• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suits creation questions

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok what Im looking for is what you would shoot for in stats when creating suits for mage pvm template and say a fighter/archer bushido pvm template.

So what resists would be considered optimal, I understand that you want higher fire resist due to say a curse but what other resists would you take past the 70 max (any difference between the mage/fighter considerations)

Is there any artifact that you would try to incorporate into a suit? Say something with SDI for a mage/ mace-shield glasses for a fighter

Not worried about Talismans or aprons etc I will figure that requirement after my play style just looking for the end resist-bonus's++ that you would look for in a finished crafted suit. Figure if im going to spend the time to use that crafting artifact to craft some suit pieces I don't wont to realize I missed something from suit

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok what Im looking for is what you would shoot for in stats when creating suits for mage pvm template and say a fighter/archer bushido pvm template.

So what resists would be considered optimal, I understand that you want higher fire resist due to say a curse but what other resists would you take past the 70 max (any difference between the mage/fighter considerations)

Is there any artifact that you would try to incorporate into a suit? Say something with SDI for a mage/ mace-shield glasses for a fighter

Not worried about Talismans or aprons etc I will figure that requirement after my play style just looking for the end resist-bonus's++ that you would look for in a finished crafted suit. Figure if im going to spend the time to use that crafting artifact to craft some suit pieces I don't wont to realize I missed something from suit
Final resist values really depend on the spells you're going to be using and the creatures you're going to be engaging. If your goal is to max resists in each category, just start at the max and add enough points to cover any negative spell effects. As a mage/archer you may not need to max everything. I fact, I would imagine you could sacrifice quite a bit of physical resist for some other property (e.g. DCI) ... that is if you are planning to avoid taking physical damage.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
You've really asked 3 vastly different questions here: mage, melee, and archer suits are going to be, aside from shooting for good resists, and LMC, quite different across the board.

If you're looking for advice on how to build a suit for a melee fighter, there are some VERY nicely written guides over in the Warrior forum, from ones that talk about where to begin as your just starting out, all the way up to discussions on how to go about a 210 stamina. There are discussions on material: metal vs wood vs studded leather, to instructions on what to reforge and how.

I'd go ahead and read all those, and then ask more pointed questions, perhaps after deciding on what kind of template you want to run too. Interestingly though, I think what you'll find is, for melee chars: its all in the weapon(s).