• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stuck at 25

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I am experimenting with begging and decided to work it up from 23 which I got it trained from a gypsy. I got to 25 and am not stuck, I cannot get anymore gains. Skill arrow is up and it is a new character that has only 195.9 total skill points. I have tried logging out, going through a moongate, changing server lines and hitting different towns asking different npc's. After an hour I am still at 25. Is this a bug?

F

Fink

Sounds like a bug. An hour is a long time to go without a gain at that level.

I'd try a scroll of transcendence to bump it up a little, even 0.1. These scrolls are usually cheap if not bought in the lead-up to Halloween. Some people suggest dying along with the methods you mentioned.

If nothing else works, and I only ever recommend this as an absolute last resort, page a GM.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I ended up logging out for about 30 minutes and when I logged back in started begging again I got a gain on the 3rd try. It sure is a slow skill to work. After about 90 minutes I got up to 33.1 but gains really slowed down again so I stopped for the night.

pacific cruiser

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unfortunatly thats begging SLOW>>> REAL slow took me a long time and lotsa hours to GM...go to hearttwood portal and beg off of the npcs there.. when that gets boring , go back out and travel house to house at entrance theres like 10 npc's to beg from and occasianal npc's walking around. some toons are going to luna in the mage shop and begging there due to there is quite a few npc's in a small room.took me over 6 months at a toon with only 50 chiv Good luck when ya Gm try Foresnic eval another fun skill ti try to gain in:thumbup1:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was my impression that gains were faster in Heartwood than in Luna.

Plus you have the tiny buzz of collecting rare beggables.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I made a UO Assist macro for begging set it up in Luna in the Mage shop. There are 3 Mages and a couple of herbalist and alchemists in there. That's a nice number of NPC's that will stay in a tight area. I just set the macro up to hit each one and plugged in delays. No running around for me!