• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestions for Taming FAQs

Akasha1

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Everyone-

This is the thread for posting any comments, corrections or suggestions of content you want to see in the new version of the taming FAQs and guides.

If you want to contribute to the revisions, just send me a pm!

Thanks!
-Akasha

WildWobble

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to see a guide for people with regards to useing honor, etherial voyage to tame big mean things.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a list out there of what foods qualify as what diets, for purposes of feeding pets? It would be nice to be able to quickly tell what you need to feed for the bond checks.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Stratic's Complete Hunter's Guide lists most pet's Preferred Foods.
http://uo.stratics.com/hunters/index.shtml
I know that - but that's not what I was asking.

What I'm asking is what items qualify as each perferred food category.

For example, a Gaman's preferred food is "Grains & Hay" yet the only two grains I know of in the game, wheat (harvested from fields) & corn (ears), do not qualify.

Another example is which "meats" qualify for feeding creatures wanting meat. In a number of cases, prepared foods do not, when the raw varieties are useful as food (note that the game at least has it right that sausages work as food, as most sausages use raw or partially-cooked meat - and that fully cooked hams are a reasonably modern invention).

There's also similar questions/issues for fish, and other categories.

U

uoBuoY

I'm pretty sure food is food. All that matters is if the pet eats it.
Gamans eat wheat bought from a farmer NPC.
I don't any pets eat cooked food, only raw.
Kits will only eat uncooked fish.

B

Boogieman

So... this thread is more than a year old. Has the new FAQ been put on hold ad infinitum?

The current FAQ seems more than a bit out of date as well as lacking a lot of new information.

Just curious to know the status.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To answer your food question:

Fruit eaters will eat any fruit or vegetable ( I feed mine on loot drops from vorpal bunnies, titan, ratmen in the Abyss and fruit picked from my apple and peach trees. )
Meat eaters will eat any raw meat, any cooked meat except cooked ribs and body parts (such as those from zombies etc)
Fish eaters will only eat raw fish.
Grain eaters will eat only hay bought from an npc farmer.
Item of note: Raw fish obtained from carving sea serpents actually counts as 'meat' and not 'fish'.