• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stupid Questions

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Okay, a couple of pretty goofy questions, but I just want to make 100% sure that my assumptions are correct before I do anything stupid....

Since the housing changed (yeah, from a long time ago, when I played often--back when you had public and private, and about 8 house designs to choose from, and that was it) I really haven't messed with my house much at all. It's set to private, and it's basically a closet--a bunch of chests, and runes and a few runebooks locked down on the floor.

However, I'm now considering throwing up a couple of vendors--the first I'll have had since customization was possible. My questions regard this--if I set my house to public, and have all my "stuff" on the second floor, I can set the teleporter's security to owner only, and there will be no way anyone except my account's characters can get off the first floor, correct? Also, even if my house is public, does the "reveal" trick still work, where it automatically shows every hidden person in the house, even if I have 0% detect hidden?

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can set the teleporter's security to owner only, and there will be no way anyone except my account's characters can get off the first floor, correct?
Correct.

Also, even if my house is public, does the "reveal" trick still work, where it automatically shows every hidden person in the house, even if I have 0% detect hidden?
Yes.

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can set the teleporter's security to owner only, and there will be no way anyone except my account's characters can get off the first floor, correct?
Actually that's not 100% correct... Any one with the right know how that is friended to your house can get up there, thought honestly not to many people would bother.

Also, even if my house is public, does the "reveal" trick still work, where it automatically shows every hidden person in the house, even if I have 0% detect hidden?
And again that's not 100% either there are circumstances I won't mention due to the unscrupulous nature of some people that will allow them to go right on being hidden. However those circumstances are few and far between.

However as a general rule... both of those statements are fairly true.

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both are true.

You can always stick "unless they're cheating" onto something.

rolleyes:

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't believe either of those thing to be cheating, its the games own failure to work correctly that allows such things and both of those exceptions make his original assumptions false. And the first method as far as I know is fairly was fairly widely accepted as the only way onto a castle roof for Many many years so in this forum most of the old folks here should know what I'm talking about. It's a mechanical issue that has a purpose though it has been made unnecessary by other fixes. =)

Berethrain

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its the games own failure to work correctly that allows such things
This is like saying it's ok to exploit something because the game shouldn't have allowed you to do it in the first place.

Sticking a ladder there isn't a common practice.

K

kaldera4

Actually that's not 100% correct... Any one with the right know how that is friended to your house can get up there, thought honestly not to many people would bother.

And again that's not 100% either there are circumstances I won't mention due to the unscrupulous nature of some people that will allow them to go right on being hidden. However those circumstances are few and far between.

However as a general rule... both of those statements are fairly true.
why you not mention how they can stay hidden even if i do detect hidding in my own house? i didnt know that. why not explain how it works. so honest player could prevent theirselfs?

AtlanticVlad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok first and foremost the things that I don't consider exploits are the things that so far no one has said boo or hiss to in years that many of the staff have applauded us deco folk for figuring out how to do. They arn't supposed to work but they do and no one cares enough to fix them, and it has nothing to do with ladders. As for the protecting your selves It's highly doubtful that you even need to both your self about that and really, this one, I think the less that know the safer we all are, I don't want to cripple the deco community. Perhaps I should report that as a bug but I've yet to see or hear of any one exploiting it for any reason, its not exactly an easy thing to abuse. and I doubt it would be fixed in any timely fashion. However if you are afraid of your security please pm me and I'll gladly come take a look at your home and tell you if its safe. =)