• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Strongbox Quests ...

S

sikooovision

....From what I can gather these quests give you the best chance at nice loot, next to artifact drops and the luckily crafted items. How do I begin a strongbox quest? There are multiple ones to do right? Which are best for loot and which are the easiest? Any help or links are very much appreciated.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
....From what I can gather these quests give you the best chance at nice loot, next to artifact drops and the luckily crafted items. How do I begin a strongbox quest? There are multiple ones to do right? Which are best for loot and which are the easiest? Any help or links are very much appreciated.

Here is a list with all quests: http://www.uoguide.com/Quests_by_NPC

You can read trough all them so you can decide wich one you want to try. The one in Heartwood that are not related to crafting can give the strongbox rewards.

C

cheerful

Taking 'easiest' as a relative term, the one i do most is Elder Acob's new leadership quest.
In the course of killing the three mini bosses needed to obtain the box you can also pick up 12k in loot and a chance of a peerless key dropping on the corpse. Once you have a set of three you can either phone a friend to fight Travesty or grab the master keys to get to the boss and simply pick up the 'correspndence of Minax' that lay on the floor (normally 2) these will each get you an addition box from Sarakki (outside Brit library) therefore in 'one round' you could score 12k gold and 3 strong box's.
If you take the option to grab the 'corries' only pick up one and trade it before getting any others as it used to be bugged (no idea if it got fixed) and obviously keep out of Travesty's way.

Hope it helps someone.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ooh, never noticed Acob before! Thanks!

Also in Heartwood, Broolol's quest is relatively easy if you know what you're doing and infinitely repeatable.

And in Sanctuary, Dallid's Moug Guur quest chain is not too easy unless you have a guide who shows you what to do, but it is also repeatable.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Much harder than Broolol's quest, but also repeatable, is the quest from the Mistress of Admissions in Umbra.

The upside is that you don't need a stealther to go get minotaur artifacts, like Broolol's quest.

The downside is that Red Death is a pain in the nether regions to kill (not to mention the number of rotting corpses you have to kill in Bedlam).

S

sikooovision

Thanks for the ideas ... I'm gonna have to try a few out and see what I like/can do myself.

D

Dragonchilde

Quick question: I did the strongbox quest (Broolol's, thanks for the advice, Farsight!)and got my rewards. Is it actually supposed to give you a strongbox (as in, the metal kind that used to be acquired through a housing glitch) or is it just the wooden box that I got?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A wooden box. Too many rares types would have gotten upset, even if there are ways I've heard of to get strong boxes identical to the old rare.

D

Dragonchilde

Poo. Ah well, I still got some nice items (and the wooden box I got was nicely colored, too.).

I used to have one of the old strongboxes, but lost it when my house IDOCed.