• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Switching to EC targeting?

• Thread starter grig_since98
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

grig_since98

Since returning to UO I have adopted the EC completely, especially now that I have Pinco UI. However, after flamestriking myself for the 20th time, I switched to legacy targeting. Perhaps I should practice the new targeting and try again.

Does EC targeting have significant advantages over legacy? How does ground targeting work with that form of targeting? Is the new targeting style popular amongst other EC users or do a lot of people retain legacy?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just set the spells to target cursor and is the same, with many other advantages if you set target self or target current (this 2 cut off the time between cursor appears and select target).

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know anyone who uses legacy targeting - with "target -> cursor" you can point and click like in the classic client, but with the other targeting options you can set up very easy macros for all kind of things.

G

grig_since98

Sounds good. I need to be playing around with macros anyhow.