• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion to come here for help

• Thread starter Mystic Princess
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

Mystic Princess

Hi guys

Just returning after two years away, I can run any game known to man bar any of the UO games :( I'll do my spec here first.

Hd x2 terrabite
BFG GeForce GTX 285 OCX 1024MB GDDR3 PCI-Express Graphics Card
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 LGA775 'Yorkfield' 2.83GHz 12MB-cache (1333FSB) Processor
Coolermaster Real Power 850w Modular Power Supply
Asus P5Q-E Intel P45 (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Corsair Dominator 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 XMS2 PC2-8500C5 TwinX Supplied with Airflow Fan (TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF)

All drivers are up to date, I have had a techi sat here all day he just can't figure whats going on either, hubby is working fine, friends with identical computers to this one fine, I can run Wow Vanguard, Star Wars anything intensive without lag without a graphical hitch without a problem especially Vanguard, I can play that like there is no one in the world bar me, even If anyone's tried it New Targ witch catches most peoples machines out.

Now I want to play UO, so I'll try to explain a bit ...

When we first started UO we used to have terrible lag the famous uo two step, well I have it in grand style... first everything is black when I load in the new client, KR not black , Mondains Not black.

Then movement, SA... Black load, hitching like mad, lag spikes, and interestingly I jump 4-8 squares ahead of myself on movement, not to mention the buildings loading slowly, my hubby has no issues, my graphics card has been tested to death this morning nothing at all , direct x the same tested to death nothing wrong there, all other games fine.

The square jumping happens even when there is no lag, double click issues, this is what it feels like, it feels like my computer has already done it but the game can't catch up, so for example anything that needs double clicking just will not, text... text appears and dissapears in a nano second even when settings to get it to hang there .........same for the chat box, taming an animal it's so fast I never see a message (not good for dragons :) ) went to get the hubby a beetle down the a hole (that makes me laugh) and I cant see me taming I had to get the hubby to tell me when the "you begin taming* comes up.

Three days of testing my machine with everything, professional techi sat here remotely totally baffled why I can't play a simple directx game when I can run a 3d game like Vanguard without any problems and like im the only one on the server.

I have played uo for a very long time, the lag is not like the lag we used to love, this is weird and frustrating, it's not really like hitching its just weird as hell and driving me mental.

I want to play but I can't do a thing, would like to get the old taming up to 120 but to scared to go anywhere but hang arround Haven, or sat in my house. Could not even manage to keep someone alive as the spells rarely go off including the healing, both on the hotbars direct on the group bar or direct from the spell book..

I don't know what is going on or why, no one else seems to have the prob, the constand hiding of my chat bar, so I have to actively seek it out to see what someone said as the text is here and gone just like that.

Tried every setting tried every round test tried all the old UO things with packet losses nothing it's all says 0%

I hope someone here can help me I am now beond frustrated....... I use vue7 extreme, poser, maya and all the rest I can render two models in diff programs the same time, so my vertual memory is spot on..... my speed everything is fine.. argggg *cries* and soo confused.

Please help would like to decorate ;)

Ohh I now have all the uo's installed :D I am persistent so all are the same, well the old client (painfull to see) just has monumental lag.

Huge hugs and an advanced thank you for time and patience for having to listen to my non techi babbling

Myst xx

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Two questions,

1) Are you connected to your Internet Router via Wireless or Ethernet.

2) All things considered, your PCIe spec does not identify it as either Version 1.0 or Version 2.0. I am assuming it is Version 2.0 (basically twice as fast as version 1.0). By necessity there are two components, the PCIe connector on the Mother / Main board and the PCIe connector on the Video Card. They do not need to match but the lower spec (Ver 1 | Ver 2) will be the one used.

If you are connected Wirelessly, then you can for the time being skip this part but the information is a good thing to know.

Well a 3rd question, can you verify what FSB your memory is actually running at?

If not, then you can download a CD Image named SysRescue, burn it to a CD, boot from it and look at the menu selections, select memory86(?) test. This should give you several speeds, in terms of megabytes per second.

L1
L2
L3 (if any)

Main Memory.

It would be useful to know what Operating System your running, and the Bit version (32B or 64B).

M

Mystic Princess

Onlllllllly me

Ok seems like I will not be able to play :( we came from Vanguard there are eight of us that came from Vanguard, three of us have Quad Core overclocking ability machines, we all did fresh windows installs and the specs above, one of our guys is running x4 of my graphics card.. the others are running normal good systems but not like ours and they do not have Quad cores.

I can't play, the black, the lag, the hitchin, neither can the other three with quad cores, the one with 4 gfx cards is a Cad designer for Airospace lol he gets constant blue screen of death, he sat all day tweeking mine to see if we could get it better, the faster he tweeked the worse UO got for me, two of the high spec machines are running pre mondains they can play but have uo two step now and then.

So we striped the machines down over clocked the wirless con, (dont ask me hes the techi) anyhooo nothing same old same old, I am going to try to get hold of tech support, they must be running uo on machines far more superiour than mine and even the techi's so perhaps they will find an answer. We came as a guild and want to stay oddly even comming off VG they like the playability of UO if not the graphics, I am actually sure that the step back is a positive move, i.e. gameplay over pretty graphics.

Hope you don't mind if I let you know how it all goes, others might have similar specs and souped up machines for high end graphical work, who are experiencing the same probs, and it might help.

Lets hope the tech team are nicely nicely .

Huge hugs and thank you for the time and patience in listening to me.

I am on normal windows xp, the techi is on windows 7, the other two are on vvv whats it caled the v one lol im tired been at this all day...... and the four running arround placing their houses n stuff are all windows xp, hubby is on my old machine :p irony. Were all on wireless appart from one of the ones who can play hes on a router.

Myst

K

Kiwillian

Are you running the new client Full Screen or Windowed? Maybe try switching it and seeing what happens.

Those systems you describe are a lot better than mine, I think, and I can run both KR and EC with no problems. If anything, 2D kills my PC for some reason =/