• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Drake: Hues?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Okay, so I have seen the standard grey, light blue and pink... anyone have any other colors? Pics?

Here is my pink one.

pinky.png

Last edited:

Lady Lisa

Visitor
oh! I love that. I just found a light blue one... any advice on getting a pink one? I only ran into one so far in the abyss..

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh! I love that. I just found a light blue one... any advice on getting a pink one? I only ran into one so far in the abyss..
Just keep killing them. I also have more of a crimson red one and I hear there is also a white one, but haven't seen it myself.

RhelHalcyon

Journeyman
Just keep killing them. I also have more of a crimson red one and I hear there is also a white one, but haven't seen it myself.
I think I've seen the white one, but I thought it was a graphics glitch. It looked really strange since the only coloration is on their legs and head? Cool though!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
So far I am aware of 5 different colored Stygian Drakes. Standard grey, light blue, pink, white and crimson red
These pics are from the ones I have tamed myself. I have yet to tame the crimson red but I do know it exists.

There is also another thread with pet hues. The Colored Pet Thread

Untitled.jpg

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I fail to see the point in having one since they can't do anything special.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And who says we just haven't found their "niche" yet.
Not many know that Lions can Heal themselves, still a little mystery in the new system yet ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Oh, not everything has to have a point or make sense, Look at the Lasher for example :D
Some things are just fun to have because you can!
I think they look..... "odd" like a duck of some sort. Maybe that's me... Anyway with limited stable space (I'm 100% against buying slots)... I just don't think I'll get one... I should have taken screenies of all the ones I killed while doing the spawn.

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
WTAF is that????
Jesus, what the hell is the Dev in-charge of pixels smoking these days??
Even for UO standards that looks god awful... :facepalm:

Haha, This is a Stygian Drake and I have to agree, it is kind of an ugly duckling type.
Getting this rare colored one out, for me, was a bit frustrating but here he is!!...I had to have it just for the color :p

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Haha, This is a Stygian Drake and I have to agree, it is kind of an ugly duckling type.
Getting this rare colored one out, for me, was a bit frustrating but here he is!!...I had to have it just for the color :p
Easy way to get them out, tell it to stay and invis...
make sure nothing is targeted on it or it will reveal it
recall out, log out and back in

tamed these in the gazebo area where the egg nests are
used my cu to kill off all the snakes in the area & the drakes
until the one I wanted spawned

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Easy way to get them out, tell it to stay and invis...
make sure nothing is targeted on it or it will reveal it
recall out, log out and back in

tamed these in the gazebo area where the egg nests are
used my cu to kill off all the snakes in the area & the drakes
until the one I wanted spawned
What I meant by "getting it out" was for it to spawn, took forever.
getting it out of the Abyss was the easy part and yes, I use the Invis and recall trick, works great!

Sinder Shayde

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Actually I got 4 of them to spawn in 20 mins time, much easier than getting the void nightmares

Wow, that is crazy. I hate to say it but it took me a few hours to get the red one out.
I killed many a pink, blue, white....Did you use the new Totem!!..LoL

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
No I just used my cu to kill til one spawned
then my husband would tame them or watch while I recalled out to stable my pet

not sure I'd ever buy the Totem, it would just be deco for me