• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Switching houses

Grugot

Journeyman
Am I allowed to switch houses between my two accounts or will one fall? So Account A transfers house A to Account B and then Account B transfers house B to Account A.

Will that work? I thought I saw a thread that said it won't.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ya i always wondered about that id like to know as well.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can try it, but will probably need a third account to do the switching. Note also that houses can't be traded if there are vendors in them (except rented vendors).

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
No just the two accounts.

And yes, take vendors down first. My main account was holding my Luna house for a long time and I wanted to switch it so I gave my luna house to my second account.

Transfer A to B...then B to A...I've done it at least 4 times.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
No just the two accounts.

And yes, take vendors down first. My main account was holding my Luna house for a long time and I wanted to switch it so I gave my luna house to my second account.

Transfer A to B...then B to A...I've done it at least 4 times.
Doesn't account A transferring the house active the timer ?

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The timer is for one account....so if I transfer from A to B...B accepts the house and can't accept another for 7 days? I forget the exact number...but account A hasn't accepted a house, just gave one away so the timer doesn't apply until A takes the other house from B. Then the timer for A begins.

I would show you with my houses on Siege but both characters have the same name so it's hard to tell!

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
Doesn't account A transferring the house active the timer ?
That's what I was thinking, but House Ownership – 1. Placing a House – Ultima Online says " If you place a house or have a house traded to you, a one-week timer begins. During that time, you may not place another house or have another house traded to you. However, you can give away or sell a house, demolish a house or convert a pre-build house to a customizable plot without restriction. ".

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
That's what I was thinking, but House Ownership – 1. Placing a House – Ultima Online says " If you place a house or have a house traded to you, a one-week timer begins. During that time, you may not place another house or have another house traded to you. However, you can give away or sell a house, demolish a house or convert a pre-build house to a customizable plot without restriction. ".
I think at some point there was a change now it says something like buy sell or transfer a house if i recall

Nightly

Journeyman
Only if you accept a house or place a house, nothing about timer starting for giving away a house. Ive personally done this using only the 2 accounts, so in short yes you can.