "perhaps TC1 content isn't for you". I guess he doesn't realize that I do/did more testing on TC than 90% of UO.

:(

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Given what I'm getting from current level 2s, I don't see any improvement OR reductions.

I had a level 2 on a PRODUCTION SHARD a few hours ago that had NINE WANDS in it.

The only place I want to see nine wands is in a TAROT READING.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A lot of us did. But what we asked for was a bump in loot, not a revamp of the whole process/procedure. Like they do most times, they overthought this.
Truer words have not been spoken.

This has been the theme for everything they have touched in the last 5 years or more. Lets overcomplicate everything. Oh - people don't like AOS items? Lets add imbuing with a complex set of ingredients and then stack some reforging and refinements on top. I've been a crafter in this game for 15 years and still I struggle to wrap my head around all the options when want to craft something. Its literally insane.

Then our dev team wonders why we don't get new players. Can you even imagine a new player coming to this game? Its crazy. I had someone and I tried explaining loot/items/crafting and after about 30 minutes I thought his head was going to explode and now he plays an easier and more fun game.

They had a grindy, clicky game and they made it worse - its both grindy and clicky and overly complicated. Seriously. It took me a month to figure out the pet training stuff and still i'm only say intermediate at it and it takes a hella lot of time to train up a good pet. How is this fun?

I stick with it cause I have so much time and items acquired - but its really not much fun anymore. Its like a second job. The times of running around doing things with my guild are long gone. Just to craft someone a suit now takes a spreadsheet and hours of time. I mean c'mon - who wants to do that for a game?

The systems need to be simplified and it needs to be about the adventure. Instead we have the same tired dungeons and respawns while they have complicated nearly everything you do to prepare for them (training pets, making armor, digging tmaps, doing bods etc etc).

OMG - the bod revamp. Lets add a million new bods because its not bad enough there are a zillion bods for Tailor and Smith. The whole bribing and point system made the sheer number of bods irrelevant anymore so why keep it so complex? Just give us one large and 5 smalls for each profession and be done with it. Its just over the top stupid.

And you want to talk about wasting dev time - think of all the lame systems they sat around coding that has little to no impact on anything 'real' in game (like PvP or PvM) - Aquariums, Parrots, Brewing, Coffee making, Taxadermy etc. Did we need this crap? C'mon man.

Last edited:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
No offense here but I've seen several posts from the same person just completely trashing the game (especially when this thread is about the new T-hunting changes) and I couldn't keep reading these posts without respectfully asking you why you have multiple accounts if you are so fed up with the game?

In one sentence you say the game has become a boring "soloist grind" but in another you say you have 5 tamers roof ready and you are able to dual client shadow guard which technically isn't soloing since you have the ability to have 2 entirely different templates working. You also say that you will refuse to do the roof solo AND things should be more of a group (isn't that a bit of an oxymoron?)... but if that's the (you really want to group fight) then why don't you get a group together for the roof?? I understand if you play a smaller shard but you also realize that ATL is the most populated (that's where I play for that reason) and there is no shortage of people doing the roof. I'm sure you could transfer ONE of your tamers to ATL and find a group to do the roof without a detriment to your other accounts/chars on your home shard (this gives you the option to do something in a group). Additionally if you really are all about group things, then do the weekly public events where half the shard shows up to collect some death robes and a chance at pretty looking drop (that doesn't do anything) that can be sold for 100's of millions. As for drop rates, if everyone got a drop every time from the roof (or whatever) then everyone would have it and there would be even less groups doing things (look at blackthorn dungeon now). I'm from beta and also reminisce about the "good ol' days" but they are long gone so getting on here and trashing the game mechanics without offering up viable solutions is just a waste time (in my opinion) and side tracks everyone from the original post; the days of GM armor and needing a group to kill a dragon are gone and the days of needing a group (or awesome soloist) for the roof are here.... but that's not what this thread is about so it's a waste of time griping about it on this thread.

In regards to T-Hunting changes I'd agree that I was hoping for a bit of a less complicated fix (higher quality items even if it meant less quantity). I think that's all that was really needed (and maybe get rid of 50 stone items b/c they make it hard to toss everything in a bag when sorting through the chest). I'm not a fan of making remove trap required BUT if they are going to remove the need for mining AND need for detect hidden on remove trap (AND make it less hassle to raise the skill) then it's not the end of the world; for the most part it's literally swapping out mining for remove trap. I'd side with Pawain on this, in that as long as the loot is going to be worthwhile then it's worthwhile rearranging my template. If it's not (which it doesn't appear to be based on TC so far) then I just simply won't participate.
Kev..There are other issues also: Your template is definitely going to be hurt. Before in EC : LP, only on character dig up Chest, and enough points to kill guardians etc. Carto on stone, maps deciphered and in Davies.
Before in CC : At the dig --> LP, mining (to make it easier else you spend 1/2 day searching), Carto on stone etc.

NOW : For both EC and CC at the dig : Carto PLUS RT Remove Trap. It looks also PLUS LP!!
So : 300 extra skill points for EC to be on the player at the dig site. (As compared to 100 EC/200 CC before?).
There is no way this will not affect T-Hunting adversely. You can see why people are not too happy with the prospective changes.
So : In a way you are forcing people that did solo T-hunting before, to now almost mandatorily get together with several others with different skills that will be needed to fight the spawn. This looks like one more screw-up, one more nail to poor UO's coffin.
Also the loot according to the testers looks not so hot.
And as an enticement-excitement for some, you will get some junk PS, maybe super low chance of that. That is a worthless enticement, since you can get PS by spawning for yourself, 10 times more. Going T-hunting for PS alone is not going to be productive or time efficient at all..and you will likely get junk loot from the chest.
Looks like broken promises of a T-hunting update/improvement, all around, sadly.
Chances are that the T-hunting update will be on crutches and will be seriously be limping for 2 years..
Just like the Taming Revamp. It still limps, and the little morsels of changes have improved it partially. And look at the "new pet". It is a slithering green-blue worm, ugly as a turd, and not rideable, and requiring countless hours of working the content to eventually get one, and guess what, the RND will get you there as well, at the very end, and when you click that statuette it will likely have poor stats.
Seriously looks like Devs don't play/test the game, and also don't give a poop about what at least the more experienced players say, or suggest.
Seriously: Why with each "upgrade" is associated with so many blunders that looks either like a downgrade of a false promise?

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I guess, but apparently not mine. @Kyronix, basically, told me and another person that since we weren't "pom pom wavers" that, "perhaps TC1 isn't the something to get involved in for you", and "perhaps TC1 content isn't for you". I guess he doesn't realize that I do/did more testing on TC than 90% of UO.

I read that post and I agree, the response was actually quite rude in my opinion, he seemed to be saying if you don't agree with the direction I'm taking then I have no interest in hearing your feedback. As I said before the path they are on was decided long before this hit test and it won't change. I used to really like and respect Kyronix, but that was before I read that comment. I think we are all banging our heads against the same wall. Nobody would really mind so much having to change their whole template if they were getting some real benefit out of it, but I'm not seeing any evidence of that. It's like they are actually afraid to let us have anything bordering on decent loot. Come June I guess they will have lost a lot of people who previously played t-hunters.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They're too worried about making useless skills useful. They should be worried about making things less clicky and more fun.

Let those useless skills drop off the list. Seriously. Just bite the bullet and drop a bunch of em. Anyone who has them on a SS can be rewarded with a mythic token or something to pay for their time working those skills.

Adding RT into the T-hunters template is not an improvement to t-hunting, and requiring us to have it to get decent loot is NOT what we asked for.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

This has been the theme for everything they have touched in the last 5 years or more. Lets overcomplicate everything. Oh - people don't like AOS items? Lets add imbuing with a complex set of ingredients and then stack some reforging and refinements on top. I've been a crafter in this game for 15 years and still I struggle to wrap my head around all the options when want to craft something. Its literally insane.

Then our dev team wonders why we don't get new players. Can you even imagine a new player coming to this game? Its crazy. I had someone and I tried explaining loot/items/crafting and after about 30 minutes I thought his head was going to explode and now he plays an easier and more fun game.

They had a grindy, clicky game and they made it worse - its both grindy and clicky and overly complicated. Seriously. It took me a month to figure out the pet training stuff and still i'm only say intermediate at it and it takes a hella lot of time to train up a good pet. How is this fun?

I stick with it cause I have so much time and items acquired - but its really not much fun anymore. Its like a second job. The times of running around doing things with my guild are long gone. Just to craft someone a suit now takes a spreadsheet and hours of time. I mean c'mon - who wants to do that for a game?

The systems need to be simplified and it needs to be about the adventure. Instead we have the same tired dungeons and respawns while they have complicated nearly everything you do to prepare for them (training pets, making armor, digging tmaps, doing bods etc etc).

OMG - the bod revamp. Lets add a million new bods because its not bad enough there are a zillion bods for Tailor and Smith. The whole bribing and point system made the sheer number of bods irrelevant anymore so why keep it so complex? Just give us one large and 5 smalls for each profession and be done with it. Its just over the top stupid.

And you want to talk about wasting dev time - think of all the lame systems they sat around coding that has little to no impact on anything 'real' in game (like PvP or PvM) - Aquariums, Parrots, Brewing, Coffee making, Taxadermy etc. Did we need this crap? C'mon man.
@Kyronix @Bleak THIS is what people think!

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I read that post and I agree, the response was actually quite rude in my opinion, he seemed to be saying if you don't agree with the direction I'm taking then I have no interest in hearing your feedback.
My thought exactly. It's like @Kyronix is/was saying "Please give me feedback, but ONLY give me the feedback I WANT to hear".

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you read I said I can do the rooms with 2 of my characters NOT the roof... I do not and have not EVER solo'd the roof... and maybe I could with 3 characters running but I'd rather not... The characters are sitting roof ready as every time I ask anyone to do it with me the answer is always NO... And as far as ATL goes it can burn in a fire I could care less I don't and won't play there... I loathe the shard... and can't even take 2 to 3 steps there most the time without crashing. That has improved somewhat since the change to housing but I still loathe the shard... As far as I'm concerned it is responsible for the decline of all other shards... And as for that.... I'll say this ..... not too long after SA came about I was actually on Atl getting my gifts and heard a poor returning player wanting to learn how to do Pirates as NO ONE on ATL could be bothered to help the poor fellow one evening... he was begging in Gen Chat on Atl for someone to show him the ropes... pretty sad IMO that no one could be bothered to help him and were in fact belittling him and such in chat. Again... would rather /wrists than play with people like that. I ended up helping him as it was sad no one would... even though I have nothing for supplies on Atl... I helped him. Pretty pathetic when someone NOT from ATL has to help someone ON Atl do something because no one there would take the time.

I've tried to get folk to do the things with me... tried to get people to do a champ with me... tried to get them to do anything at all and no one wants to do anything as a group... they solo the champs, solo what content they want to do but don't include others... and no one else wants to actually do more in game than sit around and talk... which IMO is boring I can do that out of game... until it suits them to do something... like some stupid quest for title... because they can't do it themselves but ask to do something you want to do and they can't be bothered. When they beg wanting to do something and you suggest something they don't want to do that...

People on my shard do weekly public events all the time... the trouble is they do much of this on the WEEKEND when I'm at work... so I never get to participate in it... they do monthly net tosses, weekly void pools and many other things... we have weekly auctions, and bi-weekly meetings... but no one wants to go do a champ or the roof... The reason most of them don't want to do any of those things is because first off they did the roof a few times and NEVER got a drop... got annoyed and pissed about the wasted time and effort and now don't want to waste more time or effort on it believing it to be fruitless... They did a few spawns ages ago got raided once or twice... quit doing them. Or they can solo them and don't like to bring anyone else along.

As for the T-Hunting it's one thing I can do by myself not that I care since there is NOTHING in there worth getting that I can't get 10x faster doing trade deals... now the thought of having PS in there makes me happy... but for the vultures in Fel... The idea of having to grind out another skill to be able to keep doing them disgusts me... the realization coming from reading post after post of folk testing this on TC and the pathetic junk that is being reported from the chests is not seriously not making me want to run out and go do the 100's of maps I have sitting about. And making it so Eodon maps have the T-Rex? Really? And the higher level maps there have to have a party to even decode????? Again not really appealing and I'm not seeing much if any improvement to the loot in chests... save the PSs... but as so many have pointed out the prospect of getting any good ones or getting enough to bind into a 120 is pretty abysmal... so no not real excited.
By no means is this intended to be disrespect as I've seen some of your other posts that have been helpful but I read a couple of sentences of your reply and just skimmed the rest because it just strikes me as a paragraph of whining. You are type casting an entire shard off some short experiences. There are certainly helpful people on ATL (along with massive jerks) just like any other shard. I literally just did the roof yesterday with a sampire who was fully capable of soloing the roof but took me along to show me how they do it. I don't want to make assumptions about your level of play but if you are going to be dependent on others to do things (like spawns) and I'm the one running around doing 90% of the work (and could solo it) then why would I want to split things 50/50 with you? You seem to understand that there ARE people doing group things but then you talk about doing what YOU want to do versus what others want to do... it seems to me like you are just looking for people to help get whatever YOU want accomplished (or just want something to complain about). I'd suggest joining (or starting) a guild to remedy all your issues rather than just vent on stratics; not to completely send you over the ledge but ATL has at least a few guilds that do group events (like scalis etc) nightly so I'm sure other shards could be similar. In the event that none of that works out for then maybe UO just isn't the game for you to play anymore? *shrug*

Any who...

@Tina Small - THANK YOU for your awesome testing! Very organized and exactly what the devs need to see!

How do you get a Horde map on TC1? All I see in my bank on TC are lower level maps. Do you have to bring L7s over with you?
I think that you should be able to get every level map from Brit commons and they also have gates at brit commons that will bring you to the various facets to get those maps too (gates bring you to the map stones).

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time for some more loot images. Unfortunately, I can only put 20 images in a post and this time I was doing horde chests with 3 characters in the party. That means there were at least 11 items in each chest, so this is going to have to be one chest per post. Did one horde chest per theme, so 6 chests total and therefore 6 posts. Sorry about that.

For all chests, my t-hunter had 600 luck and GM cartography. Per instructions from Kyronix yesterday, she stopped wearing the 21% cartography talisman. Yes, I know 600 luck isn't much for most people, but that's what I've been able to create for myself. I rarely remember to use the luck statue, so it is what it is. Also, I am under the impression that at this point in the testing, luck is not a factor. Do I believe that? I don't know. I've done 12 horde chests between yesterday and today and 7 have been rusty chests, 3 have been metal, and 2 have been gold. Kyronix said that the chest quality is based off cartography skill and the t-hunter had GM cartography for all of these chests and he said to stop wearing the talisman, so does that mean that even at this point cartography level means nothing for chest quality and the RNG is just saying that for horde chests most of them are going to be old rusty banged up chests with lousy loot? I just don't know. I'm still really confused about why so much of the loot is so bad and useless.

Anyway, I did all these chests in Malas as well. I imagine the loot contents might vary a bit if you go to Ter Mur or Eodon, maybe for Tokuno too, but I haven't tried those shards yet for anything higher than the Supply-level chests. Also, with 3 characters in party, it looks like the minimum number of items per chest is 11 and with 2 characters in party, the minimum is 9. My poor computer probably will explode if I try to run a fourth client, so your guess is as good as mine as to the minimum number of pieces with 4 characters in the party.

Without further ado, here we go with pictures.

CORRECTION: I goofed. The mage and ranger horde chests were only done with 2 characters in the party. Did them last night and forgot I only used 2 characters.

METAL HORDE ARTISAN CHEST (11 pieces) (3-character party)
loot 15 bonnet.png loot 15 fortified cap.png loot 15 invigorating tall straw hat.png loot 15 arcane wide brim hat.png loot 15 double axe.png loot 15 hammer pick.png loot 15 mighty hammer pick.png loot 15 animated hammer pick.png loot 15 war hammer.png loot 15 arcane bracelet.png loot 15 animated ring.png

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks again Tina. Loot is pretty bad. The gold chests do not have a recognizable difference than the rusty.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if Trove chests (current level 6 & 7 I think) give BETTER loot or will they just give more loot (maybe better mods)? Has this type of question been addressed (apologies if it has and I just missed it)?

I have done 4 Trove tmaps on test and all 4 were rusty chests and all the loot fell in line with the quality Tina has posted (nothing worth keeping). I didn't actually write down the number of items in each chest but I think it averaged over 10 items. I'm curious to know the relationship between map level vs # of items & item intensity compared to chest quality (rusty / metal / gold) vs # of items & item intensity. Is there a grid anywhere out there that DEV's have put out for the current expectation?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if Trove chests (current level 6 & 7 I think) give BETTER loot or will they just give more loot (maybe better mods)? Has this type of question been addressed (apologies if it has and I just missed it)?

I have done 4 Trove tmaps on test and all 4 were rusty chests and all the loot fell in line with the quality Tina has posted (nothing worth keeping). I didn't actually write down the number of items in each chest but I think it averaged over 10 items. I'm curious to know the relationship between map level vs # of items & item intensity compared to chest quality (rusty / metal / gold) vs # of items & item intensity. Is there a grid anywhere out there that DEV's have put out for the current expectation?
Please post your tests on the official forum in the test center thread.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm still confused. What would y'all consider good? Why not just insure what you have and not look at anything else? 99.99% of the loot in the game is junk compared to what most of y'all are wearing. So you want t-map loot to always be something you can wear? Wouldn't that make crafting even more useless? I mean, how long until you are completely invincible? If you want to be invincible, just ask for it, stop beating around the bush.

If you want loot that you can use, go play on Siege or stop using insurance. A lot of people, myself included, will wear just about anything since it's only going to last until the next time you get looted or your body decays. Insurance is what is ruining your ability to find usable stuff, not the devs. I'm certainly no cheerleader, but I just can't figure out what y'all are whining about.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am pretty sure the publish notes say somewhere that number in the party affects the number of items of loot in the Cache, Horde, and Trove maps, and there seem to be more items in Horde chests vs. Cache chests. Kyronix has said that cartography is supposed to affect chest quality, but I'm unclear whether it's working that way right nor or if that won't matter until the next update to TC. And at some point luck is supposed to be a factor, but nothing has been clarified yet about whether it will matter when the chest is created (and what if more than one chest ends up being created for the map because some of them are blocked?) or if it will matter when the chest is opened and how luck works in a party. We also don't know for sure yet whether remove trap is going to be required (I've had it on my test t-hunter all this time but you can't use the skill because none of the chests are trapped) and if you use remove trap, what effect it will have on the chest contents. Lots of questions still.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still confused. What would y'all consider good? Why not just insure what you have and not look at anything else? 99.99% of the loot in the game is junk compared to what most of y'all are wearing. So you want t-map loot to always be something you can wear? Wouldn't that make crafting even more useless? I mean, how long until you are completely invincible? If you want to be invincible, just ask for it, stop beating around the bush.

If you want loot that you can use, go play on Siege or stop using insurance. A lot of people, myself included, will wear just about anything since it's only going to last until the next time you get looted or your body decays. Insurance is what is ruining your ability to find usable stuff, not the devs. I'm certainly no cheerleader, but I just can't figure out what y'all are whining about.
The people who are wearing all the good stuff on the production shards are spending a lot of money to get it, Stinky Pete. There are some of us playing on the production shards that don't do that and the gear we're wearing isn't a whole lot better than what we can make on Siege. I still see people on production shards who have returned from years away that are wearing worse stuff than what you see on Siege.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I still see people on production shards who have returned from years away that are wearing worse stuff than what you see on Siege
But once they have been back for a day or 2, they buy something decent and insure it. They shouldn't have to have all the high-end gear to be productive, and if someone is new or returning, why should they have access to the high-end stuff in the first place? Isn't it more about the journey that the destination? You can do almost anything in the game with imbued gear, so why should they make it easier to get stuff that is better than that? Anyone with a couple million gold can piece together a suit that is better than imbued these days. If you don't want to spend a bit of gold on a suit and a weapon, you should be happy with what you get. I still don't understand what more y'all want.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would y'all consider good? Why not just insure what you have and not look at anything else? 99.99% of the loot in the game is junk compared to what most of y'all are wearing.
I would like a 1% chance of getting a useable item. There are 4 levels of artifact. At least 1 legendary per chest would be a start. IMO there should be 6 artifact levels in a trove chest that is dug in Fel and any other hoop he wants us to jump through. 6 is the max if you get a gold chest in Fel, with luck, with carto bonus, with party. So I am not asking for each chest to have them. But so far the there are few artifact level items that I have seen. Out of 6 legendaries that are mostly lesser and/or cursed or antique or take 125 str. You may get one keeper in 50 chests.

All my non arty suit pieces can be upgraded. So, I still look for better.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
But once they have been back for a day or 2, they buy something decent and insure it. They shouldn't have to have all the high-end gear to be productive, and if someone is new or returning, why should they have access to the high-end stuff in the first place? Isn't it more about the journey that the destination? You can do almost anything in the game with imbued gear, so why should they make it easier to get stuff that is better than that? Anyone with a couple million gold can piece together a suit that is better than imbued these days. If you don't want to spend a bit of gold on a suit and a weapon, you should be happy with what you get. I still don't understand what more y'all want.
I think (my opinion) is that we were told, and are expecting, this was going to be a treasure chest UPGRADE, which is NOT what we are seeing. I think it is turning out to be a *Charlie Foxtrot*.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would like a 1% chance of getting a useable item. There are 4 levels of legendary. At least 1 legendary per chest would be a start. IMO there should be 6 in a trove chest that is dug in Fel and any other hoop he wants us to jump through. 6 is the max if you get a gold chest in Fel, with luck, with carto bonus, with party. So I am not asking for each chest to have them. But so far the there are few legendaries that I have seen. Out of 6 legendaries that are mostly lesser and/or cursed or antique or take 125 str. You may get one keeper in 50 chests.

All my non arty suit pieces can be upgraded. So, I still look for better.
Throw away the suit you are currently wearing. That will give you a 100% chance to find something usable in the next chest you open. Not to be a troll, but my point is that eventually, once you have everything that you want, everything else is essentially junk. The problem is not in the chests, but in the minds of the players. 6 legendarys in a chest, lol, name one encounter where you can get 6 legendaries in 15 minutes, this is never going to happen.

I think (my opinion) is that we were told, and are expecting, this was going to be a treasure chest UPGRADE, which is NOT what we are seeing.
We are getting powerscrolls for treasure hunting, I'd consider that an upgrade, along with a few other things we never got in chests before. I can see where you are coming from though, the best fix would be to put magic residue, enchanted essence, and relic frags in chests to make up for the drop in loot quantity. Besides less weapons and armor, everything else seems to be about the same. The discussion on the other forum led me to believe that this is exactly what people wanted, less stuff, but of a higher quality. Loot quality only goes so high, you should be careful what you wish for.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Besides less weapons and armor, everything else seems to be about the same.
I have to disagree, I did some "Trove" chests on test. The loot WAS considerably less than the LvL 7 chests on "prodo" currently. Even after the "stealth loot nerf" to them a while back.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
6 legendarys in a chest, lol, name one encounter where you can get 6 legendaries in 15 minutes, this is never going to happen.
Aim High and maybe the devs will meet at 25% of what I ask. Gotta try.
The chests have 3 levels. The gold chest at maximum value of what the player can control would be the only one that has a chance to spawn a chance at a good roll of of an artifact.

Chance is defined by the UO RNG. I am not asking for a guarantee. For those that do not know UO RNG is about the same chance as the Spurs winning the NBA lottery and picking Zion Williamson.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Stinky Pete - I think the whole point here has been said by quite a few people in that now that they have decided to change the Tmap logic; people just want the Devs to stick to the whole premise of the initial change which is reduce the quantity of loot and increase the quality. It appears the Devs are kind of recreating the wheel here a bit (there is no need for rusty/metal/gold chests or to make profession based chest) while also altering the requirements for treasure hunting which is fine IF the reward is worth to work. I'm pretty sure everyone's suit could use improvements so a chance at getting an improved item gives people a reason to go through the work of doing the new Tmap content. That said, if the loot remains like it is on test which is seemingly complete garbage then there is absolutely zero reason to waste energy on doing Tmaps and then it defeats the whole purpose of even doing the "upgrade" to begin with.

I don't think every single chest should have godly items but as Pawain has said, if there isn't a chance (I think it should be more than 1% chance though) of getting something good then why would we even bother doing maps? They could remove traps from chests all together and make it so anybody with 100 total skill can dig them up and remove the spawn from the chest (meaning literally anyone could dig them up) but if the loot sucks every time then nobody will do them.

If the Devs decided to pop the hood to address Tmap loot "upgrade" then they should it; which means better loot than we get now... I've actually gotten a legendary or 2 with the current Tmaps that I've kept so if nothing is a keeper in the upgraded content then I'd say the Devs have failed.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's 2 percent :devil: I think 1:10 sounds more reasonable
Actually I'm lower than real 1%. Out of 100 items I think 1 of those should get a chance for a Legendary roll. Sometimes the 1% will be a lower quality and you wait for the next Chance.

Swordsman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Throw away the suit you are currently wearing. That will give you a 100% chance to find something usable in the next chest you open. Not to be a troll, but my point is that eventually, once you have everything that you want, everything else is essentially junk. The problem is not in the chests, but in the minds of the players. 6 legendarys in a chest, lol, name one encounter where you can get 6 legendaries in 15 minutes, this is never going to happen.

We are getting powerscrolls for treasure hunting, I'd consider that an upgrade, along with a few other things we never got in chests before. I can see where you are coming from though, the best fix would be to put magic residue, enchanted essence, and relic frags in chests to make up for the drop in loot quantity. Besides less weapons and armor, everything else seems to be about the same. The discussion on the other forum led me to believe that this is exactly what people wanted, less stuff, but of a higher quality. Loot quality only goes so high, you should be careful what you wish for.
This is a horrible idea. Adding a chance of power scroll on lv 5 chest but giving useless items on other lv of maps will trash the T Hunting game.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Time for a few more screen shots. These are all from Cache level chests dug up in Trammel this evening. The t-hunter has GM cartography, no cartography talisman equipped, 600 luck on her suit and was partied with 2 other characters. (Used a different tamer this time than earlier today, who has 1380 luck on suit, vs. the other tamer from earlier today with the horde chests who had 980 luck on her suit. I haven't checked the suit of the thief that tagged along in a while but I don't think she's got any luck on her suit.) I am under the impression luck isn't being taken into account at this point, though.

GOLD CACHE WARRIOR CHEST (6 pieces) (3 characters in party)
loot 19 medium plate shield.png loot 19 mighty short spear.png loot 19 mighty short spear 2.png loot 19 animated longsword.png loot 19 mighty broadsword.png loot 19 vicious ring.png

GOLD CACHE RANGER CHEST (6 pieces) (3 characters in party)
loot 20 fortified hide gorget.png loot 20 invigorating studded tunic.png loot 20 mystic studded armor.png loot 20 fortified hide tunic.png loot 20 fortified studded gloves.png loot 20 animated bow.png

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And two more cache chests, same background info as above.

GOLD WARRIOR CACHE CHEST (7 pieces) (3 characters in party)
loot 21 chainmail leggings.png loot 21 fortified ringmail sleeves.png loot 21 arcane small plate shield.png loot 21 no dachi.png loot 21 mystic bracelet.png loot 21 ring 1.png loot 21 ring 2.png

METAL ASSASSIN CACHE CHEST (7 pieces) (3 characters in party)
loot 22 bandana.png loot 22 mystic bandana.png loot 22 exquisite cleaver.png loot 22 mystic dagger.png loot 22 exquisite cutlass.png loot 22 kryss.png loot 22 ring.png

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
tina - noone cares what's in "cache" chests - the only chests that matter are trove chests dug up with high luck - everything else is obviously just going to be a waste of time - posting all these pictures of mediocre loot is pointless - of course it's gonna be mediocre when you dig up a mid-level chest with a crappy luck suit - I don't need to look at 300 pictures to figure that it - it's pretty obvious that's going to be the case to even the casual observer of life

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
tina - noone cares what's in "cache" chests - the only chests that matter are trove chests dug up with high luck - everything else is obviously just going to be a waste of time - posting all these pictures of mediocre loot is pointless - of course it's gonna be mediocre when you dig up a mid-level chest with a crappy luck suit - I don't need to look at 300 pictures to figure that it - it's pretty obvious that's going to be the case to even the casual observer of life
I dug up several Trove chests, in Fel, with over 2000 luck, and 100 Cart. Some were Gold, some, metal and 1 rusty one. There were ZERO items I would consider "keepers". I did however get 2 awesome JUNK 105's before I decided it wasn't worth any more effort.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After following the other Forums. I really dont know what to think about the new changes. I say this because I believe the Devs are not telling us the whole story on the T-Map changes, either because they know we will hate them or because they dont know what is going on yet themselves. I base that on the following statements that were made during the initial Thread about ideas and then posts in the newer threads about T-Hunting
  1. Initially told that Cartography would replace mining- This resulted in some Character builds not being affected due to not using Mining.
  2. Then Cartography morphed into also being used to determine quality of chest being dug up and had to be a skill at the time of digging. This is where it gets interesting. The note stated that your modified Cartography skill would determine the quality of the chest. The only item that has Cartography bonus is a Talisman that gives a % bonus to the skill. People were using these with 100 cartography and still getting rusty chests on the Highest map level. Seems odd but ok. Now in the most recent post it was stated that the Talisman didnt work that way and that Cartography increase items will be introduced later. Now I am assuming here, but to me that means we will be able to take Cartography above 100, so we would need a scroll. OH, thats right. Now the items that have these cartography mods will need to replace an existing item that we currently wear or have equipped.
  3. Question of "Will Luck affect the quality" has been asked and the answer given was a round about answer of it might act like it does now. My opinion is that they dont know how it works now, or if it works.
  4. Initially we were told that Remove Trap would be required but that Detect Hidden would be deactivated in regards to Treasure hunting. On Test this was not working and the instructions given were ridiculous. For those not following this, we were told to just lower other skills and add Detect to test how Remove Trap would work. This was just an annoyance at most but that means Remove Trap is going into the release. Now at some point ( I missed this part ) Remove Trap was deactivated on Test and we all assumed it was going to be scrapped for this release. It now seems that it is going to be required or at least going to be Tested again on the next release on Test Center.
  5. there are different types(classes) of each level, after decoding you can place it in Daveys locker and then pull it back out and the class will change, We dont know if this is a feature or a coding issue. It has been asked but not answered
In a nut shell this has not been a good run of "lets get everyone excited about new T-Hunting release". I dont have a lot of playtime and have tried to help on Test with digging maps but it seems there is not really a plan on how to Test, much less a goal of what is going to be done by all of this. I applaud everyone that is making the excel sheets of chests dug up and items in the chest for testing purposes. There is a lot of dedicated people that are still trying to help salvage this attempt at a revamp for Treasure hunters. My Testing is done and I will await the results. I hope to be proven wrong but I am thinking this is going to be one of the worst revamps ever.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is a taste of what is showing up in the cache, horde, and trove chests for randomly generated equipment based on the "theme" of the chest and perhaps based on the facet, from 22 chests. More testing needs to be done if people are curious about this aspect of the treasure chest changes. I've only dug these up in Trammel, Malas, Ter Mur, Tokuno and Ilshenar using a human character.

NOTE: Kyronix posted this week that the Barbarian and Warrior themes are going to be combined.

ARMOR
  • Artisan - Bonnet, cap, circlet, feathered hat, flower garland, gargish glasses, gemmed circlet, jester hat, skullcap, straw hat, tall straw hat, wide-brim hat.
  • Assassin - Bandana, leather ninja jacket, mempo.
  • Barbarian - Platemail arms, dragon helm, female elven plate, female plate, gauntlets, gargish stone amulet, plate helm, platemail gloves, platemail gorget, small platemail jingasa, woodland gorget, woodland leggings.
  • Mage - Wizard's hat, bone helmet, female leather armor, gargish cloth chest, gargish cloth wing armor (no properties), leaf arms, leaf gloves, leaf gorget, leaf leggings, leaf tunic, leather sleeves, leather gloves, leather leggings, leather tunic, shorts.
  • Ranger - Gargish leather kilt, gargish leather wing armor (no properties), female hide chest armor, hide gorget, hide tunic, studded armor, studded bustier, studded do, studded gloves, studded sleeves, studded tunic.
  • Warrior - Chainmail leggings, dragon gloves, dragon leggings, dragon sleeves, helmet, leather cap, ringmail sleeves, tricorne hat, vulture helm, winged helm.
SHIELDS
  • Warrior - Gargish chaos shield, heater shield, large plate shield, medium plate shield, metal kite shield, small plate shield, tear kite shield.
WEAPONS
  • Artisan - Axe, battle axe, double axe, dual short axes, executioner's axe, gargish axe, hammer pick, pickaxe, smith's hammer, war axe, war hammer.
  • Assassin - Bone harvester, cleaver, cutlass, dagger, double bladed staff, elven machete, elven spellblade, gargish dagger, gargish kryss, gargish scythe, katana, kryss, lajatang, rune blade, sai.
  • Barbarian - Club, crescent blade, diamond mace, mace, maul, war mace.
  • Mage - Black staff, crook, gnarled staff, scepter, wand. (Note: All the wands have had spell channeling, and only one crook, out of three, had spell channeling. No other weapons in mage chests have had spell channeling.)
  • Ranger - Bow, crossbow, heavy crossbow, magical shortbow, repeating crossbow, cyclone, skinning knife.
  • Warrior - Bardiche, broadsword, gargish pike, halberd, lance, longsword, no-dachi, pike, radiant scimitar, scimitar, short spear, viking sword, war fork.
JEWELRY
I haven't found any consistency within themes for jewelry.

Last edited:

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
After following the other Forums. I really dont know what to think about the new changes. I say this because I believe the Devs are not telling us the whole story on the T-Map changes, either because they know we will hate them or because they dont know what is going on yet themselves. I base that on the following statements that were made during the initial Thread about ideas and then posts in the newer threads about T-Hunting
  1. Initially told that Cartography would replace mining- This resulted in some Character builds not being affected due to not using Mining.
  2. Then Cartography morphed into also being used to determine quality of chest being dug up and had to be a skill at the time of digging. This is where it gets interesting. The note stated that your modified Cartography skill would determine the quality of the chest. The only item that has Cartography bonus is a Talisman that gives a % bonus to the skill. People were using these with 100 cartography and still getting rusty chests on the Highest map level. Seems odd but ok. Now in the most recent post it was stated that the Talisman didnt work that way and that Cartography increase items will be introduced later. Now I am assuming here, but to me that means we will be able to take Cartography above 100, so we would need a scroll. OH, thats right. Now the items that have these cartography mods will need to replace an existing item that we currently wear or have equipped.
  3. Question of "Will Luck affect the quality" has been asked and the answer given was a round about answer of it might act like it does now. My opinion is that they dont know how it works now, or if it works.
  4. Initially we were told that Remove Trap would be required but that Detect Hidden would be deactivated in regards to Treasure hunting. On Test this was not working and the instructions given were ridiculous. For those not following this, we were told to just lower other skills and add Detect to test how Remove Trap would work. This was just an annoyance at most but that means Remove Trap is going into the release. Now at some point ( I missed this part ) Remove Trap was deactivated on Test and we all assumed it was going to be scrapped for this release. It now seems that it is going to be required or at least going to be Tested again on the next release on Test Center.
  5. there are different types(classes) of each level, after decoding you can place it in Daveys locker and then pull it back out and the class will change, We dont know if this is a feature or a coding issue. It has been asked but not answered
In a nut shell this has not been a good run of "lets get everyone excited about new T-Hunting release". I dont have a lot of playtime and have tried to help on Test with digging maps but it seems there is not really a plan on how to Test, much less a goal of what is going to be done by all of this. I applaud everyone that is making the excel sheets of chests dug up and items in the chest for testing purposes. There is a lot of dedicated people that are still trying to help salvage this attempt at a revamp for Treasure hunters. My Testing is done and I will await the results. I hope to be proven wrong but I am thinking this is going to be one of the worst revamps ever.
Excellent post!

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am of a different opinion, though....

While I can understand that complexity may drive away some players from Ultima Online, I still think that being a very complex and "DEEP" game adds spice and interestingness to it.... at least for me.

Sure, I DO AM intimidated by its complexity and, infact, I am having currently, as a returning player, a hard time to understand in details the ins and outs of the crafting mechanics and I have not even touched the pets' training new mechanics... I first want to understand WELL how crafting now works....

But, I have to say, having my head hurt when trying to understand how the mechanics work is also intriguing, challenging, and when (if) I will eventually get to understand how the mechanics works, it will be quite satisfactory to then be able to master it and take advantage in the game from what I learned...

I do would LOVE to have more Guides to help one get through learning, though....

Too often, Posts on topics are too concise, not enough explicative... not to mention that at times different players' Posts on the same one topic may be contradicting one another and thus, leave an inexperienced and still with limited knowledge on that one topic reader, in great difficulties on which line of thinking to follow when they cannot be both right....

So, if there were more Guides out there, and more detailed ones, from well experienced players on given topics, it would immensely help....

Take Reforging, for example, to my knowledge, there is not a well detailed Guide on Reforging as available.

Yes, there are some write ups with the mechanics of how to do it but then, when one goes through reading Posts here and there about Reforging it is possible to learn that there is quite more to Reforging and doing it right not to waste imbuing weights (especially when it comes to Resistances), to just applying some runics on some plain materials to reforge them....

Not to mention, that it is not clear to me yet how Reforging, Imbuing and Refinements can interact with one another...

Can the 500% Imbuing Weight "CAP" be exceeded through clever ways to handle Reforging and Refinements ?

Is it possible, by fine tuning Reforging and Refinements when working on adjusting Resistances to leave all or most of the Imbuing Weight at disposal of players (the 500%) on modifiers OTHER then resistances, thus to come out with a better suit ?

How ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am of a different opinion, though....

While I can understand that complexity may drive away some players from Ultima Online, I still think that being a very complex and "DEEP" game adds spice and interestingness to it.... at least for me.

Sure, I DO AM intimidated by its complexity and, infact, I am having currently, as a returning player, a hard time to understand in details the ins and outs of the crafting mechanics and I have not even touched the pets' training new mechanics... I first want to understand WELL how crafting now works....

But, I have to say, having my head hurt when trying to understand how the mechanics work is also intriguing, challenging, and when (if) I will eventually get to understand how the mechanics works, it will be quite satisfactory to then be able to master it and take advantage in the game from what I learned...

I do would LOVE to have more Guides to help one get through learning, though....

Too often, Posts on topics are too concise, not enough explicative... not to mention that at times different players' Posts on the same one topic may be contradicting one another and thus, leave an inexperienced and still with limited knowledge on that one topic reader, in great difficulties on which line of thinking to follow when they cannot be both right....

So, if there were more Guides out there, and more detailed ones, from well experienced players on given topics, it would immensely help....

Take Reforging, for example, to my knowledge, there is not a well detailed Guide on Reforging as available.

Yes, there are some write ups with the mechanics of how to do it but then, when one goes through reading Posts here and there about Reforging it is possible to learn that there is quite more to Reforging and doing it right not to waste imbuing weights (especially when it comes to Resistances), to just applying some runics on some plain materials to reforge them....

Not to mention, that it is not clear to me yet how Reforging, Imbuing and Refinements can interact with one another...

Can the 500% Imbuing Weight "CAP" be exceeded through clever ways to handle Reforging and Refinements ?

Is it possible, by fine tuning Reforging and Refinements when working on adjusting Resistances to leave all or most of the Imbuing Weight at disposal of players (the 500%) on modifiers OTHER then resistances, thus to come out with a better suit ?

How ?