• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Stratics and Social Media - Do You?

Do you use social media? If so do you use...

• Twitter

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Facebook

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Google+

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Instagram

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Tumblr

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • I do not use social media for anything other than keeping in-touch with family & friends

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

Proto Foe

Adventurer
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Ellor :)

Just a quick question for you all. Nice and casual, no pressure... Though if you don't answer, I am sorry, our CEO will have his tie collection removed for a whole week.

Also, Stratics is present on the below social media! *shameless plug*

Twitter
Facebook
Google+

Warmest,
Pinnique

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Started using them a lot more when I discovered their utility for community building and business applications. Now that I've started, seems like a normal part of me. Twitter, in particular, I never saw a point to, but now I understand that I can read news from media, games, and personalities with the assurance that they can't flood me with more info than fits in 140 characters. Like browsing headlines from my own, personalized newspaper.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Noldor

Knight, Order of the Bug Hunters
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use facebook but it isn't listed in my real name.

I don't use Twitter because I was getting spam off it and I don't like how it has become the de-facto resource to unjustly accuse people of bad things...and there isn't any recourse against it. Now even the police and courts use what is said on Twitter as EVIDENCE! When people on Twitter can falsely accuse someone of being a terrorist...and that person gets killed/dies because of those postings...is when social media becomes the tool of evil purposes.

TQQdles™

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would have voted, but my option is not represented. I do not use social media at all. I keep up with family and friends the old fashioned ways, in person, phone and text.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would have voted, but my option is not represented. I do not use social media at all. I keep up with family and friends the old fashioned ways, in person, phone and text.
I'm so old that I had to laugh at "text" being considered an "old fashioned" way of keeping up with family.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For me the question becomes where do I draw the line? For me at some point it becomes just babble that adds no real value. Using something like, say, Twitter as a 'smart tool' for certain things can sometimes be helpful but for me it usually ends up being just more garbage information that quickly absorbs my time. I'm past my prime and I always end up spending way too much of time left to me floating from one post to another. I've actually been consciously trying to be a little smarter in that respect.

I think the video I linked to in my most recent blog post clearly states how I feel on the subject. If you're interested here is a link to my blog:
Amber's "No, I'm really not wasting time, this is important! Oh. Dinner was suppose to be 2 hours ago?" blog.