• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stygian Abyss Activation/Download Woes

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems to me that they have a good idea how many folks play UO. And they should be able to look at past records and have an idea concerning what percentage of their players will upgrade to a new format as soon as it is released (especially when the client will not allow you to play until you upgrade!).

So given those supposed facts, why on earth don't they plan better for the onslaught that their computers receive when a new game is released?

Because I have 2 accounts, I purchased my upgrade from both vendors - one from EA Games and one from UO Game Codes. They certainly have no problems making the purchases! But a download? Ha! Upgrading my accounts? Ha! Fat chance.

So sad because it shows how much they really "care" about their players. Take their money for a new game? No problem! Have a large bank of computers ready to handle downloads? No so much. Not even a message which states "We apologize for the inconvenience, but our computers are currently overwhelmed. Please be patient and try again later." That would still be frustrating, but it would ease it a little.

Okay. End rant.

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh - and a p.s.

I surely am glad that I did not have anything "time sensitive" going on in-game - like raising plants - as they surely would die before I would be able to get the game upgraded.